Virtual keyboard and USB keyboard doesn’t work unless in caps lock. Xbox one X

Discus and support Virtual keyboard and USB keyboard doesn’t work unless in caps lock. Xbox one X in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Some keys such as W, S, and D do work. But backspace, esc, space, etc don’t work. If I put everything in caps it will work including backspace and esc.... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/TeslaRoadsterInSpace, May 12, 2021.

1. Virtual keyboard and USB keyboard doesn’t work unless in caps lock. Xbox one X

Some keys such as W, S, and D do work. But backspace, esc, space, etc don’t work. If I put everything in caps it will work including backspace and esc. Same thing for the USB keyboard as well. I’ve already tried switching USB ports as well as other keyboards but none of those work though they do on a normal computer. I can also confirm that this isn’t just in one game though if it helps I tried it in Skyrim, COD war zone, and the message feature in the menu.

submitted by /u/TeslaRoadsterInSpace
    [link] [comments]

/u/TeslaRoadsterInSpace, May 12, 2021
  2. ArminatorX Win User

Keyboards

It will work straight away for text input during messaging and the likes.

Every time the Xbox would show a virtual keyboard on the screen for text input, the keyboard will work.

As for games, the game has to be specifically made to support keyboards.

Not all games are able to use keyboards.

For example Fortnite and Minecraft are popular examples for games that work with an USB Keyboard and USB mouse.
  3. DestinJones Win User

Issue with new Arctis 9x and xbox keyboard

The keyboard itself plugs into my controller and the usb, I have plugged into the usb port on the front of my xbox series x. When using the keyboard, the keyboard works but the mic stops working.
  4. LegoNinja187 Win User

Caps/Caps Lock using xboxone controller in Youtube app when searching

is there not an option for caps lock on the on screen keyboard you can highlight and press 'A' on?
  5. IceStorm III Win User

Usb bluetooth keyboard support

USB keyboards have always worked, but prior to the February update they had to be plugged in while the Xbox One was powered off (not Instant On, but completely off).

Bluetooth keyboards will not work. The Xbox One doesn't contain a Bluetooth radio. A wireless keyboard with its own wireless USB dongle should work. I've used a couple different Logitech wireless keyboards that were already paired to their associated Logitech
    Unifying USB receiver.
  6. ShadowStrider 7 Win User

Xbox One sign-in problem

As I stated, I have already completed the set-up phase, with Kinect plugged in. The Day One system update completed. The only step left is to link my account, but since there is no virtual keyboard being displayed, I am unable to do so. I should also mention
    that I have tried hooking up an external keyboard via USB port (this keyboard worked fine with Xbox 360) but Xbox One does not recognize it.
Thema:

Virtual keyboard and USB keyboard doesn’t work unless in caps lock. Xbox one X

1. Virtual keyboard and USB keyboard doesn’t work unless in caps lock. Xbox one X - Similar Threads - Virtual keyboard USB

2. Virtual keyboard on microsoft edge ( Xbox One X/S )

in XBoX on Windows
    Virtual keyboard on microsoft edge ( Xbox One X/S ): Hi, I will copy and paste a question made in October 2021, because after almost 2 years we still have the same issue. So I was wondering, I use a keyboard and mouse on the newest version of...
  3. Virtual Keyboard on Edge (Xbox Series X/S)

in XboX Insiders
    Virtual Keyboard on Edge (Xbox Series X/S): I'm copying and pasting a question made in October 2021 and still there is not a fix. Hi, So I was wondering, I use a keyboard and mouse on the newest version of microsoft edge on the xbox one...
  4. Removing or disabling groups I am not interested in and that virtual keyboard?

in XboX Insiders
    Removing or disabling groups I am not interested in and that virtual keyboard?: How do I remove groups from the home screen? How do I disable that useless virtual keyboard? Just picked one up, been busy setting it up. What is with the garbage groups I am not interested in,...
  5. Any Way To Get a Xbox Virtual Keyboard by my Xbox 360 Controller For Games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Any Way To Get a Xbox Virtual Keyboard by my Xbox 360 Controller For Games?: i play a lot of games with my xbox 360 controller on pc and was wondering if there was a way to get a xbox or any kind of virtual keyboard on screen by pressing a button my xbox 360 controller....
  6. ISSUE with Virtual Keyboard on XBOX SERIES X

in XBoX on Consoles
    ISSUE with Virtual Keyboard on XBOX SERIES X: Good Morning! I seem to be having an issue with my virtual keyboard on my Xbox series X console -- So for example if i bring up a previous chat on my Xbox it seems to be giving me a ghost box...
  7. Why does the XboxOne virtual keyboard censor numbers and words that make no sense to censor?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does the XboxOne virtual keyboard censor numbers and words that make no sense to censor?: The virtual keyboard is clearing the text every time I type various numbers like 10 and a bunch of others I can't remember off the top of my head. It also censors words like raw and feces neither...
  8. How do you fix the virtual keyboard

in XBoX on Windows
    How do you fix the virtual keyboard: I bought a xbox one series s second hand and as far as I can tell it is all fine when it comes to game play ect, however when asked to type anything onto the virtual keyboard I am unable to move...
  9. How do I turn off the Xbox virtual keyboard,

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I turn off the Xbox virtual keyboard,: I play with keyboard and mouse on Xbox and after updating a game, the keyboard started to appear on the screen while the chat was open, but before the update the virtual keyboard did not....
  10. How to disable virtual keyboard on Xbox?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to disable virtual keyboard on Xbox?: AFAIK there is now way to disable it. But may be we can request this feature to be provided in the next updates? You see, I use real mouse and keyboard with my Xbox Series X while surfing the...