VOIP / in-game chat not broadcast when streaming through Xbox Broadcast app

Discus and support VOIP / in-game chat not broadcast when streaming through Xbox Broadcast app in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When streaming via the Xbox Broadcast app (onto Twitch) any in-game VOIP from other players is not picked up on the stream broadcast. I am NOT... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by 8 82, Jan 18, 2023.

1. 8 82
    8 82 Guest

When streaming via the Xbox Broadcast app (onto Twitch) any in-game VOIP from other players is not picked up on the stream broadcast. I am NOT referring to party chat.

Specifics of the problem:

• Playing DayZ on Xbox Series X (I assume it's the same for other games)
    • Broadcasting via Xbox to Twitch
    • In-game voice from other players is not picked up on stream
    This issue seriously hurts the Xbox broadcasting/streaming and content creation community, the same community that widely promotes Xbox and Xbox games.

Microsoft, can something be done about this issue?

:)

2. Lexrax_TBD Win User

Streaming

HI their,

The Twitch App for Xbox has a new feature: you now have the ability to broadcast your Party Chat.

To use this, enable the “Broadcast party chat” option in the
    Twitch app settings on Xbox.

Everyone in your party will have the option to allow/enable their voice to be heard by your broadcast/stream. Should they decline (DISABLE) , you’ll still be able to chat with them in your party, but they will not be heard
    on the Stream/broadcast.

Hope this helps.
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

Retransmisión de xbox one a móvil[Translation-Xbox one-to-mobile broadcast]

Hi Capitan,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums. We understand you have question on streaming. The stream or broadcast would go

through Mixer app
    . As for locally don't think it would as it going through Mixer.

Thanks,

Brad
  4. ​Jamie​ Win User

Twitch Streaming

When you stream through Xbox there is a setting in the twitch app to include party chat. But the party members have to allow their audio to be used. If you have “Party Chat” muted on the broadcast screen (it's in between “Microphone” and “Game”), or won't have the option to include audio.
  5. AustinM2 Win User

No In-Game chat while using Xbox Companion App

I stream using the OBS software and capture the Xbox Companion App. Regardless, if i were to attempt to use the app as intended to wirelessly stream the Xbox on my laptop, I am unable to hear the in-game chat of certain games. I do not know if this falls
    more on the shoulders of the game developers or is an issue with the Xbox and the Xbox Companion App.

If I were to utilize the Twitch app on the Xbox I experience issues with in-game chat as well. I have to set up a private party then re-enter game chat for it to work and the in-game chat is still not broadcasted to the twitch network. Party chat is broadcasted
    when others include their audio voluntarily, but there doesn’t seem to be a way for in-game chat to be given the same option.
  6. Christyna64 Win User

Game chat on Twitch

There is a setting that allows game chat and party chat to be heard in stream. I've seen it before, can't remember where it is but it's there. Should be in the twitch app or broadcast settings.
Thema:

1. VOIP / in-game chat not broadcast when streaming through Xbox Broadcast app - Similar Threads - VOIP game chat

2. When downloading games will disconnect the internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    When downloading games will disconnect the internet: While downloading a game my Xbox disconnects it’s self from the internet an stops downloading what’s it’s downloading help plz 2c6a3716-a900-4d4d-b193-298d8e67b3b0
  3. How do i fix “You to sign in to play this game”

in XBoX on Windows
    How do i fix “You to sign in to play this game”: I had started a game on my pc and the microsoft sign up thing popped up so i clicked my account and it and it acted like the game started but there was an error saying you need to sign in to play...
  4. Series Controller frequent disconnects when gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series Controller frequent disconnects when gaming: I'm not sure how unique my situation is but i'll try to be as detailed in explanation, as of today my pad keeps disconnecting when gaming, rarely or not what-ever if I leave my pad idle or just...
  5. My VoIP doesn’t work on the game DayZ and I cannot delete saved data

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My VoIP doesn’t work on the game DayZ and I cannot delete saved data: For some reason despite having a headset my VOIP isn’t enabled in dayZ I’m not sure if it’s an in game issue but I’ve also noticed I cannot delete the synced file to see whether it’s corrupt I can...
  6. Not able to speak in DayZ Voip

in XBoX on Consoles
    Not able to speak in DayZ Voip: I am unable to speak in my VOIP and have gone through all known fixes, these fixes include -removing all cords from back of xbox -removing all cords from back of gateway/router -hard resetting...
  7. Xbox one s Voip issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one s Voip issues: Hi all, I have an issue with two xbox one s' in the same house, I have them both working fine at the same time we just can't talk to each other using headsets while playing the same game...
  8. XBOX ONe - VOIP Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ONe - VOIP Issue: HI - My voip does not work It used to work fine CURRENT STATUS I can see the headset icon when I plug it in - it appears to be identifying I have headset But no one can hear me I can hear...
  9. : VOIP

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : VOIP: : VOIP Hi there I think you can set it up on the game to appear on both go through game settings and find out that way, Since you also mentioned it was BF5 only it might be the game settings...
  10. Add the ability to turn off VOIP completly

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Add the ability to turn off VOIP completly: Hi Please add the ability to turn off VOIP complelty in settings like in BF4 Thanks Shawn 66fd91db-0ca8-4273-82f8-5acda9af1901