Voice control via Alexa no longer works in certain video apps.

Discus and support Voice control via Alexa no longer works in certain video apps. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Xbox pause and xbox play no longer work on the Amazon video application(only one I've noticed so far). The XBox receives the command and responds... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/cchadcc, May 16, 2020.

1. /u/cchadcc
    /u/cchadcc Guest

Xbox pause and xbox play no longer work on the Amazon video application(only one I've noticed so far). The XBox receives the command and responds "can't do that here" which would make sense in a non video playing application or at a menu but not when a video is playing or paused.

submitted by /u/cchadcc
    [link] [comments]

/u/cchadcc, May 16, 2020
  2. GavinTheKidd Win User

how do i raise and lower volume on xbox one s

3. AliRuss Win User

Xbox home screen wont load after it signs me in

I have exactly this too. Need to try unplugging the lan cable.

I can load apps via Alexa and the controller works fine, so i can watch Netflix and Prime.

The home screen is still black and the side menu doesnt work. In fact the controller still navigates the app e.g. Netflix when the side menu is open.
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

Cortana is dead so what am I meant to use now?

Hi ereeiz,

Thanks for coming to the forums. Cortana was disable quite a while ago. It does explain how to enable Alexa for voice commands when you go to the Cortana settings.
    "Cortana is no longer supported on Xbox one. To continue using voice commands, enable digital assistants in settings and try the Xbox skill for Alexa, or use Xbox voice commands with Kinect sensor."

Thanks,

Brad
  5. Goomba Slayer 2 Win User

2 xboxes and alexa

You can only have one linked to it at a time Set up Alexa with Xbox One

Note Xbox Skill for Alexa may not be available in all locales.

Setup

To set up the Xbox Skill for Alexa:

1. Sign in to your Xbox.
    2. Say “Alexa, open Xbox” and open the Alexa app, or search for Xbox in the Skills section of the Alexa app.
    3. Select the Xbox Skill and sign in with your Microsoft account.
    4. Follow the instructions to discover your console and pair it to your Alexa device(s).
    If multiple people will be signing in on the same Xbox, see Use Alexa with multiple Xbox profiles.

Alexa commands for Xbox

Standard commands

For access to all the commands available for the Xbox Skill on Alexa, use the standard command structure, like this:

• “Alexa, tell Xbox to pause”
    • “Alexa, tell Xbox to resume”
    • “Alexa, tell Xbox to turn up volume”
    • “Alexa, tell Xbox to turn volume down 5”
    • “Alexa, tell Xbox to turn off”
    • “Alexa, tell Xbox to launch Rocket League”
    • “Alexa, tell Xbox to launch Netflix”
    • “Alexa, tell Xbox to start broadcasting”
    • “Alexa, ask Xbox what I can say”
    Both “Tell Xbox” and “Ask Xbox” work for standard commands.

Smart home commands

Alexa smart home commands work for power, volume, and media controls. With smart home commands, you can drop the “Tell Xbox” or “Ask Xbox” portion, as in these examples:

• “Alexa, pause Xbox”
    • “Alexa, resume on Xbox”
    • “Alexa, turn the Xbox volume up”
    • “Alexa, turn the volume down on Xbox”
    • “Alexa, turn off Xbox”
    The default device name in the Alexa app’s Smart Home Devices section is “Xbox,” but smart home commands will work if you change the name to something else – “Living Room Xbox” or “Zach’s Xbox,” for example. This becomes especially important if you want
    to use Alexa with more than one Xbox. You can change the device name for your Xbox under Smart Home > Devices in the Alexa mobile app.

If you’ve recently used your Xbox One and there aren’t any other smart home devices paired with Alexa, you can drop the device name altogether, like this:

• “Alexa, pause”
    • “Alexa, play”
    • “Alexa, resume”
    • “Alexa, skip forward”
  6. H3PA80R Win User

kinect

You could connect your alexa device with your xbox. Works pretty good for me.

Here is how it works:

Setup

To set up the Xbox Skill for Alexa:

1. Sign in to your Xbox.
    2. Say “Alexa, open Xbox” and open the Alexa app, or search for Xbox in the Skills section of the Alexa app.
    3. Select the Xbox Skill and sign in with your Microsoft account.
    4. Follow the instructions to discover your console and pair it to your Alexa device(s).
    If multiple people will be signing in on the same Xbox, see
    Use Alexa with multiple Xbox profiles

Alexa commands for Xbox

Standard commands

For access to all the commands available for the Xbox Skill on Alexa, use the standard command structure, like this:

• “Alexa, tell Xbox to pause”
    • “Alexa, tell Xbox to resume”
    • “Alexa, tell Xbox to turn up volume”
    • “Alexa, tell Xbox to turn volume down 5”
    • “Alexa, tell Xbox to turn off”
    • “Alexa, tell Xbox to launch Rocket League”
    • “Alexa, tell Xbox to launch Netflix”
    • “Alexa, tell Xbox to start broadcasting”
    • “Alexa, ask Xbox what I can say”
    Both “Tell Xbox” and “Ask Xbox” work for standard commands.

Smart home commands

Alexa smart home commands work for power, volume, and media controls. With smart home commands, you can drop the “Tell Xbox” or “Ask Xbox” portion, as in these examples:

• “Alexa, pause Xbox”
    • “Alexa, resume on Xbox”
    • “Alexa, turn the Xbox volume up”
    • “Alexa, turn the volume down on Xbox”
    • “Alexa, turn off Xbox”
    The default device name in the Alexa app’s Smart Home Devices section is “Xbox,” but smart home commands will work if you change the name to something else – “Living Room Xbox” or “Zach’s Xbox,” for example. This becomes especially important if you want
    to use Alexa with more than one Xbox. You can change the device name for your Xbox under
    Smart Home > Devices in the Alexa mobile app.

If you’ve recently used your Xbox One and there aren’t any other smart home devices paired with Alexa, you can drop the device name altogether, like this:

• “Alexa, pause”
    • “Alexa, play”
    • “Alexa, resume”
    • “Alexa, skip forward”

And if needed to set it up for more than one Xbox:

Connecting and using Alexa with more than one Xbox involves some extra steps. Those steps depend on the type of commands you’re using.

To connect your first Xbox, see Set up Alexa as a digital assistant for Xbox One.
    To connect a second Xbox to Alexa:

1. Sign in on the Xbox you want to control. The Xbox you’re signed in to will automatically be linked (you can also enable it on your console under
      System > Settings > Kinect & devices > Digital assistants).
    2. Say “Alexa, tell Xbox to pair” to the Alexa device you plan on using to control the signed-in Xbox.
    3. Open the Alexa app, then go to Smart Home, select Add Device, and choose device type Other.
    4. Once your Xbox is discovered, change the default name “Xbox” to something else if your first console is also named “Xbox.” This is the device name you’ll use for smart home commands.

Standard commands

Standard commands begin with the phrase “Alexa, tell Xbox to…” and target the Xbox you’re currently signed in to. If you want another Xbox to interact with Alexa, sign in to that console and say “Alexa, tell Xbox to pair.” Alexa will
    then start sending commands from that Alexa device to that Xbox.

Smart home commands

Smart home commands, such as “Alexa, turn off Xbox” can work with more than one console if they have different names.

By default, Alexa gives the first discovered console the name “Xbox.” Additional consoles are given default names of “Xbox [####]” to tell them apart, but you can change the console name in the Alexa app to something friendlier, like
    “Upstairs Xbox” or “Josie’s Xbox.” This will enable commands like “Alexa, turn down the volume on Upstairs Xbox.”

Another option is to change the system name of one or more consoles in
    System > Settings > System > Console info to something like “DENXBOX,” for example. Alexa will then identify the Xbox by that name.
Thema:

1. Voice control via Alexa no longer works in certain video apps. - Similar Threads - Voice control via

2. Why cant i hear my voice in my xbox clips?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant i hear my voice in my xbox clips?: When i clip my games, you can hear the other people in the game but cant hear me. When i clip overwatch 2 and i talk, it shows at the side on the clip that im talking but you cant hear me but can...
  3. how to enable Xbox voice chat in backgroud on pc gamebar

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    how to enable Xbox voice chat in backgroud on pc gamebar: how to enable xbox voice chat in background on pc gamebar a6c37fb7-5f65-4a63-9022-92c1bf0a8e57
  4. Why is my roblox xbox voice chat not working

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why is my roblox xbox voice chat not working: (I set all my Communication settings to everyone and my age is verified And also my xbox Communication settings are also set to everyone) PLS help IDK what else I can do...
  5. How can I make it so you can hear my voice when clipping a video

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I make it so you can hear my voice when clipping a video: My email is *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** or message me on Xbox gamer tag XxBROWNIExX3800 3e3865c2-7d0a-4e27-9a9f-8a15dae4bf42
  6. Why do I only hear background noises on my headset and no voices?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I only hear background noises on my headset and no voices?: This problem started a week ago out of no where. I can only hear background sounds and little to no voices or footsteps. I have cleaned out my headset jack, tried my headset on another device...
  7. Is there any way to include the voice chat audio from people who aren't on an Xbox in a...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is there any way to include the voice chat audio from people who aren't on an Xbox in a...: we have tried joining the party using a laptop and the xbox application. we have also tried to use discord to be in a party but we are still not able to get their voice chat in the stream....
  8. Does anyone know why media playback controls (through mobile and voice command) don't work...

in XBoX on Windows
    Does anyone know why media playback controls (through mobile and voice command) don't work...: Media controls (both through google assistant and mobile app) will not work with paramount plus on Xbox. Does anyone know why? c3624f1e-a08a-45c2-be39-1fda9e8618ba
  9. My new Xbox series x controller won’t produce game sound and only voice chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    My new Xbox series x controller won’t produce game sound and only voice chat: Was starting up my new Xbox today and I set it all up, I get to talking with my mate in the voice chat and that’s all fine but when I go to play my game there’s no game sound and when I try...
  10. how can voice be used to control a pc video game like arma 3 and give orders to command...

in XBoX Accessibility
    how can voice be used to control a pc video game like arma 3 and give orders to command...: I am looking for help with the voice program. Information regarding whether or not l can use this program to interact with a popular pc video game. the title is Arma 3 and their are many mods that...