Voice and text chat not working in Xbox games on PC

Discus and support Voice and text chat not working in Xbox games on PC in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I have changed my privacy settings multiple times, reverted them back and forth to try to force a change, but no matter what I do, in xbox games on PC,... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by VeneraKV, Jun 29, 2022.

1. VeneraKV
    VeneraKV Guest

I have changed my privacy settings multiple times, reverted them back and forth to try to force a change, but no matter what I do, in xbox games on PC, text chat doesn't work. I can't see or recieve text chat from other players.

You can communicate outside of Xbox Live with voice & text

is set to allow.

Others can communicate with voice, text, or invites

is set to everyone.

I can't imagine why this is happening, can anybody help? Microsoft support's only advice is to post on the forums, which seems absolutely useless, but here we are.

:)

VeneraKV, Jun 29, 2022
  2. RHR cats Win User

Why can't you chat on Roblox?

Roblox text chat does work but it only works on the PC version not the console version but however depending on the game you play on Roblox some games have a in game Voice chat
  3. XBF John Win User

Hello,

When attempting do you receive an error code of any kind?

You can try this solution on your computer:

Troubleshoot audio in parties and issues with multiplayer games on Windows 10 | Xbox Support

• You can find how to open your ports in Solution 2: Part 5, but I recommend following the steps of the entire page.
    If you need further assistance on how to access and set up the settings on your router, we suggest that you contact your internet service provider to guide you.

Best Regards,

4. A Skilled Shot Win User

Sea of Thieves

Strange, voice works for me even between Xbox and PC, I haven't tried text chat. I don't have any other ideas for what would cause the issue.
  5. ImmenSe Voltage Win User

Text chat on Mixser

Chat means voice, to text chat you would need to use the Mixer mobile app to type in chat or use your PC.
  6. Niko1664 Win User

Game Transcription

Hi Fatale !

On Xbox One

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide, then select System > Settings > Ease of Access > Game transcription.
    2. To transcribe other players' voices into text, select Speech-to-text on.
    3. To have your chat text read aloud to other players, select Text-to-speech on. To choose the voice that other players will hear when your chat text is read aloud, select one of the available voices in the Text-to-speech voice menu.
    4. To have games read aloud certain words that appear on the screen, select Let games read to me.
    On Windows 10

1. Open the Xbox app and go to Settings > General > Game chat transcription.
    2. To transcribe other players' voices into text, select Speech-to-text on.
    3. To have your chat text read aloud to other players, select Text-to-speech on.
    4. To choose the voice that other players will hear when your chat text is read aloud, select one of the available voices in the Text-to-speech voice menu.
Thema:

1. Voice and text chat not working in Xbox games on PC - Similar Threads - Voice text chat

2. Why cant i hear my voice in my xbox clips?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant i hear my voice in my xbox clips?: When i clip my games, you can hear the other people in the game but cant hear me. When i clip overwatch 2 and i talk, it shows at the side on the clip that im talking but you cant hear me but can...
  3. how to enable Xbox voice chat in backgroud on pc gamebar

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    how to enable Xbox voice chat in backgroud on pc gamebar: how to enable xbox voice chat in background on pc gamebar a6c37fb7-5f65-4a63-9022-92c1bf0a8e57
  4. Why is my roblox xbox voice chat not working

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why is my roblox xbox voice chat not working: (I set all my Communication settings to everyone and my age is verified And also my xbox Communication settings are also set to everyone) PLS help IDK what else I can do...
  5. How can I make it so you can hear my voice when clipping a video

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I make it so you can hear my voice when clipping a video: My email is *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** or message me on Xbox gamer tag XxBROWNIExX3800 3e3865c2-7d0a-4e27-9a9f-8a15dae4bf42
  6. Why do I only hear background noises on my headset and no voices?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I only hear background noises on my headset and no voices?: This problem started a week ago out of no where. I can only hear background sounds and little to no voices or footsteps. I have cleaned out my headset jack, tried my headset on another device...
  7. Why does my party say that “sorry, voice and text chat aren’t available right now. Try...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my party say that “sorry, voice and text chat aren’t available right now. Try...: Why does my party say that “sorry, voice and text chat aren’t available right now. Try joining the party again a while later.” It’s really annoying as I was playing with my mates, then the Xbox...
  8. Voice and text chat disabled do to platform restrictions??

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Voice and text chat disabled do to platform restrictions??: What can i do to fix this ive tride everything i can think off [cod] e456a827-e198-4d11-aad6-14a7c8cd4cb4
  9. Feature Request - Separate Text n Voice permissions

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Feature Request - Separate Text n Voice permissions: I get over 10-20 spam texts a week. This is beyond annoying. I want to shut down my text unless it’s a friend. If I try to do this it lumps in voice as well. Did you even ask the gamers why this...
  10. Sea of thieves voice chat text chat and speech bubbles not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sea of thieves voice chat text chat and speech bubbles not working: No matter why I try I’ve been to the last Page of google and back nothing works output and input reset privacy setting uninstalling and reinstalling the game resetting the game every reddit post...