Video Bandwidth Problem - But Passed "Very High" speed test

Discus and support Video Bandwidth Problem - But Passed "Very High" speed test in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have my PC and XBOX on a wired GigaByte connection and my PC Win 10 XBox App passed all connection test up to "Very High" using the latest XBOX APP... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ZForce 2099, Feb 29, 2016.

1. ZForce 2099
    ZForce 2099 Guest

I have my PC and XBOX on a wired GigaByte connection and my PC Win 10 XBox App passed all connection test up to "Very High" using the latest XBOX APP Version "14.something.something.something" - I uploaded the latest version 2 days ago. I also turned off
    the PC XBOX DVR Recording setting. For playing XBOX GAMES, I plugged in my wireless XBOX ONE controller into my USB port in my computer using a USB cable. When playing games like Pinball FX2, I experience video lag where when the ball moves, the flipper action
    I make is delayed, which makes Pinball FX2 unplayable, because of the video lag (I can't move the flipper fast enough when the ball comes near the flipper). I also experienced video lag in Word of Tanks, where I would move my tank and a second or two later,
    I would see my tank react to my movements I made on my controller. - I don't know if my XBOX ONE has a CAT 6 LAN cable connected to it, but I have a Gigabyte Network SWITCH and my other LAN PC cable is a CAT 6 cable. The "XBOX LAN Cable" is the only thing
    I can think that might be the problem, but as I stated earlier, the XBOX APP SPEED TEST passed all connections up to an including the "Very High" network speed setting and I set my speed to that setting. I even tried the "Medium" speed setting and the same
    thing happened. I'm not sure using network tools like "PsPing" will help me find the problem. If I do have a network problem, like a slow CAT 5 or CAT 5e network cable attached to my XBOX ONE, why does the XBOX APP Speed Test indicate I have NO PROBLEM. -
    - Any advice and/or help is greatly appreciated. - Thanks.

:)

ZForce 2099, Feb 29, 2016
  2. IceStorm III
    IceStorm III Guest
    Internet options for xbox live?

[quote user="Chico5442"]I was thinking about trying a satellite company or try Verizon mobile broadband but does anyone know if this will be fast enough.[/quote]Satellite should be fast enough. Your problem will be latency. Latency won't matter much for
    downloads and streaming, but multiplayer gaming is right out.
    Mobile broadband will have lower latency than satellite, but lower bandwidth. Having said that, the latency's still pretty high
    (200ms or so).

You could mix and match - use satellite for streaming video and downloading DLC and content, then switch to mobile broadband for gaming.

IceStorm III, Feb 29, 2016
  3. magicalclick
    magicalclick Guest
    Does the XoX have Move Engines?

They emulate the ESRAM using the high bandwidth GDDR5. And since the bandwidth is very high, the performance is basically the same.

=== God is great, mTalk is good, people are crazy... ===

magicalclick, Feb 29, 2016
  4. Bestlano
    Bestlano Guest

Hi Zforce, Thanks for sharing your feedback. What specific app are you using to test your speed?

Thanks,

Best

Bestlano, Feb 29, 2016
  5. ZForce 2099
    ZForce 2099 Guest
    The Window 10 XBOX APP SPEED TEST that indicates if you qualify for all for speeds: LOW, MEDIUM, HIGH, VERY HIGH. - from my post: - "... the XBOX APP SPEED TEST passed all connections up to an including the "Very High" network speed setting and I set my
    speed to that setting. I even tried the "Medium" speed setting and the same thing happened."

ZForce 2099, Feb 29, 2016
  6. Bestlano
    Bestlano Guest
    Hi ZForce, I don't have any helpful advice as to why the speed test says things are good but your still experiencing lag but I will report this to the developers. If we have further questions we will contact you.

Thanks,

Best

Bestlano, Nov 2, 2018
  7. ZForce 2099 Win User

The Window 10 XBOX APP SPEED TEST that indicates if you qualify for all for speeds: LOW, MEDIUM, HIGH, VERY HIGH. - from my post: - "... the XBOX APP SPEED TEST passed all connections up to an including the "Very High" network speed setting and I set my
    speed to that setting. I even tried the "Medium" speed setting and the same thing happened."
  8. Bestlano Win User

Hi Zforce, Thanks for sharing your feedback. What specific app are you using to test your speed?

Thanks,

Best
  9. Bestlano Win User

Hi ZForce, I don't have any helpful advice as to why the speed test says things are good but your still experiencing lag but I will report this to the developers. If we have further questions we will contact you.

Thanks,

Best
  10. SwordofWhedon Win User

Xbox series x download speed

Speed test is not indicative of what a remote server will actually serve you. Gigabit Internet is designed for large families simultaneously streaming video, playing games and such. Very very very few online services will feed you that kind of bandwidth. Typically there’s a cap somewhere in the 2 to 300 Mbps Range
  11. Falkon(2) Win User

I can't watch Videos With out Loading 23 times.

YouTube and Netflix could require much less bandwidth than a HD video via Xbox Home. I've never had streaming issues with videos on my Xbox, so it sounds like bandwidth is your problem.

-

The speed test is simple to run - just click this link
    http://www.speedtest.net/
    , click begin test and post your results.

I just ran it and the results were Ping:11ms, D/L:12.48Mbps, U/L:0.96Mbps.
Thema:

1. Video Bandwidth Problem - But Passed "Very High" speed test - Similar Threads - Video Bandwidth Problem

2. How do I get past the aspect ratio/ length part on the ai video editor on clipchamp?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I get past the aspect ratio/ length part on the ai video editor on clipchamp?: Hey, only just gone on to use the new Ai video editor and was really intrigued to find out how well it would do a video I needed doing. I put in one of my videos I needed editing and was all fine...
  3. My Xbox One S doesn’t record videos at all.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One S doesn’t record videos at all.: Yes it does start recording, but before I get to that I must add this was an issue on my Xbox One prior to the Xbox One S, it happened day one when I got the Xbox One S but had been an issue for...
  4. audio but no video with remote play on pc

in XboX Insiders
    audio but no video with remote play on pc: been trying to use remote play on my laptop from my series s but all i get is the audio from my game with no video. Tried with my phone and worked perfectly. I've tried closing and reopening,...
  5. Xbox Series X Recording End Error - Unfinished Video Clip

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Recording End Error - Unfinished Video Clip: Hi, I record many clips through my Xbox Series X (1080p) using external usb 3.0 hard disk. After recording many videos it started recording but not completing the file. This is happening every 3-4...
  6. Xbox Game Bar doesn’t record full screen video. There is black bars all around the gameplay...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Game Bar doesn’t record full screen video. There is black bars all around the gameplay...: I'm using Xbox APP from my Laptop to remoe play from my Xbox Series X console. I make gameplay videos. After recording Hundred videos, I've noticed none of my videos are full screen. All videos...
  7. When streaming anything (Hulu, DIsney+, MAX, Paramount+, etc.) there is significant video...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When streaming anything (Hulu, DIsney+, MAX, Paramount+, etc.) there is significant video...: I know this isn't a network issue as we have tested the modem connection (both upload and download), and have streamed things from laptops and phones. They don't appear to be the issue. We have...
  8. Why is xbox series x deleting my captured videos after 1 day!?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is xbox series x deleting my captured videos after 1 day!?: I just brought a new series x, and have been taking captures the last 5 days. Ive capture over 300 videos and screenshots but I only see 77. I have looked everywhere. why are my videos after 24...
  9. Stuttering live TV video and absurd bandwidth usage

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Stuttering live TV video and absurd bandwidth usage: I am having a strange issue. I have an external hard drive attached to my One, and after 5 minutes of the console being turned on, my HHD indicator lights solid, my entire internet is maxed out by...
  10. Stuttering live TV video and absurd bandwidth usage

in XBoX on Consoles
    Stuttering live TV video and absurd bandwidth usage: I am having a weird issue. I have an external hard drive attached to my One, and after 5 minutes of the console being turned on, my HHD indicator lights solid, my entire internet is maxed out by...