Was my GTA online info affected by purchasing GTA after originally gamesharing it?

Discus and support Was my GTA online info affected by purchasing GTA after originally gamesharing it? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So, I bought an series s a few months ago, and did not have plans to purchase a lot of games or gold as I didn’t plan to use it much. I ended up having... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Bernard Klinc, May 12, 2023.

1. Was my GTA online info affected by purchasing GTA after originally gamesharing it?

So, I bought an series s a few months ago, and did not have plans to purchase a lot of games or gold as I didn’t plan to use it much. I ended up having a friend who gave me his gameshare for gold and gta. I used my one time transfer of my PS4 characters on to the series S enhanced edition with no issues. Fast forward to the present, my friend stopped gamesharing with me so I had to purchase my own gold and gta. When I hopped on, my GTA characters were no where to be found, which should not be an issue because it’s technically cloud based and now tied to my Xbox account instead of ps4 account. I am wondering if playing it while gamesharing first may have somehow tied it to my friends gta, and not mine, or because I used his Gold and now bought mine, that somehow affected licensing possibly? I am really confused and I’d like to know how to fix this as I won’t be able to use his game share if the case is that I MUST use his copy. Thank you. EDIT: I REALIZED THAT I BOUGHT THE FULL GTA WHEREAS I BELIEVE I PLAYED ON THE ONLINE VERSION. I THINK THE FIX IS ME DOWNLOADING THE ONLINE ONLY VERSION AND IT MIGHT FIX IT. PLEASE REPLY IF YOU COULD!

:)

Bernard Klinc, May 12, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Was my GTA online info affected by purchasing GTA after originally gamesharing it?

Hello Bernard Klinc,

Thank you for sharing your concern here in Xbox Community Forum and we hope that all is well.

It appears that issue rooted when you played the game through game sharing with your friend. Let us check and see on what we can do to help.

The issue you are describing here appears to be game specific issue and best address to the game developer support team. Let us help you how to get there.

To submit a ticket to the game developer support team, click on the link below. Select the version of the game you are playing and choose the particular topic that you need help with.

We will be closing this thread as this will be addressed by the dedicated support team. If you have other concern related to Xbox products and services in the future, feel free to create a new topic to discuss and we are here to help.

Thank you for choosing Microsoft. Stay safe!

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Tezzarrific Win User

Why can't I play gta online with gta5 game disc?

gta online for series x is different to the gta 5 online for xbox one that it originally came out on. there is an updated version on series console for online only, not sure if you need to purchase this version.
  4. Lofty Who Win User

GTA online/tutorial broken?

5. iAshHD Win User

Are you getting this day one?

[quote user="Jester3090"]

SP for the first few weeks. Got to learn the map and experience all the game has to offfer. besides GTA Online won't be available until Oct 1st, but don't worry, GTA Online is available free to everyone who has purchased a copy of the game!)

[/quote]

In the future, Rockstar WILL monetise GTA Online, you have my word.

Firstly, in this-gen, it will likely be in the way of Micro-transactions and DLC, but in the future, I think each GTA game and GTA Online will be entirely separate purchases.
  6. Claptrap NL Win User

Shark cash cards

Thema:

1. Was my GTA online info affected by purchasing GTA after originally gamesharing it? - Similar Threads - Was GTA online

2. All my gta online progress has disappeared since gta v left the game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    All my gta online progress has disappeared since gta v left the game pass: I am back to where I was before I started playing it on the game pass ee726d8f-8e03-43ea-8656-e6f78f6c55f2
  3. GTA online. Let’s play! I need friends. lol

in XboX Insiders
    GTA online. Let’s play! I need friends. lol: Do it submitted by /u/Ok-Report-6784 [link] [comments]
  4. I asked the gamepass ultimate to play gta 5 online if I have the gamepass console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I asked the gamepass ultimate to play gta 5 online if I have the gamepass console: Hello why when I want to play gta5 online asks me to have the gamepass ultimate if I already have the gamepass console does not let me access gta online d4b8c623-b69a-4c0f-b618-4fa777756e67
  5. Can I play online on gta V premium edition in Xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I play online on gta V premium edition in Xbox one: Can I play online on gta V premium edition in Xbox one eb877d1a-f8d4-43ff-8730-5defbdbb6fe2
  6. Why did GTA Online (X/S) stop working today?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why did GTA Online (X/S) stop working today?: After having to downgrade back to the original Xbox one, I was still able to play the X/S version of GTA Online through Cloud Gaming. I woke up today and got a message upon launching the game...
  7. My GTA 5 disc stolen so trying to figure out how I can access my GTA online account that...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My GTA 5 disc stolen so trying to figure out how I can access my GTA online account that...: My GTA 5 disc stolen so trying to figure out how I can access my GTA online account that includes all of my game purchases and current money? 6d9cc76f-8708-4bcc-b72a-ed847c16deea
  8. Where do I upload this footage I took of 2 people cheating in GTA online

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Where do I upload this footage I took of 2 people cheating in GTA online: For the first time I managed to get footage of 2 cheaters in GTA online. They are using God mode and I was wondering where to send the footage to make sure they are punished or something. It's the...
  9. GTA online cross platform issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    GTA online cross platform issue: I have an Xbox one with GTA bought from the store. My son has recently got an Xbox series X and bought the X series version of the game. All his friends have the original version and he says they...
  10. is gta online not playable for xbox s; i saw a few editions that looked like it didn’t...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    is gta online not playable for xbox s; i saw a few editions that looked like it didn’t...: “not playable on this device” gta online was the main reason i had got an xbox but now its more so worrisome if i pay for it and it wouldn’t let me play. if theres something wrong or a different...