Wanting to change email address on my account. (Without deleting original email)

Discus and support Wanting to change email address on my account. (Without deleting original email) in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Basically the title. I have had the same Xbox account since I was a kid which has always been under my dad’s email address. As I’m older now, I want to... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Admirable-String-619, May 23, 2024.

1. Wanting to change email address on my account. (Without deleting original email)

Basically the title. I have had the same Xbox account since I was a kid which has always been under my dad’s email address. As I’m older now, I want to be able to take control of the Xbox/Microsoft account myself, by setting my email as the primary email address associated with the account. My dad uses Hotmail, and I read if I take his account off Microsoft and put my own as the primary, it will affectively permanently delete his email address and everything in it. Is there a way to avoid deleting his email completely? Thx

submitted by /u/Admirable-String-619
    [link] [comments]

/u/Admirable-String-619, May 23, 2024
  2. steeledwand7664 Win User

Email address on childs profile

Keep this in mind if you are doing this because you originally used your email address and want to change it AND the email address is a MS server email (Hotmail, outlook, MSN, live) email address if you change it and remove that email from the account
    you will NO LONGER have access to that email it will be deleted from the system and you will not be able to get it back.
  3. Megan M23 Win User

Trying to change email address on Minecraft account

My daughter plays Minecraft under her brother's email address.

My son plays Minecraft under my email address.

Both children want to use their own email address without losing their profiles.

I don't understand how adding an alias will work. I don't want to delete my Microsoft account. I want to change the email associated with Minecraft only.
  4. Tezzerrific Win User

Email issues

the microsoft account is the email and xbox account, if your parents used their account to create your xbox account then they still own that account, changing the primary email and deleting their email address just basically means changed your parents email address and if they had used their original address to sign into other services across the net then you have just broken all of that.

as you changed the email address the email inbox will still belong to them and they will still receive emails.

you need to create your own account.
  5. (Jerald) Win User

X-Box Live and Microsoft Solitaire Collection

I changed email addresses from the original one that I used when I set up my Microsoft account to a new email address. I believe that I did change the alias to the new email address. I made the new email address the primary alias and the old email address the secondary. I will be deleting the account associated with the old email address soon and it will no longer be supported after I do that.

Thank you very much.
  6. andersonpassos Win User

Two gamertags on one email login?

To remove two emails in the same Microsoft account by separating them, the steps are generally:

Create a new Microsoft account with one of the email addresses you want to remove.

Sign in to the original account and find the account settings.

Find the option to add or remove email addresses and remove the email address you want to separate.

Transfer any important content or information from the original account to the new account, if necessary.

Close or delete the original account associated with the removed email address, if desired.

It's important to note that these steps may vary depending on the version of Microsoft and the configuration of your account.
Thema:

Wanting to change email address on my account. (Without deleting original email)

1. Wanting to change email address on my account. (Without deleting original email) - Similar Threads - Wanting change email

2. I want to buy palworld from German region then change it to my current one im gonna keep...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want to buy palworld from German region then change it to my current one im gonna keep...: Hi wo i want to buy this game "PALWORLD" FROM THE GERMANY REGION BECAUSE I HAVE SOME ACCOUNT BALANCE ON THE GERMANY REGION THEN CHANGE TO MY CURRENT REGION IM GONNA KEEP THE GAME AND BEING ABLE TO...
  3. I want to change my email on my account,

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want to change my email on my account,: I want to change my primary account email. (Lets call this account 1) My primary email is one I don't use anymore. (Email 1) I tried to add an email (email 2) as another "alias" so I could...
  4. I want to change my email on my account,

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want to change my email on my account,: I want to change my primary account email. (Lets call this account 1) My primary email is one I don't use anymore. (Email 1) I tried to add an email (email 2) as another "alias" so I could...
  5. I want to change what microsoft account my main email is linked to

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want to change what microsoft account my main email is linked to: I have a microsoft account I don't use and a microsoft account I do use, however, the microsoft account I do use is on the email I don't use and the microsoft account I don't use is on the email I...
  6. My account was hacked, changed password email everything, i want it back cannot hget any...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account was hacked, changed password email everything, i want it back cannot hget any...: do you guys know where can i talk to an actual human being about this? 4ced2614-785f-4639-b971-21eba2a4cd2d
  7. I want to change my Minecraft email.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want to change my Minecraft email.: Hi, i used to like having different emails for school and games, but it's getting hard to keep track of everything so I wanted to "merge" my accounts. I know that it's not possible, so I just want...
  8. My Xbox account is linked to a terminated email and I want to change it,is it possible?

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox account is linked to a terminated email and I want to change it,is it possible?: Alright so I want to change my terminated email from my Xbox account 7fe0ca95-6bc8-4fcc-8a1b-b82aee88a3a5
  9. I want to change my primary email on xbox to a different email without having to lose all...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want to change my primary email on xbox to a different email without having to lose all...: I want to swap my email that I use for Xbox to a different email.so how to it do that fc2648de-d72f-4c59-a784-8b9899e43ec6
  10. I want to change the email associated with my XBOX account only.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want to change the email associated with my XBOX account only.: My xbox account is on the same email that my mother uses for most of her things. I want to transfer my games, states, gamer score, xbox profile, and everything else associated with xbox, but i do...