[Warning] Commit to Xbox Insider or risk losing your Current Configuration and Captures if...

Discus and support [Warning] Commit to Xbox Insider or risk losing your Current Configuration and Captures if... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; This are personal experiences, not indicative of the all Insider experiences. This post is about the actual insider program user experience- it's not... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/madcapharry, Sep 17, 2022.

1. [Warning] Commit to Xbox Insider or risk losing your Current Configuration and Captures if...

This are personal experiences, not indicative of the all Insider experiences. This post is about the actual insider program user experience- it's not about one of their patches causing something. Just a user trying to use the program and following their instruction to worse results.

I joined up on Insider to get a Series and that didn't work. I stuck with it because I was enticed with testing features and so on. Today it has been the 2nd time, my One X gets reset to basically new after changing my opt settings in the Insider app.

What happened was, recently, I saw a flurry of system updates on my One, yet no discernible changes. These updates are not brief and usually numerous- which would be acceptable if something actually changed in the OS. Maybe the system boots up faster, idk, I don't watch the thing boot up.

Since I joined the program, for about a year now, I do not see the real benefit or gain (imo). In the Insider settings, it clearly states that you can leave at any time and keep the update they have you do. I do this. I immediately get booted offline, I can't return online, and I have to do a 4.6 GB update or else! "If seen that before ... They're about to to wipe my xbox after I helped them..."

Just like the first time, the system wipes all my screenshots on my console, ditches my wallpaper, resets all my settings and my HDR config, and brings to me to the page where I use the app to set up a new console. Unsolicited of all this. My game/app layouts were saved, everything else is factory. I am not one of the people who periodically sees their onboard, hard drive captures or even online captures get erased- Until I started with insider in 2021, I had the same captures since 2017, undisturbed. From the very first One games I played. It was nice.

Tread lightly with that program , if at all. I don't see the point and it would suck if other people are being inconvenienced b/c they want to try out some new features. This is precisely why I would not risk putting Insider on my Series X. I know where the restore / reset features are already.

submitted by /u/madcapharry
    [link] [comments]

/u/madcapharry, Sep 17, 2022
  2. Njal the Blue Win User

Transfer gamertag from one microsoft account to another

I'll add a little warning, you risk losing your Microsoft account if the current primary email address is one created via a Microsoft service like @live.com @hotmail.com outlook etc by changing emails.
  3. Bon3zz1001 Win User

WARNING Risk of losing unlocked content MP

4. Spoilord Win User

Cannot connect to Xbox Live

It says- "Connection Warning: You can connect to Xbox LIVE, but your current network configuration may limit your online experience. Select More Info for a description of the problem and how you can fix it."
  5. OldPepsiMan Win User

The Lord of the Keys

WARNING WARNING WARNING

Post dumb threads at your own risk. Riven will be watching.
  6. asenath7766 Win User

Xbox Insider Hub: Cannot opt out of Minecraft Beta for Windows 10

Thanks for the reply and for trying the solutions above. It seems that the issue is with the Xbox Insider Hub app which what you also observed. To get better assistance to opt out from the Xbox Insider Hub, I recommend that you get in touch with the Xbox
    Insider Hub Support. To start a chat session, follow the steps below:

Sign in to Insider Program forums.
    Click here

You may select Latest Xbox One Update Preview.

Click on Chat with Support.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post anytime.
    So no resolution? I just start another thread there for no resolution? You post a warning on your Insider Hub App that "do so at your own risk, you will lose the full version of Minecraft and will have to buy it again!"
Thema:

[Warning] Commit to Xbox Insider or risk losing your Current Configuration and Captures if...

1. [Warning] Commit to Xbox Insider or risk losing your Current Configuration and Captures if... - Similar Threads - Warning Commit Insider

2. Why do I get a warning message that I am offline on my Xbox series s when I try to play...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I get a warning message that I am offline on my Xbox series s when I try to play...: On my Xbox series s, I keep getting a warning message that I am currently offline whenever I try to begin a flight on Microsoft flight simulator. I was able to download the game with gamepass and...
  3. Orange warning sign in party chat and microphone problems

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Orange warning sign in party chat and microphone problems: I was talking to my friend yesterday and it was going great. There was an orange warning sign in the party, but I thought nothing of it. Suddenly, my microphone cut out for some time, then went...
  4. Is there a way to get rid of Xbox disc warning sign?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there a way to get rid of Xbox disc warning sign?: I have disc to all of my games but the disc warning sign is there Microsoft I have heard about this a lot Can you get rid of it ? Is there a way? 9fba447c-e1f7-4448-ad00-35191f3210bb
  5. How do I get rid of the disc warning sign

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I get rid of the disc warning sign: My Xbox has disc warning triangle sign on it even thought I own the games How do I get rid of it please I want to know a349f118-f4ee-41df-b3d5-bbc3289460e9
  6. Hacked by a hacker and now I'm permanently banned on Xbox without any warning and I'm only...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hacked by a hacker and now I'm permanently banned on Xbox without any warning and I'm only...: Is there a way I can maybe get my account back?I was in a party with sone people and one of them said how long did I wanna be banned for so I left them the next day I was permanently banned and...
  7. What do I need to do to be able to play my games when they have the triangle warning symbol?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What do I need to do to be able to play my games when they have the triangle warning symbol?: The disk is in but it won't play. a0e27dbe-39b0-409e-814b-2fb734558dce
  8. My Xbox fan isn’t working and I keep getting an over heat warning and it closes me out of...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox fan isn’t working and I keep getting an over heat warning and it closes me out of...: As I said in the question box 949c3847-a548-4313-a1bf-4303c0b671a8
  9. Warning symbol on game pass games

in XboX Insiders
    Warning symbol on game pass games: I recently noticed my Game Pass games are displaying a warning symbol next to them while I’m still subscribed to Game Pass only on my storage expansion card. Any game installed on my Xbox directly...
  10. warning ⚠️ on purchased games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    warning ⚠️ on purchased games: Before you ask, the games are not on gamepass. I purchased them fully. It's completely random games in my collection. Xbox series S. Has this been addressed yet? Every possible solution that...