Video Through Receiver Broken After the Big Update | One S 4k HDR

Discus and support Video Through Receiver Broken After the Big Update | One S 4k HDR in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hoping this is the right forum, but wanted to make support team aware that the recent console update messed up the video feed when using a Marantz... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MANIKENZ, Oct 13, 2017.

1. MANIKENZ
    MANIKENZ Guest

Hoping this is the right forum, but wanted to make support team aware that the recent console update messed up the video feed when using a Marantz SR7010 (as well as other Marantz receivers according to their support team).

Seems like it's an issue with 4k HDR when running through the receiver, but it was working perfectly normal before the update. The issue does not crop up when plugged directly into the tv, but then that defeats the purpose of having a 4k HDR capable receiver
    in the first place.

Hopefully someone on the tech team can patch it, Marantz's team is very easy to get in touch with as well!

:)

MANIKENZ, Oct 13, 2017
  2. TheDecn
    TheDecn Guest
    Netflix: No UHD on XBOX One S

I can verify this issue...Netflix UHD does not work on Xbox One S. I have a Vizio M55-D0 with the latest firmware enabling HD10 support. My TV is now recognized by the One S video settings as 4K HDR capable. I am able to enable HDR support and it works beautifully
    with the Blu-Ray app (Mad Max 4K Blu Ray playing 4K, 24fps, HDR as verified by the Vizio settings app). However when I start Netflix, the screen flashes, colors mute, and video fails to switch to HDR or 24fps. Netflix app is clearly broken right now for HDR.
    If I switch HDR off on the One S, Netflix app is fine, plays 4K correctly, colors are fine obviously no HDR.

TheDecn, Oct 13, 2017
  3. JCSWW
    JCSWW Guest
    Xbox One S not recognizing full 4K capabilities through 4K AV receiver

My TV doesn't support HDR at all but it is 4k capable. I have tried having the XBOX One S directly connected to the TV and through the receiver with no luck getting anything 4k out of the One S.

JCSWW, Oct 13, 2017
  4. TheDecn Win User

Netflix: No UHD on XBOX One S

I can verify this issue...Netflix UHD does not work on Xbox One S. I have a Vizio M55-D0 with the latest firmware enabling HD10 support. My TV is now recognized by the One S video settings as 4K HDR capable. I am able to enable HDR support and it works beautifully
    with the Blu-Ray app (Mad Max 4K Blu Ray playing 4K, 24fps, HDR as verified by the Vizio settings app). However when I start Netflix, the screen flashes, colors mute, and video fails to switch to HDR or 24fps. Netflix app is clearly broken right now for HDR.
    If I switch HDR off on the One S, Netflix app is fine, plays 4K correctly, colors are fine obviously no HDR.
  5. JCSWW Win User

Xbox One S not recognizing full 4K capabilities through 4K AV receiver

My TV doesn't support HDR at all but it is 4k capable. I have tried having the XBOX One S directly connected to the TV and through the receiver with no luck getting anything 4k out of the One S.
  6. Puppy Fujo Win User

Red dead redemtion 2

Unfortunately after checking multiple sources it seems that the YouTube app on the One S does not currently support 4K. The One X app received an update on Dec 11, 2017 which allows 4k content (HDR not included) but the app for One S is still in development.
    Sorry for the confusion. Even I had to do a little research.
  7. murph17 Win User

What kind of 4K tv do I HAVE to have to watch 4K on Xbox one s?

8. Internet Expert Win User

Samsung KS8000 and HDR10 for games and Bluray

Plenty of threads I've seen with people driving the Xbox One S's 4K output through a receiver is often due to the receiver being at fault, because the receiver's specifications for various HDMI features (4K, HDR, 60Hz, etc) are often minimal, if not outdated.

With the above being the case, the Xbox One S will be checking the "4K TV details" criteria against the receiver itself, not the TV.

As Sho K1lla mentioned, it is best to connect your Xbox directly to your TV. Your Samsung KS8000 should support HDR10, which is the type of HDR profile that the Xbox One S uses.
Thema:

1. Video Through Receiver Broken After the Big Update | One S 4k HDR - Similar Threads - Video Through Receiver

2. Do you suspend accounts that post screenshots of images in video games sold by or through...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Do you suspend accounts that post screenshots of images in video games sold by or through...: Recently, my account was suspended because I posted an image from Assassin's Creed: Origin for violation of Community Standards. Microsoft sales the product, allows advertising for the product and...
  3. I have a player who I can’t find through search I have video evidence of serve racial slurs...

in XBoX on Windows
    I have a player who I can’t find through search I have video evidence of serve racial slurs...: I was playing with this player [Mod Removed] we began to argue I never got racial and he started calling me a slave saying that my people are slaves and I ain’t **** called me a **** multiple...
  4. video but no sound through xbox app

in XBoX on Windows
    video but no sound through xbox app: So, when I stream to Xbox app on my laptop (surface pro) from my Xbox series x I get video and no audio. well, it's audio but the sound is like a train going over tracks. I have tried restarting...
  5. Video Cuts in and out only when I'm passed through audio receiver

in XBoX on Consoles
    Video Cuts in and out only when I'm passed through audio receiver: Hi I'm having an issue where when my Xbox series X is playing through my audio receiver everything is fine when I turn off the audio receiver it should be able to pass through the video and sound...
  6. 4k video not passing through Vizio soundbar

in XBoX on Consoles
    4k video not passing through Vizio soundbar: I recently bought a Vizio 5.1.2 soundbar with Dolby Atmos. I plugged the soundbar to my Sony Bravia tv via HDMI arc (not earc). I plugged my series x to the HDMI input on the soundbar. It worked...
  7. Mouse pointer misaligned when video capturing the screen through Xbox game bar

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mouse pointer misaligned when video capturing the screen through Xbox game bar: I use the Xbox game bar on my Win10 laptop to video capture some stuff on my screen for presentations. That stuff involves interactive prototypes of app designs which require me to click through...
  8. losing picture on series X / static interruption when playing 4k/HDR video apps through...

in XBoX on Consoles
    losing picture on series X / static interruption when playing 4k/HDR video apps through...: Is there any fix to this? I've seen users report static/hdmi handshake issues when using the streaming apps on series X. I'm definitely experiencing this, I have a new 2021 denon receiver, and a...
  9. I suddenly get no video through HDMI connection - sound works and I can blindly navigate menus

in XBoX on Consoles
    I suddenly get no video through HDMI connection - sound works and I can blindly navigate menus: My setup is as follows: Xbox One S - ca 18 months old Asus CG32UQ 32" 4K gamining monitor - ca 1 month old Connected through HDMI cable supplied with the Xbox Under video settings I have...
  10. Can an Xbox 360 video chat through kinects with an Xbox One?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can an Xbox 360 video chat through kinects with an Xbox One?: I was just wondering, can an Xbox 360 video chat through Kinect with an Xbox One? cfddb979-8f07-410b-84f9-72c5e8fe9c36