Very Confusing Graphical Problems (Xbox One S)

Discus and support Very Confusing Graphical Problems (Xbox One S) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I’d like to begin by saying I’m not too familiar with how tech stuff works, however, the problems with this Xbox seem unusual. My friend had gotten... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Cob820, Feb 23, 2023.

1. Cob820
    Cob820 Guest

I’d like to begin by saying I’m not too familiar with how tech stuff works, however, the problems with this Xbox seem unusual.

My friend had gotten this Xbox for Christmas a while back. Immediately he had issues with it, but his family is rich so they just bought him a new one. He had no use to it so a few years later he gave it to me.

Problems: As I previously have said, I’m not a tech person so I’ve tried to look at the forums and see if there’s any people having similar issues but cannot find any. I tried doing a soft reset, but this did not work. These problems are consistently inconsistent, but they are purely visual errors. With watching videos, if it is a clip on the Xbox Network, it runs perfectly with no visual errors; if it is a movie on a disc, it runs perfectly fine; if it is Youtube, however, there are massive visual errors. (Forgive me, for I do not know exactly how to describe such errors, but I’ll try my best.) Portions of the screen will be the wrong color, making it very hard to see the video. I have not seen this type of visual error happen on any other way on this Xbox, purely just on Youtube. For gaming, this Xbox One S runs better than my Xbox One in terms of frame rate and such, but has different issues on different games. I do not have many games on this Xbox, but from what I can tell the difference in errors is different depending on whether the game is on a disc or if it’s completely digital. The two games I’ve tested this with are Apex Legends (digital) and Elden Ring (disc). Apex Legends has an entirely different visual error than Youtube does, on Apex the different textures on the map and characters and everything have these lines jutting out of them stretching in two directions infinitely. For Elden Ring, there is one small square on the screen that is a slightly different color (not as extreme as how it is on Youtube).

While going through the settings on the Xbox (trying to see if there was anything that could make the problems better), there was also a slight flicker to the screen, but not the whole screen. What I mean by this is sometimes certain words would just disappear and it would just be blank boxes. A good example of this was when I was setting the Xbox back up after having soft factory reset it and I had to enter my login info. The digital keyboard was completely fine and then the letter “o” just disappeared and there was just a blank square. The button was still working fine, but the visual of the “o” was missing. This is what I meant by the problems are “consistently inconsistent,” there are multiple types of visual errors occurring, and though they seem inconsistent with each other, the errors are consistently happening to each one and are not overlapping with each other. At first I thought maybe the graphics card was dying or something (yet again I don’t know much about computers), but even this seems unlikely due to how certain things run perfectly fine (movies, clips).

I apologize at the long set up for this question, but the problems are very confusing to me, so now I will ask; is there any way to fix this?

:)

Cob820, Feb 23, 2023
  2. Cob820 Win User

Is there any way to know how much this would cost before sending it in? ‘d rather just buy a new console if this one isn’t worth the hassle.
  3. andersonpassos Win User

4. Cob820 Win User

Thank you for your quick response.

I do not think it is a problem with the HDMI cable since me and my friend used separate HDMI cords and encountered the same problems, nor do I think that it is the placement of the console that could cause the overheating. I would like to try and see about cleaning the console’s vents like you suggest. How should I go about doing that?
  5. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good evening

Based on the information you provided, it seems like your Xbox One S is experiencing graphical issues that are inconsistent and vary depending on the type of content being played (e.g. movies, games, and YouTube videos). These issues include incorrect color rendering, texture and line artifacts, flickering, and missing visual elements.

While there could be several potential causes for these problems, one possibility is that there might be an issue with the HDMI cable or port, which could cause visual distortions and artifacts. You could try replacing the HDMI cable or using a different HDMI port on your TV to see if this helps.

Another possibility is that the Xbox One S may be overheating, which could cause graphical glitches and other performance issues. Make sure that the console is placed in a well-ventilated area and that the fans are not obstructed. You could also try cleaning the console's vents and fans to remove any dust or debris that may be blocking airflow.

It's also possible that the graphical issues could be caused by a problem with the Xbox One S's hardware or software.
  6. zmaster2XXX Win User

Xbox One S graphics

Ventilation is number one, but it is possible that the xbox one s renders the game this way. It is very graphical intensive.
Thema:

1. Very Confusing Graphical Problems (Xbox One S) - Similar Threads - Very Confusing Graphical

2. Happening now tab is very bad but that’s not the worst problem!

in XboX Insiders
    Happening now tab is very bad but that’s not the worst problem!: Nobody is talking about how the friends in games tab is completely gone now. I used this a lot to quickly see which friends were on what games and now my whole experience has been downgraded...
  3. My xbox gets very loud while being in the main menu/lobby of call of duty

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox gets very loud while being in the main menu/lobby of call of duty: My xbox gets very loud when im in the main menu/lobby of call of duty, but when i go into a game it goes full silent. I recently cleaned my xbox so there is no dust in it and call of duty is the...
  4. If I put the left stick up in the left corner then it won’t click. This is very bad because...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I put the left stick up in the left corner then it won’t click. This is very bad because...: If I put the left stick up in the left corner then it won’t click. This is very bad because I play siege and I need it to aim. Do I send it back for it to be fixed or is there a way I can fix it...
  5. Unable to complete setup on phone still.. this is very frustrating! The code I enter is...

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to complete setup on phone still.. this is very frustrating! The code I enter is...: Unable to complete setup on phone still.. this is very frustrating! The code I enter is 100% right! Me as well as many others have this same issue. Trying to setup Xbox series s with my galaxy...
  6. Xbox one X - endlessly loading on start up, freezing randomly, very slow, games will not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X - endlessly loading on start up, freezing randomly, very slow, games will not...: My Xbox will sometimes continuously load on the start up screen for 10-20 minutes maybe more or just won’t load at all. After resetting it multiple times and unplugging it will still sometimes do...
  7. Will Microsoft not be able to service my Xbox if there's very minor psychical damage on it?

in XBoX on Windows
    Will Microsoft not be able to service my Xbox if there's very minor psychical damage on it?: So I sent my Xbox in for a crashing issue for Microsoft to repair it since its still under warranty but unfortunately it was damaged slightly in shipping so they sent it back. I fixed the main...
  8. My left and bottom buttons on my D-Pad need very precise presses to send output. How do I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My left and bottom buttons on my D-Pad need very precise presses to send output. How do I...: I'm using an Xbox One S controller. I have tried to wipe them and it only fixed it for a short matter of time. Can somebody please tell me your method of fixing this?...
  9. I'm very confused with my Minecraft account.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm very confused with my Minecraft account.: So back when we had to migrate our accounts I did it successfully however I now have lost my old cape and account but have access to a different account which had no skin originally. I haven't...
  10. Very confused

in XBoX Accessibility
    Very confused: So I have games that I bought for my Xbox one however just today say that they aren’t compatible and can’t download them despite being able to yesterday. What is going on and how do I fix it if...