Video captures not showing whole video

Discus and support Video captures not showing whole video in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; When I record the last 30 seconds of gameplay, a majority of the time it only records about 14-24 seconds. On top of this for the past 2 months if I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by QuietFawn898751, Mar 11, 2023.

1. Video captures not showing whole video

When I record the last 30 seconds of gameplay, a majority of the time it only records about 14-24 seconds. On top of this for the past 2 months if I try to go back and view a recording, even if just from just a few hours earlier, the “video” is now just the thumbnail with the audio playing over it. I’ve tried wiping all my videos from console and network multiple times, restarted console/hard resets and adjusted recording settings (length, quality, instant upload/manual), even adjusted power settings from instant on to power save. All of my recordings in the past month are entirely useless now. What can I do?

:)

QuietFawn898751, Mar 11, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

I am positive that it will work normally now.
  3. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

We will follow the steps on this link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/games-apps/...

"First please follow this:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

2. Select System > Settings > Preferences.

3. Under Capture & share, please choose don't allow game captures

Then we will powercycle:

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off.

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller.

Lastly, Allow the game captures again:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

2. Select System > Settings > Preferences.

3. Under Capture & share, please choose allow game captures"
  4. QuietFawn898751 Win User

Right now it’s seeming to be fine but it’s temporarily worked intermittently before
  5. Ariel Acu Win User

Game dvr not saving clips?

Hi TriedBasket635,

By default, the video clips that you captured are saved to the Captures folder which is located in the Videos folder. Regarding your concern, it is possible that the video clips weren't captured successfully that's why it doesn't show up on the Captures
    folder. Can you tell us if you're getting the same issue if you record another game clips on your game? Also, is your Windows 10 updated?
  6. lllWormWoodlll Win User

My Xbox Game Bar won't open

Hi, you may need to delete some old videos.. hit your Xbox button, tab over to capture & share, click recent captures, show all, and delete some of your old videos... hope this helps..
Thema:

1. Video captures not showing whole video - Similar Threads - Video captures showing

2. My Xbox One S doesn’t record videos at all.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One S doesn’t record videos at all.: Yes it does start recording, but before I get to that I must add this was an issue on my Xbox One prior to the Xbox One S, it happened day one when I got the Xbox One S but had been an issue for...
  3. Why is xbox series x deleting my captured videos after 1 day!?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is xbox series x deleting my captured videos after 1 day!?: I just brought a new series x, and have been taking captures the last 5 days. Ive capture over 300 videos and screenshots but I only see 77. I have looked everywhere. why are my videos after 24...
  4. I deleted the videos from the Capture Folder directly and now the gallery is bugged. Need...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I deleted the videos from the Capture Folder directly and now the gallery is bugged. Need...: I can't upload a screenshot but basically I deleted the videos from the Captures folder but it is still there in the gallery, I cannot delete it or view it , it is just there. Also, the new videos...
  5. Screen capture videos on age of empire 4 save in inverted/negative colours?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Screen capture videos on age of empire 4 save in inverted/negative colours?: When I record screen capture videos on age of empire 4 it only saves in strange colours ie negative colour scheme. It does not do this on other games. I have had a look at the settings but...
  6. Windows Game Bar Video Has No Sound - Audio Capturing was set to "All"

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Game Bar Video Has No Sound - Audio Capturing was set to "All": Hello, I am using Windows 11 and took a video using Windows Game Bar. I could hear audio the entire time I took the capture, and capturing settings were set to "All" yet the video has no sound....
  7. New way of uploading captured video clips to the network/cloud on Xbox NOT WELL IMPLEMENTED

in XboX Insiders
    New way of uploading captured video clips to the network/cloud on Xbox NOT WELL IMPLEMENTED: Previously, uploading videos to the cloud only occupied 1/3 of the screen, and once you confirm your upload, you get notified that your video is being uploaded, and there, you can either upload a...
  8. Why will my consul not allow video capture for Demon Slayer Hinokami Chronicles

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why will my consul not allow video capture for Demon Slayer Hinokami Chronicles: Previously I had no issue recording video or taking screenshots from this game, after the recent update I am no longer able to capture video as it states that capturing is disabled and the game...
  9. [Idea] Adding Voice to Xbox Video Capture - Taking a Cue from the PS5!

in XboX Insiders
    [Idea] Adding Voice to Xbox Video Capture - Taking a Cue from the PS5!: Hello, I hope you're all having a fantastic day in the virtual realms. Today, I want to discuss something that has been on my mind lately: the ability to add voice to video captures on Xbox,...
  10. Captures won't transfer to usb. And after trimming a video, the preview option does not work.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Captures won't transfer to usb. And after trimming a video, the preview option does not work.: i have formatted my usb twice. When i transfer my captures its not there. The app on Xbox that shows all usbs keeps saying i need to sign in, even though I already am. After trimming a video id...