WARNING - Just a quick FYI to Microsoft

Discus and support WARNING - Just a quick FYI to Microsoft in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey everyone, It's kind of funny but it's kind of not. I can laugh it off because it happened to me and if iyt happened to one of my kids I would... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Glannigan, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Glannigan
    Glannigan Guest

Hey everyone,

It's kind of funny but it's kind of not. I can laugh it off because it happened to me and if iyt happened to one of my kids I would probably not have believed them.

While playing, With a cable powering the controller - Think it's my Samsung phone charger cable. As a matter of fact it is. Also, while wearing a sweater lol (Static electricity).

I held the controller with my middle finger on top next to where the charger is plugged in and with my thumb to the roght side of the connected chat thingy on the bottom half of the controller and i got LIT UP!

Not enough to make me convulse or pee myself but enough to come here and let everyone know, holy sheet, I just got completely shocked! It was a real shock, not just a tiny little thing. It was enough to get my heart pumping and fling the controller away.

Anyway, It hasn't happened since but again, it was worthy of coming here and sharing the info.

:)

Glannigan, Jan 4, 2014
  2. Eggnogga
    Eggnogga Guest
    Transfer Xbox One Saves to PC and PC Saves to Xbox One

FYI -- Doing this could result in your Xbox Live account being banned. (Don't shoot the messenger, just warning what could happen.)

Eggnogga, Jan 4, 2014
  3. AintJaMama
    AintJaMama Guest
    Top Spin 4 game on demand doesnt work

Just an FYI if you haven't booted the game up yet. There is a small update (just received it this evening) that appears to correct the issue. Game works fine for me at the moment. Thanks to those who contacted Microsoft and 2k, and thanks to them for
    getting out a quick fix!

AintJaMama, Jan 4, 2014
  4. WARNING - Just a quick FYI to Microsoft

Actually, I got shocked as well plugging in the charge cable to the controller. So far it has only happened once.

DocHolliday 7, Jan 4, 2014
  5. Glannigan
    Glannigan Guest
    10 being a Stun Gun and 1 being the traditional old fashion land lines for phones.

I would have given this a 4 - On it's way to a 6 if I didn't get my hand off.

Glannigan, Jan 4, 2014
  6. You know, I think I saw on the Angry Joe show when he got his him making a comment about getting shocked (This was the one where he was setting it up and couldn't get it to acknowledge the controller). He didn't really make much of it, just commented and
    moved on.

ShadowRiver797, Jan 4, 2014
  7. jaspertodd
    jaspertodd Guest
    Wow....that's Shockingly scary, but in all seriousness is this happening with legit cables or just 2nd hand phone chargers? I have only been using throw away batteries seeing my Xbox day 1 edition couldn't even throw in a charge kit, so I haven't got around
    to buying one yet.

jaspertodd, Jan 4, 2014
  8. Stoyvensen
    Stoyvensen Guest

I'm happy your alive haha. That sucks!

Stoyvensen, Jan 4, 2014
  9. Glannigan
    Glannigan Guest
    I'm using a charger for a Samsung Galaxy (Not sure if its for a 3 or 4) cause were running TV through it so the batteries were lasting like 24-36 hours.

Glannigan, Jan 4, 2014
  10. I've not had this happen. I'm using the official charger.

Unreal Warfare, Jan 4, 2014
  11. Interesting... maybe it was just a large static shock. The power recharging the controller is DC voltage. Its not like you got shocked by a 120 volt house outlet. USB does not output that much power as well.

Customgamer18, Jan 4, 2014
  12. Official charger for both controllers and no issues here. I've even held the controller like that.

Major Keebler, Jan 4, 2014
  13. WARNING - Just a quick FYI to Microsoft

[quote user="jaspertodd"]
    Wow....that's Shockingly scary, but in all seriousness is this happening with legit cables or just 2nd hand phone chargers? I have only been using throw away batteries seeing my Xbox day 1 edition couldn't even throw in a charge kit, so I haven't got around
    to buying one yet.

[/quote] I got shocked with Microsoft's XO charging cable. When you plug it in, you'll notice some of the connector's metal doesn't seat all the way in, and is exposed. Think that's what I touched.

14. Monsterbishi
    Monsterbishi Guest
    You got shocked by 5 volts yet when I grab the terminals on my cars 12 volt 700CCA battery, even with the engine running - it does nothing.

I'd hazard you managed to get a static shock and were actually earthing out against the metal rather than it being the source.

Monsterbishi, Jan 4, 2014
  15. ^ LOL Yeah right!

Btw, I didn't say it hurt, but a shock is a shock. With kids in mind, it 'may' be a safety issue with the product.

Thema:

1. WARNING - Just a quick FYI to Microsoft - Similar Threads - WARNING quick FYI

2. Why do I get a warning message that I am offline on my Xbox series s when I try to play...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I get a warning message that I am offline on my Xbox series s when I try to play...: On my Xbox series s, I keep getting a warning message that I am currently offline whenever I try to begin a flight on Microsoft flight simulator. I was able to download the game with gamepass and...
  3. Orange warning sign in party chat and microphone problems

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Orange warning sign in party chat and microphone problems: I was talking to my friend yesterday and it was going great. There was an orange warning sign in the party, but I thought nothing of it. Suddenly, my microphone cut out for some time, then went...
  4. Is there a way to get rid of Xbox disc warning sign?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there a way to get rid of Xbox disc warning sign?: I have disc to all of my games but the disc warning sign is there Microsoft I have heard about this a lot Can you get rid of it ? Is there a way? 9fba447c-e1f7-4448-ad00-35191f3210bb
  5. How do I get rid of the disc warning sign

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I get rid of the disc warning sign: My Xbox has disc warning triangle sign on it even thought I own the games How do I get rid of it please I want to know a349f118-f4ee-41df-b3d5-bbc3289460e9
  6. Hacked by a hacker and now I'm permanently banned on Xbox without any warning and I'm only...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hacked by a hacker and now I'm permanently banned on Xbox without any warning and I'm only...: Is there a way I can maybe get my account back?I was in a party with sone people and one of them said how long did I wanna be banned for so I left them the next day I was permanently banned and...
  7. What do I need to do to be able to play my games when they have the triangle warning symbol?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What do I need to do to be able to play my games when they have the triangle warning symbol?: The disk is in but it won't play. a0e27dbe-39b0-409e-814b-2fb734558dce
  8. My Xbox fan isn’t working and I keep getting an over heat warning and it closes me out of...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox fan isn’t working and I keep getting an over heat warning and it closes me out of...: As I said in the question box 949c3847-a548-4313-a1bf-4303c0b671a8
  9. Warning symbol on game pass games

in XboX Insiders
    Warning symbol on game pass games: I recently noticed my Game Pass games are displaying a warning symbol next to them while I’m still subscribed to Game Pass only on my storage expansion card. Any game installed on my Xbox directly...
  10. warning ⚠️ on purchased games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    warning ⚠️ on purchased games: Before you ask, the games are not on gamepass. I purchased them fully. It's completely random games in my collection. Xbox series S. Has this been addressed yet? Every possible solution that...