Very slow download speed, rubbish customer service, wish I'd bought a PS4

Discus and support Very slow download speed, rubbish customer service, wish I'd bought a PS4 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Plugged in brand new xbox one s on Thursday evening for first time expecting to be able to play Halo 5 out of the box. For £230 plus cost of game I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ManlyCrowd44, Mar 24, 2018.

1. ManlyCrowd44
    ManlyCrowd44 Guest

Plugged in brand new xbox one s on Thursday evening for first time expecting to be able to play Halo 5 out of the box. For £230 plus cost of game I don't think that's unreasonable. No chance of any of that though. Took all evening to download console
    update. Have been trying to download enormous Halo 5 update file since. Still not 50% done. Having tried to speed up myself I went online this morning but was cut off after 25 minutes of chat and a few attempts to speed up. Then waited 37 minutes for an
    answer on phone support. Eventual answer was that it's my ISP's fault and I should suck it up. Have owned original XBox and three 360's (two died with RROD) so feel ripped off by Microsoft enough already. Now this. Am bitterly disappointed and unhappy.
    Wish I'd bought a PS4 now.

:)

ManlyCrowd44, Mar 24, 2018
  2. Me-2K
    Me-2K Guest
    Very Very Slow Download Speed

My download speed on my pc is 43 mbps with my xbox off. With it on it's 27 mbps. The download speed on the xbox is normally 3 mbps. The internet will slow way down on the Ipad but when I turn it off then it's fine. I've never had this problem until Feb.
    2015 and i've been using this set up for over a year. Haven't added or taken away any devices.

What the freak is the problem????

Me-2K, Mar 24, 2018
  3. Tg Tomahawk
    Tg Tomahawk Guest
    Very Slow Download Speeds

I have this too, I'm downloading GTA San Andreas an I'm at 16% in 3 hours I think it's because I'm downloading it to a hard drive. But when I try to change the storage unit it won't work.

Tg Tomahawk, Mar 24, 2018
  4. J.R.G.
    J.R.G. Guest

The PS4 needs updates as well. Unfortunately, if you have slow internet, Sony and Microsoft do not make a console for you. Possibly the Nintendo Switch is a option for you.

If it took you "all evening" to download the initial console update, around 3Gb I believe, your in for a bad experience.

J.R.G., Mar 24, 2018
  5. MXT000
    MXT000 Guest
    I'm with you. It does seem that Xbox consoles just wither and die quite regularly. I have been told today that, despite years of loyalty, the ONLY thing they are prepared to do is replace my console at £80+, which of course Microsoft will profit from.

I am pretty hurt and out out by this. All of my friends have now switched to Sony and don't seem to have any hardware problems.

I'm not sure what to do myself.

MXT000, Mar 25, 2018
  6. smileskybird
    smileskybird Guest
    You've owned original xbox and 3 xbox 360's?? How come your Gamerscore is so low?? I got Xbox 360 late 2010 and have used on profile and have over 10k Gamerscore.

What's your ISP and download and upload speed? I live in a tiny commonwealth English country called NZ next to Australia, and Vodafone NZ is here and get 100mb/s download and 10mb/s upload speed. It means I can upload YouTube Full HD videos to YouTube quickly.

There is very little difference between the original and s Xbox One models. However the X model is the most powerful console currently on the market (Xbox One X). Did you buy your console from an authorized retailer, or did you go cheap and buy it second
    hand. Buying new gives you peace of mind with a 12 month manufacturer warranty. But you need good internet as that helps a lot.

I used to own a PS4 Pro for a few months. And honestly, PSN aren't that much better than XBL servers. XBL has more servers. It also depends if you live in a rural area, small town or city. I live in a city. You tend to get better service if you live in the
    city.

smileskybird, Mar 25, 2018
  7. Farscape247
    Farscape247 Guest
    this will be down to either poor isp connection speed or wifi or both, halo 5 on disc is approx 58GB when launched, the install is now around 104GB with all the added free content, so that is a substantial amount to download while installing, welcome to
    modern gaming where everything will need huge updates, this is the same as ps4 as i own both.

Farscape247, Mar 26, 2018
  8. Very slow download speed, rubbish customer service, wish I'd bought a PS4

I have a xbox one s and halo 5 on disc . I would get the disc version of this game install it offline that way you can skip the update . I did this before on my xbox one s.

CartopBonsai699, Nov 1, 2018
  9. MXT000 Win User

I'm with you. It does seem that Xbox consoles just wither and die quite regularly. I have been told today that, despite years of loyalty, the ONLY thing they are prepared to do is replace my console at £80+, which of course Microsoft will profit from.

I am pretty hurt and out out by this. All of my friends have now switched to Sony and don't seem to have any hardware problems.

I'm not sure what to do myself.
  10. Farscape247 Win User

this will be down to either poor isp connection speed or wifi or both, halo 5 on disc is approx 58GB when launched, the install is now around 104GB with all the added free content, so that is a substantial amount to download while installing, welcome to
    modern gaming where everything will need huge updates, this is the same as ps4 as i own both.
  11. smileskybird Win User

You've owned original xbox and 3 xbox 360's?? How come your Gamerscore is so low?? I got Xbox 360 late 2010 and have used on profile and have over 10k Gamerscore.

What's your ISP and download and upload speed? I live in a tiny commonwealth English country called NZ next to Australia, and Vodafone NZ is here and get 100mb/s download and 10mb/s upload speed. It means I can upload YouTube Full HD videos to YouTube quickly.

There is very little difference between the original and s Xbox One models. However the X model is the most powerful console currently on the market (Xbox One X). Did you buy your console from an authorized retailer, or did you go cheap and buy it second
    hand. Buying new gives you peace of mind with a 12 month manufacturer warranty. But you need good internet as that helps a lot.

I used to own a PS4 Pro for a few months. And honestly, PSN aren't that much better than XBL servers. XBL has more servers. It also depends if you live in a rural area, small town or city. I live in a city. You tend to get better service if you live in the
    city.
  12. CartopBonsai699 Win User

I have a xbox one s and halo 5 on disc . I would get the disc version of this game install it offline that way you can skip the update . I did this before on my xbox one s.
  13. J.R.G. Win User

The PS4 needs updates as well. Unfortunately, if you have slow internet, Sony and Microsoft do not make a console for you. Possibly the Nintendo Switch is a option for you.

If it took you "all evening" to download the initial console update, around 3Gb I believe, your in for a bad experience.
Thema:

1. Very slow download speed, rubbish customer service, wish I'd bought a PS4 - Similar Threads - Very slow download

2. Xbox one X - endlessly loading on start up, freezing randomly, very slow, games will not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X - endlessly loading on start up, freezing randomly, very slow, games will not...: My Xbox will sometimes continuously load on the start up screen for 10-20 minutes maybe more or just won’t load at all. After resetting it multiple times and unplugging it will still sometimes do...
  3. Microsoft Xbox games download is VERY VERY SLOW

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Xbox games download is VERY VERY SLOW: XBOX App for win10/11 still downloading slow ******* I have tried the following fixes: ************ Uninstall the Xbox app through App Settings 1. Open the Settings on your computer by...
  4. Microsoft Xbox games download is VERY VERY SLOW

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Xbox games download is VERY VERY SLOW: Hello, I'm trying to download some games I bought via the Xbox application but the download is really slow. I have a 1GB/s fiber connection, I've checked all the settings and everything is...
  5. Fortnite cloud gaming on PC is very slow and laggy yet works fine on mobile. Any idea why??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fortnite cloud gaming on PC is very slow and laggy yet works fine on mobile. Any idea why??: Fortnite cloud gaming on PC is very slow and laggy yet works fine on mobile. Any idea why?? 3255d2d3-4bae-4eb3-88f6-fd4dc4c9b95c
  6. very slow download speed - xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    very slow download speed - xbox app: just awful, i have tried every single suggestion on the forums nothing helped, i'm never buying anything XBOX or GAME PASS ever again. i got high end pc, router 300mb, every available update,...
  7. How to fix very slow XBOX one S after update?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix very slow XBOX one S after update?: I updated my Xbox a couple of days ago and since then it has been pretty much unusable as it has been so slow. It takes more than five minutes to load from the green screen. Then another few...
  8. Xbox suddenly doesn't download, open apps and is very slow

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox suddenly doesn't download, open apps and is very slow: So ive tried hard reset and even did a factory reset last night, I was able to download one game from that but this morning it's exactly back to how it was... All downloads just sit in queue and...
  9. Sometimes my laptop is very slow for seemingly no reason

in XBoX on Windows
    Sometimes my laptop is very slow for seemingly no reason: Normally my laptop runs great. No issues at all, but there are times when I restart my laptop and it will run extremely slow, I use it primarily for video games, so I will be playing a agame, and...
  10. Download slows to a very slow speed and stops every few seconds

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Download slows to a very slow speed and stops every few seconds: In the past couple of days I've been trying to install Ark: Survival Evolved on the Microsoft Store, but my download speed will start decreasing rapidly and eventually it will stop the download...