Video on streaming apps keeps freezing

Discus and support Video on streaming apps keeps freezing in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I’ve been running into a ton of issues with most of the major streaming apps and was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this or know of the cause... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by The Sticky Emu, Sep 8, 2022.

1. Video on streaming apps keeps freezing

I’ve been running into a ton of issues with most of the major streaming apps and was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this or know of the cause and fix. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated as it’s driving my wife and I nuts.

**What system?** Xbox Series S

**What TV?** LG CX Oled (believe the 2020 model)

**What’s happening?** The video in streaming apps locks up but the audio continues to play normally. This is occurring on all the major streaming apps we use regularly: HBO Max, Disney+, Netflix, and Prime Video.

**When did the issue start occurring**: About a month ago give or take.

**Steps taken to resolve**:

* Restart Xbox.

* Reset tv picture settings to default (notably instant game response as that sometimes causes issues for me)

* Confirm tv is on latest firmware

**Any workarounds?** Not really. I can back out of the video to the streaming app’s home page then relaunch the movie/show. The issue usually happens again about 10-15 minutes later.

Any help would be appreciated. The series s is our main living room streaming machine and it’s become little more than a paperweight due to this issue. ��

:)

The Sticky Emu, Sep 8, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this The

Sorry to hear that, may I know if what did you tried so far to fix this? (Besides the troubleshooting steps described in your post)
    In that way I can advise you different things or how to proceed.

In the meantime, how did you restarted your console?
    Are you using an insider build / beta OS in your device?
  3. SILVERWOLF1514 Win User

unable to stream xbox to laptop using xbox console companion

Yes, streaming games. Did stream test and everything was/is ok. Xbox is wired, tried laptop on both 2.4G and 5G WIFI both work the same. Like I said I can start to stream (game) but if minimize app, close app, open something else or even use the keyboard
    to type the video freezes and I can only unfreeze it by restarting my xbox but on my old laptop (HP notebook) the video never froze. The new laptop is a MSI.
  4. rune 1973 Win User

YouTube stops shortly into a video

ime getting the same problem every other video works including internet app they work perfect but videos on youtube app keep freezing all of a sudden i dont know what is happening
  5. VORTMAX 36 Win User

Netflix freezes, console restarts

Same here! It has happened while streaming video on the Amazon app and also while streaming using the ESPN app. Freezes and then shuts down. Sometimes it happens after a few seconds or at other times it's after several minutes. No rhyme or reason to it.
    And the console is not running hot so I don't know what the problem is.
  6. VORTMAX 36 Win User

Xbox One Shuts Off While Streaming

Same here! It has happened while streaming video on the Amazon app and also while streaming using the ESPN app. Freezes and then shuts down. Sometimes it happens after a few seconds or at other times it's after several minutes. No rhyme or reason to it.
    And the console is not running hot so I don't know what the problem is.
Thema:

1. Video on streaming apps keeps freezing - Similar Threads - Video streaming apps

2. When streaming anything (Hulu, DIsney+, MAX, Paramount+, etc.) there is significant video...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When streaming anything (Hulu, DIsney+, MAX, Paramount+, etc.) there is significant video...: I know this isn't a network issue as we have tested the modem connection (both upload and download), and have streamed things from laptops and phones. They don't appear to be the issue. We have...
  3. Xbox wireless headset cutting out when using streaming video on xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset cutting out when using streaming video on xbox one: My headset is cutting in and out (clipping) only when using streaming apps like YouTube, Netflix of Hulu. I've downloaded updates for the headset and reset them as well. This only happens on video...
  4. I use the xbox s to stream netflix. It starts to blink. Sound is not affected, only video.

in XBoX on Windows
    I use the xbox s to stream netflix. It starts to blink. Sound is not affected, only video.: I use the xbox s to stream netflix, amazon, hulu, max and disney. It is connected to a denon s740H and a samsung ks800D. after watching for about 30 or more minutes, the video from any streaming...
  5. Has anyone else experienced issues while gaming or streaming media where the video output...

in XBoX on Windows
    Has anyone else experienced issues while gaming or streaming media where the video output...: For additional context, I am using the Xbox Series X and my TV is a LG C1. Both have their most recent system updates. Apologies for the poor quality, but see image below for how the display...
  6. My friend had a video about something Wrong with Xbox Live stream.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My friend had a video about something Wrong with Xbox Live stream.: He had Live streaming allowed all ready and when he's on a game and tried to Stream It told him the same message to make sure to allow live streaming idk if this was a virus or not... [img]...
  7. Video Bug when Streaming from Xbox Series X to PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Video Bug when Streaming from Xbox Series X to PC: I have an Xbox Series X downstairs and my PC upstairs. Whenever I try to stream to my PC upstairs, the resolution is all messed up and looks like this. [img] This is obviously unplayable....
  8. Why can't I stream video on certain websites?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I stream video on certain websites?: I have Dish Anywhere as part of my subscription to Dish. Now normally It would be on my Android phone as an app. It has a cast option when I select a network to watch. Unfortunately casting is not...
  9. You can’t live stream while a video app is running, Xbox Series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    You can’t live stream while a video app is running, Xbox Series X: What I was doing earlier? There is an app called Twitch, which stream the game play and other activities we do on Xbox to https://twitch.tv website. With this app on Xbox, it was working...
  10. Unable to stream any video app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to stream any video app: Hi there, In the last few weeks I have been unable to stream any of my video apps. Such as Amazon Prime, Netflix, Sky Go. It will play for a few seconds and then lock up the xbox meaning i have...