Voice Chat Issue/Friends List Issue

Discus and support Voice Chat Issue/Friends List Issue in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a friend who cannot hear me over live. On the 360 he can but not on the One, we have already checked he does not have me muted, he just cannot... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Azalin no Oni, May 21, 2015.

1. Voice Chat Issue/Friends List Issue

I have a friend who cannot hear me over live. On the 360 he can but not on the One, we have already checked he does not have me muted, he just cannot hear my voice chat, in parties or in games. As far as im aware he has no issues with anyone else just
    me.

My second problem is I have a friend whom I cannot add no matter what I try, he can follow me but when I try to add him I get the error message that it didnt work and to try again later, that issue has existed since I got my system which was around January.

All I want to know is, is there any suggestions on how to fix these said issues?

:)

Azalin no Oni, May 21, 2015
  2. Friends list issue

We are having that same issue....a friend he's added isn't showing on friends list and since we only communicate with friends, he can't hear him or play with him.

CaptainSwift5, May 21, 2015
  3. neX JBoys
    neX JBoys Guest
    friends list issue

i was looking for a older post relate to this and found nothing so if i repeated dont flame. i am having a issue where some of my friends appear as "offline" when i know for sure that they are online without appearing offline. i have checked this by looking
    through a common friend who dosent appear offline to see that same friend appearing online. this has happend for 3 days now and its getting quite annoying. i have tryed deleting my profile and cache 3 time, testing my xbox live connection 2 time (came up with
    0 errors), and also restarting my modem router xbox etc. please help me out here. would be much appreciated.

neX JBoys, May 21, 2015
  4. Hordie
    Hordie Guest

Hi Azalin Nine,

Can anyone year you when you join a party? Does chat work in games when you try to speak? If so make sure both of you do not have any NAT issues on the Xbox One. Also see the party chat issues link below.

To view NAT go to your network screen. To get to the Network screen, press the Menu button on your controller, select Settings, and then select Network.

Xbox One Network Settings

NAT Error Solution

Party Chat Issue Link

Hordie, May 22, 2015
  5. Hordie Win User

Hi Azalin Nine,

Can anyone year you when you join a party? Does chat work in games when you try to speak? If so make sure both of you do not have any NAT issues on the Xbox One. Also see the party chat issues link below.

To view NAT go to your network screen. To get to the Network screen, press the Menu button on your controller, select Settings, and then select Network.

Xbox One Network Settings

NAT Error Solution

Party Chat Issue Link
  6. Meyloh Win User

Voice chat issues

So I ended up fiddling with the settings available on the website only and I found some that were inhibiting me. I can now hear chat on my account! Yay! My mic still isn't being registered but I have a feeling that's unrelated so I'll have to deal with it.
    Thanks everyone that had some advice, especially Mister Fitzer.
  7. Mister Fitzer Win User

Voice chat issues

Have you checked your privacy settings thoroughly? If you're blocking any content, that may be what's at play here. Please check that out and let me know what you find/what your settings are currently at.
  8. Mister Fitzer Win User

Voice chat issues

Antillion brings up a good point. You may want to try connecting directly to the modem (you'll need to power cycle it first though, by removing power for at least 15 seconds), to see if that makes any difference.
  9. Meyloh Win User

Voice chat issues

Re: Miss Portia - I do not have another headset complete with a mic, but I have plugged in a quality pair of headphones. Game music/sound works fine but as usual no voice chat. The same is true for just my TV speakers, no voice chat plays there either.

Re: Insane54 - I do not have the connector cord for the controller to headset with the mic. From previous experience this does not stop the chat from being played, but it does significantly lower the volume. That's just what seemed to happen to me though.
    If that stopped me from being able to hear in the headset I would accept it, but I can't hear it even on the TV :(
Thema:

1. Voice Chat Issue/Friends List Issue - Similar Threads - Voice Chat Issue

2. When in a party or discord call in-game voice chat is completely disabled

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When in a party or discord call in-game voice chat is completely disabled: If I am in a party or discord call i not only am unable to hear anyone taking in game, but it doesn't even show me that people are talking. The second I leave the party/discord it goes back to...
  3. how to enable Xbox voice chat in backgroud on pc gamebar

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    how to enable Xbox voice chat in backgroud on pc gamebar: how to enable xbox voice chat in background on pc gamebar a6c37fb7-5f65-4a63-9022-92c1bf0a8e57
  4. Why is my roblox xbox voice chat not working

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why is my roblox xbox voice chat not working: (I set all my Communication settings to everyone and my age is verified And also my xbox Communication settings are also set to everyone) PLS help IDK what else I can do...
  5. Is there any way to include the voice chat audio from people who aren't on an Xbox in a...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is there any way to include the voice chat audio from people who aren't on an Xbox in a...: we have tried joining the party using a laptop and the xbox application. we have also tried to use discord to be in a party but we are still not able to get their voice chat in the stream....
  6. Xbox Game Bar Voice Chat Issues

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox Game Bar Voice Chat Issues: On PC as of a week ago, party chat only works if I have it open. When it’s closed, I can hear my friends, but they can’t hear me. I have found a temporary solution by disabling the xbox app’s...
  7. discord voice chat and in-game mic issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    discord voice chat and in-game mic issue: when I'm using discord talking with friends my mic is not muted but when I play overwatch 2 and still in the voice channels that mic in game won't work and I have overwatch mic set to open I can't...
  8. PC and Xbox Discord voice chat issues

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    PC and Xbox Discord voice chat issues: My friend is on pc and I am on xbox, when we join a voice channel together in a server, I can hear her but she cant hear me. Any fixes on this issue? 810c2dc1-b863-480f-ab06-f05fde2200cd
  9. Party chat echo issues, only repeting others voices

in XboX Insiders
    Party chat echo issues, only repeting others voices: So when I'm in party chat my mic will repeat others voices, I have changed headset reset console turned down tv replaced controller it is set to headset only I'm absolutely stumped Help me please!...
  10. COD Warzone voice chat issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    COD Warzone voice chat issues: Hi, I am having Major Problems with COD Warzone. I have tried almost anything and I've updated everything and still can't talk. Everyone is saying do something with cross play but I don't have any...