Warranty for Xbox One S Controller that Comes with Console

Discus and support Warranty for Xbox One S Controller that Comes with Console in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I read on Reddit that controllers that come with a console are covered under its 1-year warranty. When I check my controller's warranty status with its... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ScottB_526, May 23, 2020.

1. ScottB_526
    ScottB_526 Guest

I read on Reddit that controllers that come with a console are covered under its 1-year warranty. When I check my controller's warranty status with its serial number, I'm told that it is no longer under warranty. My console is apparently not under warranty
    either, even though I purchased it less than a year ago. My main issue is that the A button sticks sometimes and the right analog stick drifts. I just need to verify what I saw on Reddit and figure out how I can get this resolved since the virtual assistant
    doesn't help and I can't call for this issue. From the US

:)

ScottB_526, May 23, 2020
  2. Tezzarrific Win User

if your in the uk they all have 1 year warranty from the date of purchase, contact support and make sure you have your purchase date to hand, if they try anything state you will call trading standards as its the law they provide a full year warranty.
  3. coleberndt Win User

Xbox Series S Controller

Noted, thank you I will do that. How long is the warranty on the controller that comes with the xbox series s?
  4. Internet Expert Win User

controller and warranty issues..

When you buy an Xbox One console, the console itself comes with a
    one year warranty.

Included accessories such as the chat headset and controller each come with a
    90-day warranty.

Both warranties start from the date of purchase. This is outlined in the
    product warranty page
    . Unfortunately at this point in time, your only option is a new controller replacement.

It's probably not what you want to hear, but I hope this clears things up for you.
  5. GoGoActionTeam Win User

2 year warranty fraudulent

An xbox 360 s comes with a one year warranty starting on the date of purchase. Its possible to purchase extended warranties from either microsoft or the place of purchase. To have purchased one from microsoft, you would have had to have already registered
    your console and paid around 50$. This link might provide more insight into the warranty and its policies.

support.xbox.com/.../xbox-360-s-new-warranty
  6. StriborKam Win User

Xbox Controller

Xbox controller I am talking about is the one that comes with xbox s console
Thema:

1. Warranty for Xbox One S Controller that Comes with Console - Similar Threads - Warranty Controller Comes

2. Replacement Controller - Warranty Expired on Delivery

in XBoX on Consoles
    Replacement Controller - Warranty Expired on Delivery: I had a Xbox Series Elite 2 Wireless which had lapsed warranty expiration, which had some button response issues. I raised a request for replacement through my account, and paid the $130+ dollars...
  3. Xbox controller purchased in EU shows only 1 year of warranty instead of 2.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller purchased in EU shows only 1 year of warranty instead of 2.: I have purchased Xbox controller through https://xboxdesignlab.xbox.com site in EU. After registering the device, it shows only 1 year of warranty instead of 2. How to update the warranty...
  4. I have sent my controller back for a repair/exchange under warranty but had no update?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have sent my controller back for a repair/exchange under warranty but had no update?: I sent my controller via UPS with the label I was provided under warranty from microsoft, I have checked the progress of the controller and on UPS it says it was delivered on the 5th, but I have...
  5. Series X Controller having stick drift issues. Warranty shows being expired before the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Controller having stick drift issues. Warranty shows being expired before the...: So last August (08 2023) I signed up for a Gamepass Ultimate Subscription (2 years) under the All Access subscription to get a Series X console. Anyways everything has been great until this past...
  6. What happens to the RMA/warranty process when a new controller comes out?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What happens to the RMA/warranty process when a new controller comes out?: I currently own an Xbox Wireless controller (model 1914 (Series)), and it's having drift on its right thumbstick. I was wondering if it would be wise to hold off on a warranty replacement until...
  7. I've sent my Elite 2 off to warranty twice, now my controller is even worse!

in XBoX on Consoles
    I've sent my Elite 2 off to warranty twice, now my controller is even worse!: Hi, I sent my Elite 2 (fairly new, I didn't think to check warranty initially) off for a warranty fix. I was getting double input on the A and Y button, every now and then LB would double input....
  8. I have returned a controller for warranty work, it is no longer showing on my items list as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have returned a controller for warranty work, it is no longer showing on my items list as...: I have gone through the bot and the website, called multiple numbers and still can’t get anywhere closer. This was a Christmas gift for my daughter and hasn’t worked out of the box. I returned it...
  9. How do I fix stick drift on my xbox series s controller out of warranty.

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix stick drift on my xbox series s controller out of warranty.: My xbox is out of warranty and I didn't know until now that I can do something about it. My controller has stick drift and is difficult to play games like warzone, Fortnite, Forza etc. What do I...
  10. Brand New Xbox controller warranty expired before purchased.

in XBoX on Windows
    Brand New Xbox controller warranty expired before purchased.: I recently received a brand new Xbox series S for Christmas last month. However, when I went to register the console and controller into my Microsoft account it said that the controller warranty...