Watching videos off an external hardrive

Discus and support Watching videos off an external hardrive in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I spend probably every night watching tv shows/movies off of my external hardrive via my xbox 360. Now I have the xbox one and can't figure out how... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TomFrase, Jan 1, 2014.

1. TomFrase
    TomFrase Guest

Hi, I spend probably every night watching tv shows/movies off of my external hardrive via my xbox 360. Now I have the xbox one and can't figure out how to do this. Is there a way? Will there be a way? If so, how long must I endure this agony?

:)

TomFrase, Jan 1, 2014
  2. External hardrive

Hi im thinking off getting a external hardrive for my xbox one my question is will i be able to load my games from disc onto the external hardrive or is it for downloads only

DemonHunter1978, Jan 1, 2014
  3. My xbox turns on the off

My xbox one worked perfectly with my external hardrive. This morning though I turned it on and it just kept turning off after the xbox logo was brought up. I have it plugged directly into an outlet if I unplug my external hard I've it will work. But I have
    half of my games on my external harddrivem it worked before this morning perfectly and now every time I plug it in it just shuts off and won't fully start unless I unplug my external hardrive.

IMAsmackdatbaby, Jan 1, 2014
  4. Watching videos off an external hardrive

there isn't a way to do it yet.

SGT MacMillan, Jan 1, 2014
  5. Whagi
    Whagi Guest
    I think this will be an addition in a future update. Or at least I hope so. Being on a Mac, does not allow for easy streaming of music and Videos to the Xbox One for me.

Whagi, Oct 31, 2018
  6. Whagi Win User

I think this will be an addition in a future update. Or at least I hope so. Being on a Mac, does not allow for easy streaming of music and Videos to the Xbox One for me.
  7. SGT MacMillan Win User

there isn't a way to do it yet.
  8. DoG Dragonslit Win User

Random live disconnection

if you have an external hardrive try taking that off then starting it then turning it off and replacing the drive. it fixed mine last night!
  9. Arthur Alexander Win User

Help

I wiped every thing and yes I tried to play a game off the external hardrive too
  10. bubbaXzone Win User

Getting new xbox 360 concern:

ok thanks I was thinking about transfering music or videos or pictures from PC. Is that do able?

the hardrive that comes with the 500 gb xbox 360 is that inside or attachable?

cause i have a external hardrive that holds 30 gb that i connected to my old xbox 360. Can that connect to new xbox 360?

how would you move the 500 gb hardrive to a new console i assume its inside?

assuming i get red ring of death.

I think the best thing to do then is get games on the 500 gb part and use external for game saves?

assuming i can attache the 30 gb hardrive to new console.
Thema:

1. Watching videos off an external hardrive - Similar Threads - Watching videos off

2. Why can I not watch an hdr YouTube video at 4k on my Xbox 1 S?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can I not watch an hdr YouTube video at 4k on my Xbox 1 S?: I recently got a 4k tv and have been using it with my xbox 1 S and I was wanted to watch some hdr video on it. I noticed that on youtube, I can't select an hdr video resolution of more than 1440p....
  3. YouTube: video paused. Continue watching?

in XBoX on Windows
    YouTube: video paused. Continue watching?: Auto paused There is a turn off switch fore this problem! 2d5bde38-ab67-4a18-bd84-27c3e0d6fa99
  4. Watching a video, movie, or series while playing a game

in XboX Insiders
    Watching a video, movie, or series while playing a game: Hello, I wanted to suggest that it would be a great idea if we could have the ability to have a youtube video or a series from hbo max play in a small rectangle on top right of the screen for...
  5. Xbox clips should have the voice commutation so the video clips can be more enjoyable to watch

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox clips should have the voice commutation so the video clips can be more enjoyable to watch: . submitted by /u/Shoddy_Shallot_3672 [link] [comments]
  6. I can never watch any movie from the Xbox video app

in XboX Insiders
    I can never watch any movie from the Xbox video app: Every time I try to rent a movie from them they always buffer to the point that the movie stops, an error occurs and then I have to restart the movie. submitted by /u/KIRBYTIME [link] [comments]
  7. Watch video apps while playing, via pop-up.

in XboX Insiders
    Watch video apps while playing, via pop-up.: Watch video apps while playing, via pop-up, What do you think of this idea? submitted by /u/DramaticBasket5 [link] [comments]
  8. Green tint when I choose a video to watch on Youtube since Alpha skip update:...

in XboX Insiders
    Green tint when I choose a video to watch on Youtube since Alpha skip update:...: [IMG] submitted by /u/Pfunk1223 [link] [comments]
  9. I'm trying to watch Star Wars 4k blu Ray and keep getting video flickering.

in XboX Insiders
    I'm trying to watch Star Wars 4k blu Ray and keep getting video flickering.: I was trying to watch Star Wars today and while using the 4k blu ray, it keeps having handshake errors which causes flickering. I get a HDR10 message and temporary black screen on my tv every 3 to...
  10. While using xbox game streaming, is there a way to watch One-guide/Netflix/Amazon video etc.?

in XboX Insiders
    While using xbox game streaming, is there a way to watch One-guide/Netflix/Amazon video etc.?: As mentioned in the title, is there a way to be able to use One-guide or other streaming services while I'm using the game streaming app on my phone? I'm hugely interested in the prospect of game...