Want to remove hotmail account from Microsoft account without permanently deleting the email.

Discus and support Want to remove hotmail account from Microsoft account without permanently deleting the email. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello! When I was younger, my mother made my Xbox account with her email, and now I would like the account to be in my new email in my name. Problem... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by SKY BLUE PINATA, Jun 29, 2022.

1. Want to remove hotmail account from Microsoft account without permanently deleting the email.

Hello!

When I was younger, my mother made my Xbox account with her email, and now I would like the account to be in my new email in my name. Problem is, she still uses the email that she signed me up with and I still use that Xbox account. I would like to know if anything bad would happen to either her Hotmail account or my Xbox account if I removed her email from the Microsoft account and added my own email as the primary alias. Would it delete her Hotmail account or would she still be able to send and receive emails as she has done for years? Thanks for the help y'all.

:)

SKY BLUE PINATA, Jun 29, 2022
  2. AridLizard Win User

Unlink Microsoft acc from Xbox account

as you have a Hotmail account it is impossible to unlink it from the Xbox account.

if you remove a Microsoft email address from an Xbox account it will permanently delete the email account
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Want to remove hotmail account from Microsoft account without permanently deleting the email.

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today

Sometimes when you delete a Microsoft account domain, you can use it again when creating a new account. But that doesn't happen always.

When you delete their email, everything will be deleted, inbox and sent emails.

You can add a new alias to you account, but is not allowed a Microsoft domain (@outlook.com, etc) due to all Microsoft domain emails are linked to one Microsoft account.

So, basically is not possible to transfer content/progress/information between accounts.

If you have further questions feel free to ask, greetings from another Microsoft user!
  4. Tezzerrific Win User

you mother will have to share the games with you and you will have to create a brand new account, the microsoft account IS the email account IS the xbox account etc etc. nothing can be transferred.
  5. AridLizard Win User

Transfer my Xbox Live account to another email address.

if the email address is a Microsoft email (eg; @Outlook, @Live, @Hotmail) then it is important that you do not remove it from the Xbox account after adding an alias and promoting that to the primary email.

removing a Microsoft email address from an Xbox account permanently deletes the email account and it will no longer be accessible along with anything else that uses that email (eg; Office365)
  6. AridLizard Win User

Account set up

if your email address is a Microsoft email (@hotmail, @live, @outlook) then you wont be able to remove your account from the Xbox account.

removing Microsoft email accounts from Xbox accounts permanently deletes the email account and you will no longer be able to access it

all you can do is add an alias email address then promote that to be the main email address.
Thema:

1. Want to remove hotmail account from Microsoft account without permanently deleting the email. - Similar Threads - remove hotmail account

2. is using a laptop with it's battery removed, and using the adapter instead safe?

in XBoX on Windows
    is using a laptop with it's battery removed, and using the adapter instead safe?: hi there, i own a asus tuf gaming laptop, and recently it's battery died. I have removed the battery, but i didn't replace it. i am using my laptop's charger to use my laptop. so far it has run...
  3. How to remove black dust marks from Series S

in XboX Insiders
    How to remove black dust marks from Series S: So I am cleaning my series S a few minutes ago and there's like a black dust smudge that I can't seem remove. God knows where it came from. I tried cleaning it off with wet wipes and alcohol and...
  4. how do i remove a edge virus

in XBoX on Windows
    how do i remove a edge virus: pretty much everytime i click on something on my xbox’s microsoft edge i get taken to a tab called nossairt or waisheph which shows me some sort of add and makes it impossible to use the edge...
  5. How to Remove an Account From a Non-Working Xbox?

in XboX Insiders
    How to Remove an Account From a Non-Working Xbox?: So I just bought a used Xbox One X from Amazon it worked the First Day I managed to make an account and download some free games but the next day it wouldn’t connect so I’m going to return it but...
  6. Ban [mod removed] he said he was gonna kill me irl and cussing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ban [mod removed] he said he was gonna kill me irl and cussing: Ban [mod removed] he is cussing and talking about killing 6ca2dd2b-697f-46ad-b968-8bc8e2ec7283
  7. Removing an item from the xbox store

in XBoX Accessibility
    Removing an item from the xbox store: I work with a partner who developed an item they are selling on the xbox store. They have since closed their company and wish to remove the item from the store. Unfortunately they no longer have...
  8. [mod removed] bad him for cheating in the game and laugua at people

in XBoX on Consoles
    [mod removed] bad him for cheating in the game and laugua at people: [mod removed] bad him for cheating in the game and laugua at people ea0a06d0-3ab1-4ba8-a976-9ff1bd8985e7
  9. [Mod removed]

in XBoX on Windows
    [Mod removed]: the service sent my Xbox to the wrong address. Ups tracking number [mod removed] Do I have to search?? This is very infuriating. aa44f982-f834-4eb0-bcec-95dd95d0ba5b
  10. I had gameshared with a friend earlier today and my own Xbox got removed from home when It...

in XBoX on Windows
    I had gameshared with a friend earlier today and my own Xbox got removed from home when It...: So I've been dealing with my Xbox having a constant removal on my home on my Xbox whenever I game share with my two friends and it keeps on removing itself when it's activated and just bugs the...