Video Streaming Apps- Poor Performance

Discus and support Video Streaming Apps- Poor Performance in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello All, I'm sure its been mentioned in other threads but is anyone else experiencing poor video performance when watching video streaming apps like... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by guyver2077, Jan 9, 2014.

1. guyver2077
    guyver2077 Guest

Hello All,

I'm sure its been mentioned in other threads but is anyone else experiencing poor video performance when watching video streaming apps like Netflix and Vudu?

I'm not even sure how to explain the problem but the best I can come up with is judder or frames skipping when watching a movie/show.

I've tried absolutely everything on my end from switching cables to messing with all possible settings and nothing seems to resolve the issue. I've even tried connecting straight to my TV and skip my receiver altogether but that did not fix the problem either.

Please note I only have these issues when attempting to watch via Xbox One console. My Xbox 360, PS4, and even my LG TV built in apps don't experience any of these issues and they are connected the same way.

This is pretty frustrating as my Xbox One is supposed to be my entertainment hub and my go to console for games/entertainment/movies.

Additionally, The bluray player on the Xbox One is pretty much completely un-watchable. (we already have a lengthy thread on that here)

Thanks

:)

guyver2077, Jan 9, 2014
  2. xbox360italy
    xbox360italy Guest
    Cant connect to xbox live when playing a game

Hello

Are you experiencing any of the following issues while streaming content or playing games on Xbox LIVE? Slow game play

• Poor performance or "lag" between actions
    • Video streaming pauses or pixilated video
    • Frequent disconnections
    • You cannot see some items in Xbox LIVE
    If so, we have some suggestions that could improve your networking performance.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live/connecting/performance#e9d9a384772149eaabd2a12dbb5ee2fd

xbox360italy, Jan 9, 2014
  3. Haakan
    Haakan Guest
    Haakan, Jan 9, 2014
  4. guyver2077
    guyver2077 Guest

guyver2077, Jan 9, 2014
  5. TopcowRaven
    TopcowRaven Guest
    Yup, this is confirmed. Xbox Video dept Head confirmed it, but no eta on a fix. It happens system wide across all apps (possibly even games (check out the pre rendered forza5 opening video)). There is frame drops/judder/skips etc. This makes it painful
    to watch anything. Basically if you want to watch video anything, just use a 360 if you have one, it performs correctly. Hopefully its fixed asap.

TopcowRaven, Jan 9, 2014
  6. TopcowRaven
    TopcowRaven Guest
  7. guyver2077
    guyver2077 Guest
    Thanks. I actually got a reply from Twitter and directed them over to this thread. I think what we all really want is a public acknowledgement that the problem is there and an ETA on a fix.

It needs to be a priority. The only thing we see announcements about are friends list fixes, etc which I don't believe are critical.

I've been beating myself up since day one trying to try different setups, etc to make sure it wasn't just me.

Obviously, I don't wish to use the 360 or another console for this but just may have to.

guyver2077, Jan 9, 2014
  8. TopcowRaven
    TopcowRaven Guest

i feel the same way, i've also contacted twitter support as well. best we can do is raise awareness and increase its priority for a fix.

TopcowRaven, Jan 9, 2014
  9. ColinErven
    ColinErven Guest
    I'll keep commenting in these threads just to keep the visibility up. I purchased my Xbox one to be a media center like my 360 was, and what I got is something that doesn't support network browsing of local content and cannot play streaming video without
    dropping frames. Come on MS, let us know you're working on it.

ColinErven, Jan 13, 2014
  10. skotm
    skotm Guest
    My dvd's also stutter when watchign them on the xbox one. Just found this thread when I decided to look up the issue. I dont have a problem with netflix at all - infact its a perfect hi def audio and video picture.. Just my dvd's

skotm, Jan 14, 2014
  11. REKN0WNED1
    REKN0WNED1 Guest
    Valuthor...can you let us know the model of your TV? I have a Sharp tv and there a others that have the same brand and have this issue. It is driving me nuts because nothing else that I hook up to my TV has this stuttering / skipping frames issues except
    for the Xbox One. I am writing in these forums almost every day along with a lot of other users because of this issue and the lip sync issues with DVD and Blueray. If MS would just say yes we reproduced the issue and are working on a fix...even without an
    ETA I would be happy in knowing that it will be fixed as some point.

REKN0WNED1, Jan 14, 2014
  12. skotm
    skotm Guest
    I have a Panasonic VIERA TC-P42GT25 42-inch 1080p 3D Plasma HDTV.
    www.amazon.com/.../ref=wms_ohs_product

I also have teh 24v thing unchecked, never had it on.

I did clear my dvd/bue ray cache (if thats what its called) and it worked for one day, then back to stuttering -- unfortnetely I will not be able to get my wife to do that each time -- to her it shoud just work -- and well it doesnt.

skotm, Jan 17, 2014
  13. J BRIZZLE G
    J BRIZZLE G Guest

I also have playback issues. Worst Netflix and amazon instant experience ever. My 39 dollar raspberry pi plays back video better.

J BRIZZLE G, Jan 17, 2014
  14. sirgrant618
    sirgrant618 Guest
    Just bumping this up. I really wish they would fix this issue asap. Its painful to watch movies with friends.

sirgrant618, Jan 18, 2014
  15. BANE XX
    BANE XX Guest
    This is happening on all my streaming apps, if not all of the streaming apps: Netflix, Amazon Instant, Youtube, XLei. Lucky for me I have a PS3, and a Samsung SmartTv or I would be in trouble, but this is just annoying. This all began when I updated the
    console to the "New Experience". Please fix or give ETA as soon as possible.

BANE XX, Nov 1, 2018
  16. BANE XX Win User

This is happening on all my streaming apps, if not all of the streaming apps: Netflix, Amazon Instant, Youtube, XLei. Lucky for me I have a PS3, and a Samsung SmartTv or I would be in trouble, but this is just annoying. This all began when I updated the
    console to the "New Experience". Please fix or give ETA as soon as possible.
  17. sirgrant618 Win User

Just bumping this up. I really wish they would fix this issue asap. Its painful to watch movies with friends.
  18. skotm Win User

I have a Panasonic VIERA TC-P42GT25 42-inch 1080p 3D Plasma HDTV.
    www.amazon.com/.../ref=wms_ohs_product

I also have teh 24v thing unchecked, never had it on.

I did clear my dvd/bue ray cache (if thats what its called) and it worked for one day, then back to stuttering -- unfortnetely I will not be able to get my wife to do that each time -- to her it shoud just work -- and well it doesnt.
  19. J BRIZZLE G Win User

I also have playback issues. Worst Netflix and amazon instant experience ever. My 39 dollar raspberry pi plays back video better.
  20. ColinErven Win User

I'll keep commenting in these threads just to keep the visibility up. I purchased my Xbox one to be a media center like my 360 was, and what I got is something that doesn't support network browsing of local content and cannot play streaming video without
    dropping frames. Come on MS, let us know you're working on it.
Thema:

1. Video Streaming Apps- Poor Performance - Similar Threads - Video Streaming Apps

2. Xbox wireless headset cutting out when using streaming video on xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset cutting out when using streaming video on xbox one: My headset is cutting in and out (clipping) only when using streaming apps like YouTube, Netflix of Hulu. I've downloaded updates for the headset and reset them as well. This only happens on video...
  3. I use the xbox s to stream netflix. It starts to blink. Sound is not affected, only video.

in XBoX on Windows
    I use the xbox s to stream netflix. It starts to blink. Sound is not affected, only video.: I use the xbox s to stream netflix, amazon, hulu, max and disney. It is connected to a denon s740H and a samsung ks800D. after watching for about 30 or more minutes, the video from any streaming...
  4. Has anyone else experienced issues while gaming or streaming media where the video output...

in XBoX on Windows
    Has anyone else experienced issues while gaming or streaming media where the video output...: For additional context, I am using the Xbox Series X and my TV is a LG C1. Both have their most recent system updates. Apologies for the poor quality, but see image below for how the display...
  5. My friend had a video about something Wrong with Xbox Live stream.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My friend had a video about something Wrong with Xbox Live stream.: He had Live streaming allowed all ready and when he's on a game and tried to Stream It told him the same message to make sure to allow live streaming idk if this was a virus or not... [img]...
  6. Video Bug when Streaming from Xbox Series X to PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Video Bug when Streaming from Xbox Series X to PC: I have an Xbox Series X downstairs and my PC upstairs. Whenever I try to stream to my PC upstairs, the resolution is all messed up and looks like this. [img] This is obviously unplayable....
  7. Why can't I stream video on certain websites?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I stream video on certain websites?: I have Dish Anywhere as part of my subscription to Dish. Now normally It would be on my Android phone as an app. It has a cast option when I select a network to watch. Unfortunately casting is not...
  8. You can’t live stream while a video app is running, Xbox Series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    You can’t live stream while a video app is running, Xbox Series X: What I was doing earlier? There is an app called Twitch, which stream the game play and other activities we do on Xbox to https://twitch.tv website. With this app on Xbox, it was working...
  9. Microsoft edge not being able to stream video for too long

in XboX Insiders
    Microsoft edge not being able to stream video for too long: So I use micro edge for anime strictly, hardly use it for anything else but recently while watching any video it buffers or just crashes the app I’ve tried different...
  10. Unable to stream any video app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to stream any video app: Hi there, In the last few weeks I have been unable to stream any of my video apps. Such as Amazon Prime, Netflix, Sky Go. It will play for a few seconds and then lock up the xbox meaning i have...