Watching Live TV with Projector Issue

Discus and support Watching Live TV with Projector Issue in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Ok I can and have set my xbox one up for live TV and it has worked until i turn my system off. When I turn the system back on an go to the TV app I get... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by D U UP 22, Dec 31, 2013.

1. D U UP 22
    D U UP 22 Guest

Ok I can and have set my xbox one up for live TV and it has worked until i turn my system off. When I turn the system back on an go to the TV app I get a black screen on it says that my cable box is not connected, but it is. Now when setting up devices via
    Settings, then TV & One guide there is not a option for my projector. My projector is an Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 8350 now the only projector under Epson that is even remotely close is the 7350, but I think the projector is 10 yrs older than the 8350. I
    just want to know why I'm having these simply issues with an $3,000 plus home theater system & a $500 plus Xbox One. Please help. Thanks

:)

D U UP 22, Dec 31, 2013
  2. RobinMolnar
    RobinMolnar Guest
    Gamma correction for composite video?

Hello,

I don't own a TV, as there's really nothing worth watching anyway, but I'm using some pico-projector and a suitable projector screen with my XBox 360 + Kinect.

However, since the
    pico-projector
    is, well, pico (small) and only having a brightness of about ten lumen, I could use some gamma correction that does not seems to be there for composite video (the projector itself does not have HDMI) settings.

So, is there a way to unlock or otherwise access some gamma correction settings?

Fable The Journey and Star Wars are among the games that I could use more brightness with.

Thanks,

Robin

RobinMolnar, Dec 31, 2013
  3. connecting to a projector

Have you checked the description of the converter to see if it's compatible with the projector as some will stipulate they don't work with certain devices like laptops, projectors and some video cards on PC etc.

Really though, if you're using a converter I would suggest looking into a new projector as I used a converter for my PC to TV and while the picture quality was bearable for watching TV shows, I could never game on it knowing what I was missing out on, haha.

DigitalAssassin, Dec 31, 2013
  4. Watching Live TV with Projector Issue

D U UP 22,

Try power cycling your console by holding the console power button (while it is on) for 8 seconds until it turns off, then wait 30 seconds, then turn it back on and this should resolve the issue. Xbox Staff are currently aware that there is an HDCP issue.
    Power cycling resets the network card which re-establishes the HDCP connection. Let us know if this works for you.

eG x Thee Elf, Dec 31, 2013
  5. eG x Thee Elf Win User

D U UP 22,

Try power cycling your console by holding the console power button (while it is on) for 8 seconds until it turns off, then wait 30 seconds, then turn it back on and this should resolve the issue. Xbox Staff are currently aware that there is an HDCP issue.
    Power cycling resets the network card which re-establishes the HDCP connection. Let us know if this works for you.
  6. KayKay Lavan Win User

Xbox One S doesn't recognise 4K compatibility on a 4K projector

Finally, I took my Xbox one s to my friend's house and connected it to a 4K OLED TV. And I can see the 4K and HDR signals working fine. I used the same HDMI cable that was connected to the 4K projector. But when connected back to the projector and selected
    the option Allow 4K I see the message the TV doesn't support 4K. But Allow HDR is fine on the Projector. I don't know where the issue is. The projector seems to work fine with Apple TV 4K, Firestick 4K and nVidia Shield TV with 4K HDR signals. The issue seems
    to be with the Xbox the way its detecting the signal on the TV.
  7. DigitalAssassin Win User

connecting to a projector

Have you checked the description of the converter to see if it's compatible with the projector as some will stipulate they don't work with certain devices like laptops, projectors and some video cards on PC etc.

Really though, if you're using a converter I would suggest looking into a new projector as I used a converter for my PC to TV and while the picture quality was bearable for watching TV shows, I could never game on it knowing what I was missing out on, haha.
  8. DeltaBuc7 Win User

How to extend kinect 2.0 cable

Just curious what your response adds to the conversation? You say why a projector? One day down the road when you can afford something more would you stick with a 40" screen or a dedicated theater room? Here's another question. Would you rather watch a
    movie/play a game in a 40" tv or on a 120" with a 4k projector and 7.1 surround?

I am perfectly fine with my 4k projector and 120" screen.
  9. LEATHERFACE24 Win User

Still no Dolby Atmos for my Onkyo TX NR797

If you're not using a 4k tv or projector, that does create issues as only some apps and such encode atmos in 4k displays...
Thema:

1. Watching Live TV with Projector Issue - Similar Threads - Watching Live Projector

2. Does Xbox live still working in Pakistan I want to play online games and watch YouTube

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does Xbox live still working in Pakistan I want to play online games and watch YouTube: Does xbo live still working in Pakistan I want to play online games and watch YouTube 9a5920fc-2b8c-4d5e-a254-15baa7738315
  3. Can I watch apps like netflix and youtube without an xbox live subscription

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I watch apps like netflix and youtube without an xbox live subscription: Can I watch apps like netflix and youtube without an xbox live subscription f798acd5-2bc3-44bd-8564-5ded28d433c7
  4. Problem with flashing black screen when I’m useing the OneGuide app to watch live tv this...

in XboX Insiders
    Problem with flashing black screen when I’m useing the OneGuide app to watch live tv this...: I have started noticing an issue with the One guide app when I go to launch the app and when I Try to watch live tv. over the last few days the flashing black screen has been occurring more and...
  5. Problem with flashing black screen when useing the One Guide app to watch live tv

in XboX Insiders
    Problem with flashing black screen when useing the One Guide app to watch live tv: I have noticed to when I go to where it says my games and apps on the homescreen dashboard. and on the next page where it says apps then when I scrolled down through the tiles that have all the...
  6. Trying to watch Live TV but I don't have an entertainment tab

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to watch Live TV but I don't have an entertainment tab: Everything says to go to the Entertainment tab and select live tv but I don't have an entertainment tab. My options at the top of the screen are Home Mixer Community Game Pass Store. Every picture...
  7. everytime i try to play a game or watch youtube my x-box live disconnects

in XBoX Accessibility
    everytime i try to play a game or watch youtube my x-box live disconnects: everytime i try to play a game or watch youtube, netflicks ect…. my x-box live disconnects then reconnects. I tried restarting the x-box and I reset my router. still the same problem....
  8. LIVE TV SOCCER@@>WATCH Levante vs Barcelona Live Stream Free

in XBoX on Consoles
    LIVE TV SOCCER@@>WATCH Levante vs Barcelona Live Stream Free: Levante vs Barcelona live stream Free. This is a big game, Levante vs Barcelona on Sunday May 13, 2018 via their live streaming service Today. Click Here : Levante vs Barcelona Click Here :...
  9. LIVE TV SOCCER@@>WATCH Levante vs Barcelona Live Stream Free

in XBoX on Consoles
    LIVE TV SOCCER@@>WATCH Levante vs Barcelona Live Stream Free: Levante vs Barcelona live stream Free. This is a big game, Levante vs Barcelona on Sunday May 13, 2018 via their live streaming service Today. Click Here : Levante vs Barcelona Click Here :...
  10. !!**N-B-A**(Watch/Live)(™)!!LA Lakers vs Brooklyn Nets Live Stream NBA Online

in XBoX on Consoles
    !!**N-B-A**(Watch/Live)(™)!!LA Lakers vs Brooklyn Nets Live Stream NBA Online: !!**N-B-A**(Watch/Live)(™)!!LA Lakers vs Brooklyn Nets Live Stream NBA Online !!**N-B-A**(Watch/Live)(™)!!LA Lakers vs Brooklyn Nets Live Stream NBA Online Watch LA Lakers vs Brooklyn Nets Live...