VRR not working if I switch to 1440p

Discus and support VRR not working if I switch to 1440p in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi i have lg 27 QN880 connected to Xbox series S and i was facing a strange issues, if I select Overides as Autodetect in Video fidelity settings in... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Bapiraju Mudunuri, Mar 21, 2023.

1. VRR not working if I switch to 1440p

Hi i have lg 27 QN880 connected to Xbox series S and i was facing a strange issues,

if I select Overides as Autodetect in Video fidelity settings in Xbox i am getting resolution of 1080 and 720 but not 1440p but if I switch to Override as Hdmi as now i am getting 1440p enabled but problem is vrr is disabled in hdmi

I have observed 1440is disabled but VRR is enabled in Auto mode

And

1400 is enabled but VRR is disabled in Hdmi mode.

I want to turn on both 1440p and VRR enabled and unfortunately it is not allowing me both and i also unsure why auto mode is not allowing 1440p .

Below are my monitor specs and also posted on reddit and got no help

https://www.reddit.com/r/XboxSeries...ndroidcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button

https://www.lg.com/in/monitors/lg-27qn880-b

With freesync option and amd website states the below range

Also my monitor specs says from amd website says that it can run vrr between 48 to 75 hz using hdmi

These are my monitor specs

Model:27QN880

FreeSync Tier:FreeSync

Manufacturer:LG Electronics

Size:27.0"

LCD Type:IPS

Resolution:2560x1440

Range:48-75 via DisplayPort 48-75 via HDMI

InterfaceVRR not working if I switch to 1440p :DisplayPort™, HDMI®

LFC:No

HDR:Yes

:)

Bapiraju Mudunuri, Mar 21, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello Bapiraju Mudunuri,

This is very well explained by Obsessive Power.

We'll leave this thread open for our other amazing and helpful volunteers and community members, just in case they have some insights or knowledge they want to impart. However, our team specifically will bow-out for now, since our findings is that this concern is beyond the reach of the community.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

This is what i got from AMD website and it supports VRR

Resolution:2560x1440

Range:48-75 via DisplayPort 48-75 via HDMI
    Then the timings are off and this seems consistent with the manual I found for this monitor.

[​IMG]

At 1440P resolution the refresh rate is 59.95, a refresh rate that the Xbox console doesn't support. Not an issue for a PC as PC graphics cards do not need to conform to specific refresh rates.

[​IMG]

In the HDMI timings, 1440P isn't mentioned for HDMI.
  4. Bapiraju Mudunuri Win User

5. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox only uses the official timings set by VESA. These are industry standards for the TV/entertainment industry. Of course, PCs do not have to conform to these timing standards. This is unlikely to change.

The issue here is that this monitor was marketed and sold for PC/Laptop use. I doubt anyone envisioned it being used on a console. The AMD Freesync look up website is largely there for PC gaming, not console gaming.
  6. SwordofWhedon Win User

You should call LG support and verify it supports VRR at 1440p on Xbox.

It's quite possible the electronics inside are not able to keep up with that resolution. The manual isn't clear on VRR abilities.
Thema:

1. VRR not working if I switch to 1440p - Similar Threads - VRR working switch

2. In LGC3 TV in Game Optimizer, should I use both VRR & GSync and AMD Free sync Premium pro...

in XBoX on Windows
    In LGC3 TV in Game Optimizer, should I use both VRR & GSync and AMD Free sync Premium pro...: I want to know the best options for Game Optimizer in LGC3 TV for Xbox Series X. 7bc900b0-be61-42d1-b480-cfed60c8a783
  3. Diagnosing intermittent flicker (Series X, not VRR issue)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Diagnosing intermittent flicker (Series X, not VRR issue): Hello, I'm posting in hopes of diagnosing the cause of an issue I've been having while gaming. Hopefully this doesn't come across as long winded, I'm just trying to be as thorough as possible in...
  4. Display problems with VRR variable refresh rate always on and freesync on my monitor at the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Display problems with VRR variable refresh rate always on and freesync on my monitor at the...: I have g story 15.6 inch Integrated Monitor for xbox series s 2k display that runs 4k @ 60hz and 1440p @144hz and 1080p @144hz (that is up to *hz) of course series s and x cap at 120hz but my...
  5. VRR GREYED OUT ON MY XBOX SERIES X

in XBoX on Consoles
    VRR GREYED OUT ON MY XBOX SERIES X: having issues with turning on the VRR on my gaming tv vizio v series 100% supports vrr matter fact i had it on last night but when i turned it on this morning it was greyd out! I still have the...
  6. Xbox Series X Audio Delay with VRR On?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Audio Delay with VRR On?: Recently purchased a TCL Series 6 55” TV and have my Xbox Series X hooked up to it. The TV supports FreeSync but I hadn’t known about the Variable Refresh Rate setting on the Xbox until today....
  7. 2K 120 FPS/VRR/XBOX SERIES X

in XBoX on Consoles
    2K 120 FPS/VRR/XBOX SERIES X: Hello community, i am a bit confused about 2k 120 fps and vrr things. If you could answer I will be very happy. Thanks in advance. 1- Are 2k 120 fps supported games trully 2k 120 fps or is it...
  8. VRR broken on Official Update 10.0.22621.3446

in XboX Insiders
    VRR broken on Official Update 10.0.22621.3446: 10.0.22621.3446 (xb_flt_2302ni.230208-1530) When loading into Warzone 2 the screen will just keep disconnecting and going black when I exit the game it's fine this needs to be fixed asap ....
  9. 1440p 120hz VRR doesn't work on my Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    1440p 120hz VRR doesn't work on my Xbox Series X: Hello. I've just got a new AOSIMAN 160QC monitor, it supports 2560x1600 resolution, 120hz refresh rate over HDMI and has FreeSync support. All those features perfectly work on my Windows 11 PC,...
  10. Please confirm if these monitors work at 1440p 120hz VRR Freesync

in XboX Insiders
    Please confirm if these monitors work at 1440p 120hz VRR Freesync: Having issues trying to see if anyone owns these monitors or has used them with Xbox One X at 1440p 120hz VRR Freesync. Can anyone confirm if the below monitors are supported? Acer XZ321QU Asus...