UWQHD 21:9 Support on Xbox series S / X

Discus and support UWQHD 21:9 Support on Xbox series S / X in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft, There have been thread's about this in the past. I'm hoping that with enough interest from the community, there could be opened a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by WildGrowthMusic, Nov 6, 2022.

  1. UWQHD 21:9 Support on Xbox series S / X


    Dear Microsoft,

    There have been thread's about this in the past. I'm hoping that with enough interest from the community, there could be opened a serious discussion within the higher ups whether it's feasible or not.

    21:9 has become increasingly more accessible with time and there is no denying that it's become more widely accepted into the productivity space. It's be a shame to not be able to utilize it with our gaming systems as well.

    I am sure that at wide array of players will want to be able to play games like Forza Horizon on an ultrawide monitor. The added level of immersion truly boosts the experience to another level.

    The raised concern of unjustified advantage in competitive games, due to increased visual awareness vs players without, has been brought up. It seems like a fairly easy software fix. I.e only include the support for singleplayer games, alternatively add FoV sliders at the cost of visual fidelity, or implement some sort of lock system where it is disabled in competitive games.

    I hope for some feedback from the Microsoft team as we'd love to know if this is something we can expect some time in the future.

    As for World of Warcraft on consoles. We dream and hope this will become a reality. Played on a regular monitor, ultrawide or TV would bring new life into the game. Perfect for casual play, and maybe it will actually improve the state of the raid design to make it less hardcore only focused.

    I'd love the input from active players and members of the MS fam as well. What do you think? Is it time we got more flexibility in the way we play and what resolution it scales to? Or are you fine the way it is now and don't mind. Let us know

    Be well. Stay safe. -Mem

    :)
     
    WildGrowthMusic, Nov 6, 2022
    #1
  2. Kathy A. Win User

    UWQHD 21:9 Support on Xbox series S / X

    Hello,

    Good day!

    Thanks for bringing an interesting idea and shared it with us. This is absolutely a yes and that would be amazing if this will become reality. Microsoft listens to its users, and we would like to encourage you in sending this wonderful idea straight to Team Xbox. Not only they can check this possibility but also might make this happen. It has always been a spark of idea that turn into reality which result to improvement and better gaming.

    We have here a guide on how to submit a feedback - Provide feedback to Team Xbox | Xbox Support

    Or you may also use this link for submitting the idea - Xbox Idea Hub

    Thanks for sharing that wonderful idea and we hope to continue seeing you here in Community.

    We join you in the hope that this will be part of the next update of Xbox Console and Games. If you have a different concern kindly create a new thread using this link.

    Have a great one!

    Regards,



    Xbox Forum Moderator

    Microsoft Community
  3. BreitseiteOne Win User

    Series X ultrawide support

    My lg 21:9 monitor is the reason why i switch from xbox one to pc, i hope the series x support 21:9
  4. smalltownusa_2012 Win User

    Could We See Ultrawide 21:9 Support for Xbox Series X ?

    Not being a programmer I can understand it would take some effort to have support for 21:9. That being said I just wish MS would just come out with a statement that Series X will or will not support 21:9 so people can move on to other monitor(s) purchases.
  5. EiShaiViIbaiNomerata Win User

    When are we getting the 21:9 update on Xbox One S/X

    21:9 3440x1440 is less pixels than 16:9 3840 x 2160 which is "supported" by Xbox One S.
  6. NaZoooom Win User

    When are we getting the 21:9 update on Xbox One S/X

    Hi EiShaiViIbaiNomerata,

    I agree with Xbox Ambassador Obsessive Power in that we should never say never, however going 21:9 introduces extra pixels. Whilst the One X could cope, the One S would likely struggle.

    I got a chance to experience 21:9 3440x1440 gaming on a PC and was hooked, so would love to see it on consoles, but more pixels means more strain on the current consoles. Heres hoping that the Series X has support for 21:9 3440x1440 @ 120hz which I believe
    could easily handle it.
Thema:

UWQHD 21:9 Support on Xbox series S / X

Loading...
  1. UWQHD 21:9 Support on Xbox series S / X - Similar Threads - UWQHD Support series

  2. When is the OSU update on the support page coming?10/8/26

    in XboX Insiders
    When is the OSU update on the support page coming?10/8/26: Mi xbox one s,running to SO 26100.9426, stop actualization in step 3,Help submitted by /u/Xboxer79 [link] [comments]
  3. Why isn't Lithuania a supported country but Latvia is??

    in XboX Insiders
    Why isn't Lithuania a supported country but Latvia is??: That's a very confusing thing to me like it's right there and because I'm from Lithuania I can't use all stuff on Xbox console I can't even buy Xbox game pass anymore like what submitted by...
  4. Is Roadcraft supporter for disc to digital?

    in XboX Insiders
    Is Roadcraft supporter for disc to digital?: Has anyone tried doing disc to digital for Roadcraft? Woops (title), "supporter" supposed to be "supported". submitted by /u/DragonKing027 [link] [comments]
  5. How is a question about the future of the ad supported cloud gaming option, a feature being...

    in XboX Insiders
    How is a question about the future of the ad supported cloud gaming option, a feature being...: My previous post voicing an opinion about limiting Xbox cloud gaming hours and asking what the future of the free ad-supported tier could be (a feature that Xbox insiders have been testing) was...
  6. Omega users who have not received the update, please read below. Support link provided.

    in XboX Insiders
    Omega users who have not received the update, please read below. Support link provided.: I'm seeing a lot of posts, and just figured this out talking to another user so figured I'd share the info. This is directly from Xbox and insider support....
  7. Day One achievement, don't talk to support, achievement bug (urgent)badge case update

    in XboX Insiders
    Day One achievement, don't talk to support, achievement bug (urgent)badge case update: Don't talk to support! After speaking with them, they promised to resynchronize my account to try and resolve the badge issue, but to make matters worse, they blocked my achievement. It was...
  8. I’m an Xbox Insider in Omega. Can I request Alpha Skip-Ahead access? Xbox Support told me...

    in XboX Insiders
    I’m an Xbox Insider in Omega. Can I request Alpha Skip-Ahead access? Xbox Support told me...: : Can I request access to Alpha Skip-Ahead submitted by /u/xomar12 [link] [comments]
  9. Please enable generic USB Audio Class (UAC) support for DACs and Audio Interfaces

    in XboX Insiders
    Please enable generic USB Audio Class (UAC) support for DACs and Audio Interfaces: Hi everyone, and hopefully hi to the Xbox team. I wanted to share a bit of a hassle regarding my audio setup on Xbox Series X and suggest a feature that would make a huge difference for many...
  10. UWQHD for Forza Motorsport 6 ??

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    UWQHD for Forza Motorsport 6 ??: I bought this game because the upgrade message (from the demo version) promised support for "Up to 4K". I am running plenty of other games in UWQHD but can only go to 1920 * 1280 in Forza...