Way too many updates

Discus and support Way too many updates in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Is it just me or is everybody tried of all the updates. I startup and just want to play but it needs an update. Why not have a yes/no button and let us... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by nbarinnt, Jul 12, 2018.

1. nbarinnt
    nbarinnt Guest

Way too many updates

Is it just me or is everybody tried of all the updates. I startup and just want to play but it needs an update. Why not have a yes/no button and let us play. This is why I bought the console and could care less about constant updates.

:)

nbarinnt, Jul 12, 2018
  2. P13M4N
    P13M4N Guest
    Too many updates!

Whenever I connect to Xbox live and try to play a game it always says that I need an update, but the update never loads! It goes up by the smallest amount and stops. After about 2-3 minutes it says it can't update! What is wrong!!!!

P13M4N, Jul 12, 2018
  3. Too many updates!

It seems that every other day there is a new update out that makes me sit and watch my slow internet try to download it within a reasonable amount of time. Slow it down a little with the updates!

PhaNToM FreD II, Jul 12, 2018
  4. Way too many updates

If you are getting updates every few days, then your console is probably in the Xbox insider program. To stop the updates from happening every few days, then you need to launch the Xbox insider hub, and remove the console from the insider program.

If your console is not in the insider program, then your console has probably just updated to the July update, you won't get another one until the next public update is released.

StuartATrueRed, Jul 12, 2018
  5. Halo Pro
    Halo Pro Guest
    Welcome to the online world of console gaming, these updates often contain patches in them, fixes bugs, nuances, and adding additional content to games, not to mention security for Xbox Live.

Halo Pro, Jul 12, 2018
  6. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    Set your console to instant on mode and you'll never notice them. The console will update when you're not using it.

Smwutches, Jul 12, 2018
  7. whatsAmada
    whatsAmada Guest
    Updates are not only there to add new content, but they are there to fix bugs that people have reported.

whatsAmada, Jul 13, 2018
  8. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest

Way too many updates

I only get an update every few months it seems and you don’t have to do them then and there. You can do them later. It sounds like you’re in the preview program.

brandiesel1, Jul 13, 2018
  9. IRB
    IRB Guest
    For console updates, they are not quite a regular unless you signed up for the Insider/Preview program.

For the games, the developers want to fix bugs as quick as possible, and for any online portion they want everyone running the same version for compatibility so it will force the update, otherwise you can continue playing but offline.

10. Michaaa02
    Michaaa02 Guest
    Sounds like you're in the insider program, i only get an update once every month or so.

Michaaa02, Jul 14, 2018
  11. pawncrackers
    pawncrackers Guest
    Part of me agrees with this sentiment, but alas, that's the digital world we live in nowadays.. To ensure everyone is on the same page, games have to be kept up to date, as per the developer's intentions.

L

pawncrackers, Jul 14, 2018
  12. JohnnyXeo
    JohnnyXeo Guest
    I rather updates than a shorter console cycle which makes me want to buy the new shiny.

JohnnyXeo, Jul 14, 2018
  13. MasTerKi3Z
    MasTerKi3Z Guest

Way too many updates

You're and Xbox Insider, right? If so it's because of that you're having so many updates.

MasTerKi3Z, Jul 15, 2018
  14. nbarinnt
    nbarinnt Guest
    Not a insider I play offline single player don't need or want updates unless I hit a bug. So what's the big deal to a yes/no button on updates.

nbarinnt, Jul 22, 2018
  15. Amph82626463
    Amph82626463 Guest
    Sorry to hear about that! Unfortunately that is a step we all must go through for full functionality of the games and console experience! Fortunately, however, the updates normally never take long to be applied. See you online!

-Amph

Amph82626463, Jul 22, 2018
Thema:

Way too many updates

1. Way too many updates - Similar Threads - too many updates

2. My on screen keyboard is giving too many options for each individual letter and character...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My on screen keyboard is giving too many options for each individual letter and character...: The on screen keyboard is giving too many options which is very annoying and affecting game play. How do I change this 77a41866-ac3a-460f-bb48-55d8543171e5
  3. Too many people have made this their home Xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    Too many people have made this their home Xbox: I’m trying to make my account home Xbox so that my brother can play without signing in on my account because I have credit cards and other sensitive stuff, when I try to make my account home Xbox...
  4. If you are locked out of your Xbox account because you did the password too many times how...

in XBoX Accessibility
    If you are locked out of your Xbox account because you did the password too many times how...: I am locked out of my Xbox for doing the password too many times wrong how long does it take until I can do it again 9643f524-37a7-46a7-9b6d-1d9d0bf52d82
  5. "Too many refund requests this year" from trying to refund Minecraft twice?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "Too many refund requests this year" from trying to refund Minecraft twice?: My mate recently bought Minecraft Bedrock and Java for £25, but never received either game, so he refunded it. After 3 days, he never got his money back or the game. He went to return the game...
  6. Halo MCC Sign-In Failed Too Many Attempts (No attempts were made though)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Halo MCC Sign-In Failed Too Many Attempts (No attempts were made though): Halo MCC is not letting me sign-in, claiming I've tried too many times when today was the first time I've opened it in at least several months. How do I get it to let me sign-in to my own account...
  7. Locked out of my account, too many password attempts. Account recovery form always fails as...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Locked out of my account, too many password attempts. Account recovery form always fails as...: It's linked to my Xbox account of over 15 years. I dont care too much for the actual email account itself, I just want to have access to my xbox account as its got all my data and i am still...
  8. I cannot get into minecraft as the message says there are too many devices. That is incorrect.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot get into minecraft as the message says there are too many devices. That is incorrect.: My minecraft account is frozen saying that there are too many devices and I cannot use the Microsoft store for download or playing. I don't have 10 devices on the account....
  9. How can I bypass the ‘too many attempts’ trying to change an Xbox to ‘home xbox’? I need to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I bypass the ‘too many attempts’ trying to change an Xbox to ‘home xbox’? I need to...: How can I bypass the ‘too many attempts’ trying to change an Xbox to ‘home xbox’? I need to be able to share my gamepass with my second xbox. Any help would be great!! TIA!!...
  10. Xbox App on Windows 10 - Starfield Won't Launch after a message about too many devices,

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App on Windows 10 - Starfield Won't Launch after a message about too many devices,: I have a total of 7 devices associated with my Windows account after removing some old ones. I have other games on Gamepass I can play from the Xbox App. All drivers and windows files are up to...