Using Xbox outside supported regions

Discus and support Using Xbox outside supported regions in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm living in Malaysia and very sadly the Xbox is still not being supported or sold in my country. The option is whether to buy a Singapore or Japan... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Cheese Tarts, Jun 23, 2021.

  1. Cheese Tarts
    Cheese Tarts Guest

    Using Xbox outside supported regions


    I'm living in Malaysia and very sadly the Xbox is still not being supported or sold in my country. The option is whether to buy a Singapore or Japan set. My question is, will I face any trouble from the Microsoft administration if I decide to buy an Xbox and then faking my region, so I can make purchases especially Game Pass?

    :)
     
    Cheese Tarts, Jun 23, 2021
    #1
  2. Smwutches Win User

    Using Xbox outside of supported regions

    You can still play games offline, but otherwise you won't be able to use Gold or Game Pass without violating the terms of service and even then you can run into issues with payment or installing games due to region restrictions.

    Microsoft hasn't made any announcements about expanding to any other countries any time soon so there's no way to know if/when it will expand to your area. It's usually due to rules and restrictions in the area.
  3. Kiril Mihaylov Win User

    Using Xbox outside of supported regions

    This leaves me with those two questions then:

    Does that mean that I have bought a practically almost useless piece of machinery as I cannot buy Xbox Live Gold nor Xbox Game Pass?

    Can anyone answer will and when should I expect my country get in the supported regions as this is really disappointing to me that the adjacent countries are in the list?

    I really hope you could provide some more information than what the region list says, as it doesn't seem to have changed a lot through the years after I did some research, or at least point me at the right direction at which I should be asking those questions.

    Thank you in advance.
  4. Smwutches Win User

    Using Xbox outside supported regions

    Since your physical location and your actual location won't match, you will run into issues purchasing some content. The system may not let you buy Game Pass since it's not available in your region.
  5. Cheese Tarts Win User

    Using Xbox outside supported regions

    Since your physical location and your actual location won't match, you will run into issues purchasing some content. The system may not let you buy Game Pass since it's not available in your region.
    Thank you for the answer. But I think I've figured out a way (which most of us already done it) that is by purchasing a USA gift card and then redeeming it on an account registered in the USA region. So far, it worked. But, is Microsoft okay with this?
  6. Smwutches Win User

    Using Xbox outside of supported regions

    If the chat you used was the "Chat with a Gamer", that's not an Ambassador. That's done through a third party.

    While they are correct that a lot of people do that, it does violate the terms of service and can put you at risk for being banned. https://www.xbox.com/en-US/legal/community-standards#v


    [​IMG]
Thema:

Using Xbox outside supported regions

Loading...
  1. Using Xbox outside supported regions - Similar Threads - Using outside supported

  2. "Turn off after" using sleep, not shutdown.

    in XboX Insiders
    "Turn off after" using sleep, not shutdown.: I originally addressed this in an Alpha Skip-Ahead comment, but it didn't receive any attention. "Report a Problem" tickets have been filed, so hopefully u/neonepiphany might have some information...
  3. I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue

    in XboX Insiders
    I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue: OP: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/comments/1vst1bu/games_and_apps_crashes_when_navigating_to_full/ I am on skip-ahead 10.0.26100.9620 The bug occurs on all rings and production build,...
  4. Bought a used Xbox enrolled in Insider - Need staff help to

    in XboX Insiders
    Bought a used Xbox enrolled in Insider - Need staff help to: Hello Xbox Insider Team, I bought a used Xbox console that is enrolled in the Xbox Insider Program under a previous account I cannot access. Since my Reddit account is new and I cannot send DMs,...
  5. How do I use the new free with adds

    in XboX Insiders
    How do I use the new free with adds: Is it a paid thing how do I activate it where do I turn it on I wanna test it out submitted by /u/teamfucktwitch [link] [comments]
  6. I can't use D2D on my Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    I can't use D2D on my Xbox Series X: I'm currently using an Xbox Series X. I installed the Xbox Insider Hub for the first time today, and it says that "This console is in the Preview Omega ring." In the Manage section, it shows:...
  7. Can I leave Xbox Insider after using the disc-to-digital feature?

    in XboX Insiders
    Can I leave Xbox Insider after using the disc-to-digital feature?: I’m thinking about joining the Xbox Insider Program mainly to try out the new disc-to-digital feature once it becomes available. My question is, after I use the feature, can I leave the Insider...
  8. Are xbox one users able to use the “voice in clips” feature?

    in XboX Insiders
    Are xbox one users able to use the “voice in clips” feature?: Just wondering, im on a xbox one s submitted by /u/Core_b7183 [link] [comments]
  9. Can't install games if using Xbox remote play to access the console since the most recent...

    in XboX Insiders
    Can't install games if using Xbox remote play to access the console since the most recent...: Prior to the update a couple days ago, I could remote into my Xbox from work and play and install games. Since the update, if I remote to the Xbox, it no longer has an install button for games....
  10. Please stop the use of QR codes for surveys. Do surveys internally.

    in XboX Insiders
    Please stop the use of QR codes for surveys. Do surveys internally.: The console itself is capable of showing questions in the insider app, and you promoting the use of mobile phones instead, plus many phones cant scan QR codes. submitted by /u/needchr [link]...