Very Disappointed With Xbox One Controller Quality

Discus and support Very Disappointed With Xbox One Controller Quality in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I bought my Xbox One exactly two weeks ago, and my controller that came with the console is already falling apart. Yesterday I noticed a clicking... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TylerLiers, Jan 7, 2014.

1. TylerLiers
    TylerLiers Guest

So I bought my Xbox One exactly two weeks ago, and my controller that came with the console is already falling apart. Yesterday I noticed a clicking noise coming from my left analog stick. It occurs when the stick is pushed in and rotated. It feels like
    it is grinding against something inside the controller and sometimes becomes unresponsive in game. The whole left side of my controller seems to be creaking when pressure is applied to it, while the right side is fine. Also my left bumper appears to be unresponsive
    at times. This happens sparsely, but is definitely noticeable. So naturally after noticing these issues, I started examining my controller closer. It looks like the front and back plates of the xbox one controller is just glued together with some sort of
    epoxy because I noticed some white gunk started to come out of the cracks where the back and front plates of the controller meet. Has anyone else noticed the epoxy as well or can confirm this for me? Is it Microsoft that gypped me for this "$60" controller?
    Or the gamestop store from which it was purchased? Any sort of insight would be appreciated, as I am extremely frustrated that I spent 500 dollars on this console when the controller hasn't even lasted two weeks for me. At first, I liked the grip on the
    analog stick as they seemed as if they would be durable, but now I realized that the whole structure of the controller is about as sturdy as an N64 controller. And we all know how many freaking n64 controllers everyone has been through.

Thanks...I guess

:)

TylerLiers, Jan 7, 2014
  2. lostriver70
    lostriver70 Guest
    Controller Menu Button Not Working / MS support site not working / Very disappointed on Christmas morning

The menu button is inoperable on our brand new Xbox One controller making playing most games very difficult.

I'm unable to find any support number, the chat line is a 116min wait, and the online support workflow breaks with an error message when I select the "other" option.

I have two very disappointed kids on Christmas morning and am myself very disappointed with Microsoft's lack of quality control and inability to effectively provide technical support. This is NOT what I expected after spending $500 for an "upgrade" to the

lostriver70, Jan 7, 2014
  3. shaun0121b5
    shaun0121b5 Guest
    My Xbox one dont

as any one else purchased an Xbox one x and got it home, plug it in and the bloody thing don’t work. I’m very disappointed with Microsoft’s Quality control. £449.99 for a console that don’t work.

shaun0121b5, Jan 7, 2014
  4. BusGod
    BusGod Guest

Hi,

I would recommend you start a service claim to replace your controller. Mine are fine, I have a Day one and another- they both feel great and have had no problems.

You can start your request here at the Xbox online Service page:
    myservice.xbox.com/.../Welcome.aspx

BusGod, Jan 7, 2014
  5. CMUchippewa
    CMUchippewa Guest
    My controller feels solid and it is a Day One Edition. I've heard that people are saying the controllers are poor, but unfortunately there are going to be bad apples in the bunch. Register your console and get your controller replaced.

CMUchippewa, Jan 8, 2014
  6. The Xbox One controller feels flimsy and of poor quality. Furthermore the texture of it is terrible,

Robborboy-BA59BA8C-A236-4F65-AFF6-358540A3FA7E, Jan 17, 2014
  7. Randy Bobandy x, Jan 23, 2014
  8. Veato
    Veato Guest

Have a look at my blog where I've embedded a video of the issue also (planet-.blogspot.co.uk/.../is-there-problem-with-xbox-one.html). There
    is an issue with the controllers and on two I've had the same problem with the left analog stick. It could be that my two replacements also have the issue but I haven't played much FIFA since having them replaced.

Veato, Jan 23, 2014
  9. The Xbox One controllers are the worst design, very poorly manufactured with cheap materials. I'm now on my 5th controller, (My Day One controller lasted just three days) through the left stick failing. I play Fifa, I play Fifa a lot, like 5 hours a day,
    the controller was obviously not tested on this game, because the left stick is used constant. At the first the controllers start to grind at 11 and 2 o'clock positions, after a few days, then these areas become unresponsive, and the controller fails. Thankfully
    my GAME store know of this problem, so its just not me. Microsoft need to sort this out, and quick, I wish I could use my 360 controllers!!!

xCAPT HAN SOLOx, Jan 23, 2014
  10. Sal O
    Sal O Guest
    For me the only issue is the lack of exposed screws, now after use there is give at the seems and there is nothing you can do about it.

Sal O, Jan 24, 2014
  11. BusGod
    BusGod Guest
    BusGod, Jan 24, 2014
  12. ChainedBlue
    ChainedBlue Guest
    These controllers are quite possibly the cheapest controllers I have ever used in my entire life, and I'm not exaggerating. For being first party controllers, these are despicable. I have never had a broken controller for any console I have ever owned.
    I am very gentle with my electronics but these controllers feel like they're breaking within weeks of owning them and I only play 1-2 hours a day.

First of all, when I was playing CoD, it kept feeling like the conroller was flexing whenever I was pressing the right thumbstick, I was examining the controller and realized that the panels on the sides are loose and flex in when pressed. I guess these
    cover up the screw holes maybe? Regardless, its very annoying when you are playing a game and it feels like the controller is caving in. I never had a problem with any 360 controller.

I bought a second controller from another retailer and it also had the same issue.

Another problem is the triggers feel different from one controller to another. Another issue is if you just tap the edge of the controller you can feel the vibration go through the whole controller, it feels like its mostly hollow with cheap metal inside.
    But only one controller does this and the other doesn't.

Another issue is the analog sticks wear out very quickly. After just a few days of use, the rubber on the analog stick (not the thumb area but the stick part of the analog under the thumb area) started to wear out and plastic dust was all under the thumb
    area, again very cheap materials. The 360 had this issue but it was much less.

The quality control is very inconsistent from one controller to another. This last weekend I used my older 360 controller (2 years old with much more use) and its build quality is miles ahead of the One's controller.

ChainedBlue, Jan 28, 2014
  13. Very Disappointed With Xbox One Controller Quality

Mine keeps disconnecting (it is not battery issue). Light blinks and it comes up saying reconnect for no reason. So sight line issue or any reason I can tell for the problem. Chat swaps from headset to TV when this happens also and then back again when
    it reconnects on its own. Never had these issues with 360.

Zymergy-68F29ED9-309E-4851-B732-77F48924905B, Jan 29, 2014
  14. Both my controllers have loose left analog sticks. I want to be happy about buying an xbox one, but the quality of the product is making it difficult. I don't want to pay for shipping back to Microsoft for a product that they messed up. I hate to say
    it, but I am starting to wish I had gotten a PS4. I could have had a PS4 and two games from amazon for the price of the Xbox One.

IsaiahBarnfield, Jan 31, 2014
  15. Ive noticed a creaking on one side of my controller. The other side feels nice and tight, but when I play forza the loose side makes such a racket when theres vibration.

SGT MacMillan, Jan 31, 2014
Thema:

1. Very Disappointed With Xbox One Controller Quality - Similar Threads - Very Disappointed Controller

2. My speakers are very quiet

in XBoX on Consoles
    My speakers are very quiet: I recently bought a pair of surf onn speakers and they are very quiet. I have them plugged into my controller because my monitor has not audio output i have look throughout the settings and cant...
  3. Microsoft ultimate word games answer to 6/3/2024 very funny

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft ultimate word games answer to 6/3/2024 very funny: Microsoft ultimate word games answer to 6/3/2024 very funny 07ce3447-e72a-45b0-81a6-ef390f0e0922
  4. My Party chat is very choppy and I can’t hear party chat

in XboX Insiders
    My Party chat is very choppy and I can’t hear party chat: I can’t hear anything in party chat and can’t communicate as everything is way too choppy. I tried buying a new headset trying a different controller, my NAT Type is good. I haven’t tried a new...
  5. Happening now tab is very bad but that’s not the worst problem!

in XboX Insiders
    Happening now tab is very bad but that’s not the worst problem!: Nobody is talking about how the friends in games tab is completely gone now. I used this a lot to quickly see which friends were on what games and now my whole experience has been downgraded...
  6. My xbox gets very loud while being in the main menu/lobby of call of duty

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox gets very loud while being in the main menu/lobby of call of duty: My xbox gets very loud when im in the main menu/lobby of call of duty, but when i go into a game it goes full silent. I recently cleaned my xbox so there is no dust in it and call of duty is the...
  7. If I put the left stick up in the left corner then it won’t click. This is very bad because...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I put the left stick up in the left corner then it won’t click. This is very bad because...: If I put the left stick up in the left corner then it won’t click. This is very bad because I play siege and I need it to aim. Do I send it back for it to be fixed or is there a way I can fix it...
  8. Unable to complete setup on phone still.. this is very frustrating! The code I enter is...

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to complete setup on phone still.. this is very frustrating! The code I enter is...: Unable to complete setup on phone still.. this is very frustrating! The code I enter is 100% right! Me as well as many others have this same issue. Trying to setup Xbox series s with my galaxy...
  9. I'm very disappointed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm very disappointed: Last week I posted a question regarding my sudden inability to use the Game Bar. I received an answer asking that I provide additional information which I immediately did. Since which time I have...
  10. Will xbox x ever play guitar hero games?? Some of my favorites, and very disappointed to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will xbox x ever play guitar hero games?? Some of my favorites, and very disappointed to...: Some of my favorites, and very disappointed to find put I can't play them on Xbox x! e314ee1d-f95c-4d5a-b79b-6abd832dcac2