Voice command control

Discus and support Voice command control in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hii i have a little feedback and wanted to know what ppl thought ....its just a microphone on the game pad to use basic commands like change weapon or... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Andy 44, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Andy 44
    Andy 44 Guest

Voice command control

Hii i have a little feedback and wanted to know what ppl thought ....its just a microphone on the game pad to use basic commands like change weapon or attack..retreat etc

:)

Andy 44, Oct 20, 2020
  2. gds1972 Win User

Is there any timetable as to when Microsoft is reintroducing working voice control?

Hi

If you go into the settings section and disable Cortana the console will switch back to the legacy Xbox voice commands.

support.xbox.com/.../cortana-voice-commands

"Revert to Xbox commands

If, for whatever reason, Cortana isn’t what you want, you have the option to go back to the original voice control model using the "Xbox" command. When you switch, here’s what you’ll lose:

Headset voice control

Expanded commands and voice recognition

Voice-to-text input (dictation)

You can bring back Cortana at any time.

To revert to the original voice control model:

Double-tap the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Settings > All settings.

Select System > Cortana settings.

In the snapped window on the right, highlight the On switch, and press the A button to turn it to Off."
  3. f00xm4n Win User

"That's AMAZING! Microsoft went all out..."

I use it all the time with the controller in game, voice commands etc and never use the controller but use voice for watching videos and audio.
  4. Scottiths Win User

A question for those who did not install Kinect

The gesture controls are kina meh, but the voice controls are just amazing! Try playing with voice commands for a day, and if you decide you don't like it after that I would be supprised. I actually caught myself trying to use voice commands on my DVD
    player that is in the bedroom (no xbox in there).
  5. Coreldan Win User

So I'm in!

Don't think about the voice commands as something that mostly replaces the controller.. You can use them when you don't have the controller in hand :p And even with controller in hand, there's a few things that are much faster with the voice command.

Point being, don't think of them as something that is there to replace the controller, use them when it's beneficial.

I love the Kinect both for voice commands and hand gestures and it works extremely well for me. Typically only failing for me due to excessive background noise or trying to use a wrong command :p
  6. CollapseControl Win User

Your Pins

I don't see a point of using voice commands for launching games mainly because I have to have the controller on to play the games.

The apps are usually passive and easy to voice command.
Thema:

Voice command control

1. Voice command control - Similar Threads - Voice command control

2. When in a party or discord call in-game voice chat is completely disabled

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When in a party or discord call in-game voice chat is completely disabled: If I am in a party or discord call i not only am unable to hear anyone taking in game, but it doesn't even show me that people are talking. The second I leave the party/discord it goes back to...
  3. Why cant i hear my voice in my xbox clips?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant i hear my voice in my xbox clips?: When i clip my games, you can hear the other people in the game but cant hear me. When i clip overwatch 2 and i talk, it shows at the side on the clip that im talking but you cant hear me but can...
  4. how to enable Xbox voice chat in backgroud on pc gamebar

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    how to enable Xbox voice chat in backgroud on pc gamebar: how to enable xbox voice chat in background on pc gamebar a6c37fb7-5f65-4a63-9022-92c1bf0a8e57
  5. Why is my roblox xbox voice chat not working

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why is my roblox xbox voice chat not working: (I set all my Communication settings to everyone and my age is verified And also my xbox Communication settings are also set to everyone) PLS help IDK what else I can do...
  6. How can I make it so you can hear my voice when clipping a video

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I make it so you can hear my voice when clipping a video: My email is *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** or message me on Xbox gamer tag XxBROWNIExX3800 3e3865c2-7d0a-4e27-9a9f-8a15dae4bf42
  7. Why do I only hear background noises on my headset and no voices?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I only hear background noises on my headset and no voices?: This problem started a week ago out of no where. I can only hear background sounds and little to no voices or footsteps. I have cleaned out my headset jack, tried my headset on another device...
  8. Does anyone know why media playback controls (through mobile and voice command) don't work...

in XBoX on Windows
    Does anyone know why media playback controls (through mobile and voice command) don't work...: Media controls (both through google assistant and mobile app) will not work with paramount plus on Xbox. Does anyone know why? c3624f1e-a08a-45c2-be39-1fda9e8618ba
  9. F1 23 Voice command

in XBoX Games and Apps
    F1 23 Voice command: I was wondering if some can assist. I played F1 22 and saw when communicating with race engineer there was a headphone, and then click the prompts to give an order so I saw with an headset you can...
  10. how can voice be used to control a pc video game like arma 3 and give orders to command...

in XBoX Accessibility
    how can voice be used to control a pc video game like arma 3 and give orders to command...: I am looking for help with the voice program. Information regarding whether or not l can use this program to interact with a popular pc video game. the title is Arma 3 and their are many mods that...