View Button on controller won't work. Replaced controller and same thing.

Discus and support View Button on controller won't work. Replaced controller and same thing. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; As stated my view button on my xbox one x controller wont work. ive had it replaced and still the same exact problem. i bought my xbox one x on the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ryveks, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Ryveks
    Ryveks Guest

As stated my view button on my xbox one x controller wont work. ive had it replaced and still the same exact problem.

i bought my xbox one x on the first of this month so its brand new. its the gears of war model. After playing call of duty modern warfare it caused my system to crash over and over and hard reset mutliple times. Could this have caused something on my system
    to be corrupt? ive factory reset. ive reinstalled the newest operating system. even when i plug my controllers in my laptop and try to calibrate the buttons dont even function there. i dont know what else could possibly fix this problem. any ideas outside
    of " resetting my console" or "turn your controller off and on" would be greatly appreciated.

another thing i should add is that my view button worked at first. it wasnt until these crashes began happening with call of duty that my system would no longer pick up any button presses of the view button.

:)

Ryveks, Nov 9, 2019
  2. Ryveks Win User

microsoft sent me a new controller. same problem. view button dont work. i dont know what else to do.
  3. MartyB56 Win User

Hi

Looks like I'm having the same issue with my fortnite edition controller as Ryveks is. So far I've tried:

1. Hard restarting my console
    2. Updating controller firmware
    3. Trying a friends controller which works on their console
    4. Testing button in "xbox accessories" app. No response from view button.
    Also noticed the following when playing The Outer Worlds

• The view button is not response in any button layout configuration
    • In the standard button mapping the view button is used to view inventory (short press) or bring up the world map (long press)
    • I am able to bring up the world map by long pressing on the "start button"
    • I am not able to get to any short press functionality of the view button with this workaround.
    Seems like something is up at a system level preventing it from detecting the view button is pressed. Anything else to try troubleshooting this?
  4. XBF Crystal P Win User

Hi there Ryveks,

Thanks for the reply. To help clarify the issue:

• What are you trying to do with the view button?
    • Does it work when attempting to screen capture/game clips?
    • Does the issue happen In game for certain button mapping configuration?

Let us know so we may further assist.
  5. XBF Crystal P Win User

6. im5481 Win User

Xbox One Controller Home button stopped working

I have the same problem. My controller is fine but the Home button won't work. and my another controller is work. I try to update the controller, but it's not working.
Thema:

1. View Button on controller won't work. Replaced controller and same thing. - Similar Threads - View Button controller

2. My view button is bieng weird

in XBoX on Consoles
    My view button is bieng weird: Ive had this xbox series s controller for a month now and today my view button was bieng weird because. Everytime i pressed it it didn’t seem to respond but once i hold it down hard it responds...
  3. Elite controller 2.0 thinks the view button is constantly being held down even though im...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite controller 2.0 thinks the view button is constantly being held down even though im...: This problem has occurred randomly without any reason when i was playing, my controller thinks that i am holding down the view button even though i am not. This has the xbox menu to skip 3-4 spots...
  4. Xbox: If the 'View' button on the controller is used to go into full screen mode on a web...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox: If the 'View' button on the controller is used to go into full screen mode on a web...: For any web application that supports controller/gamepad based navigation, it is seen that if the View button on the controller is used to go into full screen mode on Edge on Xbox, it renders the...
  5. Xbox One Controller view button and right stick work with cable but don't work wirelessly

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One Controller view button and right stick work with cable but don't work wirelessly: So I played naruto ninja ultimate ninja storm recently. Every time I connect the controller to my PC with Bluetooth, the view button and right stick don't work properly and it always asks me to...
  6. Xbox controller takes screenshot whenever I hold down the view button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller takes screenshot whenever I hold down the view button: I recently bought an Xbox Series S controller, and whenever I hold down the view button to view a game leaderboard, it takes a screenshot. FYI: THE XBOX CONTROLLER VIEW BUTTON LOOKS LIKE THIS...
  7. Xbox app "view party" button gone for friends appearing online, but not for ones appearing...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox app "view party" button gone for friends appearing online, but not for ones appearing...: It seems the ability to reveal who's appearing offline on the Xbox app by viewing a party they could be in has been fixed. Anyone appearing offline in a party now appears as annonymous just like...
  8. View button doesnt work on brand new Xbox one X special edition

in XBoX on Consoles
    View button doesnt work on brand new Xbox one X special edition: I have an xbox one x special edition with blue and pink. Qhen received from microsoft a couple of months ago, view button wasnt working. After all updates et resets, Buttons never worked. Now im...
  9. View button not working on Xbox One Controller

in XBoX on Windows
    View button not working on Xbox One Controller: I bought a new Xbox one controller (Night Ops Camo model) to use with Windows 10. All other buttons work fine except the "view button". I already updated the controller firmware for the latest...
  10. Не работает кнопка “View” на Xbox one...[The “View” button does not work on the Xbox one ...]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Не работает кнопка “View” на Xbox one...[The “View” button does not work on the Xbox one ...]: ешил я купить игру...Far cry 5 и когда зашло дело до того чтобы открыть карту надо было нажать “ view” но кнопка совсем не реагировала... думал что это баг но когда зашел в главном меню на xbox...