Voice quality becomes undiscernible during party chat on XBox companion app on Windows 11

Discus and support Voice quality becomes undiscernible during party chat on XBox companion app on Windows 11 in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; Using the Xbox companion app on Windows 11, my voice quality in party chat becomes garbled. I tried three different headsets (wired and wireless) and I... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by ScottTarone, Sep 26, 2022.

1. ScottTarone
    ScottTarone Guest

Voice quality becomes undiscernible during party chat on XBox companion app on Windows 11

Using the Xbox companion app on Windows 11, my voice quality in party chat becomes garbled. I tried three different headsets (wired and wireless) and I experienced the issue with all three of them.

I downgraded to Windows 10 and the problem didn't happen. I then did a clean reinstall of Windows 11 and the problem started happening again.

I tried a headsets from Razer, Corsair, and Logitech

:)

ScottTarone, Sep 26, 2022
  2. ScottTarone Win User

I got the new Windows 11 update and an update to the XBox apo at the same time. My friends say my voice quality has been consistently better, though not as clear as it should be. It seems like when its only me and one friend on the chat, there is no quality problems, it only seems to happen when my other friends join.
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this ScottTarone

Have you tried to "Format" your Microphone in the sound settings for your input device?

Go to Windows Settings > Bluetooth & devices

Select Devices > Scroll down to Related settings and select Sound > Select your audio input device under Input.

In the next menu, you should see Format under Input settings. Select an audio format that's no higher than 48000 Hz (DVD Quality)

Try joining a party in the Game Bar or the Xbox app and check if the issue persists. If that doesn't work, try adjusting the audio format by repeating the steps above to verify if any other format works.

If the issue persists try this:

Open Xbox Game Bar > Go to Audio widget > Select the Voice

Change Windows default input to the headset or microphone you'd like to use.

Change Default communications input and output to the headset or microphone you'd like to use.

Scroll down to More Settings > Xbox Party Chat

Change Audio output and input to the headset or microphone you'd like to use.

Verify that push to talk is not enabled

Finally open the Xbox app

Click your profile icon at the top right corner of the page

Select Settings > Audio

Set your default Input device and output device to the headset or microphone you'd like to use.

Verify that push to talk is not enabled again

Please also double check if you have audio enhancements enabled, if yes disable it.

You can follow this quick tutorial:

https://www.intowindows.com/turn-on-or-off-audi...
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

5. ScottTarone Win User

Hello,

Thank you, I did set the default device, but I will try the audio format. I usually set things like that to their highest settings so I will see what I set it to.
  6. JoeCool7897 Win User

I am on Windows 10 and this issue recently started happening as well. I tried formatting the device audio format and that wasn’t even a setting I could change.
Thema:

1. Voice quality becomes undiscernible during party chat on XBox companion app on Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Voice quality becomes

2. When in a party or discord call in-game voice chat is completely disabled

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When in a party or discord call in-game voice chat is completely disabled: If I am in a party or discord call i not only am unable to hear anyone taking in game, but it doesn't even show me that people are talking. The second I leave the party/discord it goes back to...
  3. Why cant i hear my voice in my xbox clips?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant i hear my voice in my xbox clips?: When i clip my games, you can hear the other people in the game but cant hear me. When i clip overwatch 2 and i talk, it shows at the side on the clip that im talking but you cant hear me but can...
  4. how to enable Xbox voice chat in backgroud on pc gamebar

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    how to enable Xbox voice chat in backgroud on pc gamebar: how to enable xbox voice chat in background on pc gamebar a6c37fb7-5f65-4a63-9022-92c1bf0a8e57
  5. Why is my roblox xbox voice chat not working

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why is my roblox xbox voice chat not working: (I set all my Communication settings to everyone and my age is verified And also my xbox Communication settings are also set to everyone) PLS help IDK what else I can do...
  6. How can I make it so you can hear my voice when clipping a video

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I make it so you can hear my voice when clipping a video: My email is *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** or message me on Xbox gamer tag XxBROWNIExX3800 3e3865c2-7d0a-4e27-9a9f-8a15dae4bf42
  7. Why do I only hear background noises on my headset and no voices?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I only hear background noises on my headset and no voices?: This problem started a week ago out of no where. I can only hear background sounds and little to no voices or footsteps. I have cleaned out my headset jack, tried my headset on another device...
  8. Is there any way to include the voice chat audio from people who aren't on an Xbox in a...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is there any way to include the voice chat audio from people who aren't on an Xbox in a...: we have tried joining the party using a laptop and the xbox application. we have also tried to use discord to be in a party but we are still not able to get their voice chat in the stream....
  9. Discord voice chat on xbox makes my mic quality extremely bad

in XboX Insiders
    Discord voice chat on xbox makes my mic quality extremely bad: I've tried playing with my friends on other devices and we use discord to call, recently ive been trying to vc on discord with them but they keep telling me the mic quality is much worse. I don't...
  10. Why is my microphone quality on Xbox's Discord voice chatso bad?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why is my microphone quality on Xbox's Discord voice chatso bad?: I've found that the quality of my microphone while talking in a Discord voice channel on Xbox is significantly worse than it is in a regular Xbox party or when I'm in a Discord voice call on my...