Want a gamer tag that's taken, account appears inactive

Discus and support Want a gamer tag that's taken, account appears inactive in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; so I know wow takes names away from accounts that have been inactive for so long, does Xbox do that too? There is a gamer tag I want, but it's taken.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by kyle snyder, May 8, 2016.

1. kyle snyder
    kyle snyder Guest

so I know wow takes names away from accounts that have been inactive for so long, does Xbox do that too? There is a gamer tag I want, but it's taken. Account seems inactive, following one person, no gamer score, no captures, no achievements. Nothing. I sent
    them a message too but i know I won't here back. How about a friendly forced name change and let me have the name?

:)

kyle snyder, May 8, 2016
  2. muggy_love
    muggy_love Guest
    Guys & Girls, do the community a SOLID and vote for inactive/banned gamer tags to be recycled!

Lets be real. Nothing last forever, not even us. So why make a gamer tag attached to someone permanently? There are probably some really awesome gamer tags like "Master Chief" where the person is no longer with us(dead) or inactive and chooses to never return to xbox live. Gamer tags that are inactive should be recycled so another person or new generation of gamer can honor it and keep the gamer tag active.
    There should be an option to petition for a GT that meets certain conditions. 1) no online activity for 3 years; 2) An email that goes out to the individual with the option to reply with a yay or nay to allow xbox to break the connection worth the GT; 3) of no response to the email after 90 days, the GT is automatically surrendered and made available to the person who made the petition; 4) if the GT isn't taken within 7 days after notice has been made to the petitioner, it is available for anyone to grab. No fees, other than the cost to change the GT in the first place.
    Click this link to VOTE for inactive/banned Gamer Tags to be recycled! Xbox Ideas, powered by UserVoice

muggy_love, May 8, 2016
  3. Dockings
    Dockings Guest
    So, how many of you are 10 year Xbox Live gamers?

I started with the xboxlive beta with the headset and MotoGP disk, but I currently have a new different gamer tag due to my associated Hotmail account going inactive, due to not logging into email, and thus preventing me from renewing the live account. I had to create a new account while I went through the steps of recovery for the Hotmail address. Once recovered, I simply stayed with my new gamer tag... Now associated with the old Hotmail account. :-(

Dockings, May 8, 2016
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

There's no way to request a gamertag. The tag system is in use on other Microsoft services, so even if it's not being use for the Xbox, it could be in use elsewhere.

Smwutches, May 8, 2016
  5. kyle snyder
    kyle snyder Guest
    What other Microsoft services use the Xbox live gamer tag??

kyle snyder, May 8, 2016
  6. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest
    Xbox games for Windows outlook skype

ngocphi, May 8, 2016
  7. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest
    Windows phone can have a gamer tag but have 0 achievement if they don't play games and yes windows phones use gamer tags too

ngocphi, Oct 31, 2018
  8. ngocphi Win User

Windows phone can have a gamer tag but have 0 achievement if they don't play games and yes windows phones use gamer tags too
  9. ngocphi Win User

Xbox games for Windows outlook skype
  10. kyle snyder Win User

What other Microsoft services use the Xbox live gamer tag??
  11. Smwutches Win User

There's no way to request a gamertag. The tag system is in use on other Microsoft services, so even if it's not being use for the Xbox, it could be in use elsewhere.
  12. Texas 5 Oh Win User

Gamertag taken?

It may appear inactive on Xbox but there are many other services offered by Microsoft that the person may be using their account for and the gamer tag associated with it.
Thema:

1. Want a gamer tag that's taken, account appears inactive - Similar Threads - gamer tag that's

2. Gamer tag greyed out when try to sign on Xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamer tag greyed out when try to sign on Xbox live: I have a Xbox 360 when I try to sign in to play black ops 2 when I click xbox live for multiplayer the gamertag pops up and won't let me click on it cause its greyed out and also when I do sign...
  3. I have 2 gamer tags with the same email. I cannot get my old gamer tag to work. Please help

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have 2 gamer tags with the same email. I cannot get my old gamer tag to work. Please help: I have 2 gamer tags with the same email. How do I use my original db77b83e-9c0b-4428-9cdf-52b1308c73d0
  4. gamer tag change

in XBoX Accessibility
    gamer tag change: Hi all. I singed in my xbox account on one of the kids ipad to download a purchased item on Minecraft PE. Somehow they managed to change my gamertag from one I have had for 15+ years completely...
  5. Is it possible to migrate a 360 gamer tag to my new Microsoft account and still play my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it possible to migrate a 360 gamer tag to my new Microsoft account and still play my...: Hi guys, I have an old 360 account which is connected to my parents old email which he no longer has access too. On this account I have a number of purchased games I would like to access. I still...
  6. My gamer tag has reverted back to a very old account that I don’t use

in XBoX Accessibility
    My gamer tag has reverted back to a very old account that I don’t use: My Xbox account has reverted back to a very old gamer tag and can not get any one from Xbox or sort it out. Never buying another Xbox terrible support 95d20364-8e99-4d5b-a299-55587a0f3b31
  7. My xbox one gamer tag isn’t the same as my xbox 360 gamer tag. is there any way i can...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My xbox one gamer tag isn’t the same as my xbox 360 gamer tag. is there any way i can...: i recently changed my gamertag on the 360 and it didn’t change on the xbox one. how can i fix this or is there a way to fix it be8619c2-63f0-4010-bf06-22a87e06630c
  8. Why do Microsoft charge for changing a gamer tag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why do Microsoft charge for changing a gamer tag: the only benefit I see is greed by a big corporation absolutely scandalous there is no reason for this charge you should be allowed to change it once a year for free...
  9. My email address is on my son's xbox account (gamer tag); his email address has my xbox...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My email address is on my son's xbox account (gamer tag); his email address has my xbox...: Set up years ago when he was little... Let's say Dad's email is *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** and son's email is *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus...
  10. Change Gamer Tag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change Gamer Tag: I changed my gamer tag, and it shows in the upper left corner when I sign in, but when it displays my character in a game it still has the computer generated name showing. How do I change that?...