Using Xbox one with 4.1ch Soundbar

Discus and support Using Xbox one with 4.1ch Soundbar in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi all, I am totally confuses with all the internet sites and forums and have been overload with info. I'm hoping if I post a direct question here I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by EARUSHTON, Jan 8, 2016.

1. EARUSHTON
    EARUSHTON Guest

Hi all,

I am totally confuses with all the internet sites and forums and have been overload with info. I'm hoping if I post a direct question here I will get some help.

I have the Fidelio 4.1ch Sound-bar connected as follows to my Xbox one. Xbox one HDMI to Sound- bar to HDMI (ARC) TV. What do I set the Xbox HDMI audio to?

Stereo Uncompressed- Shows on my sound-bar as "PCM"

5.1 uncompressed- Shows on my sound-bar as "PCM"

Bitstream out- DTS Digital Surround- Shows on my sound-bar as "DTS"

Bitstream out -Dolby Digital- Shows on my sound-bar as "Dolby"

Whats the difference.

My other question is if I select "Bitstream out- Dolby Digital", if I play a Blu-ray film and it has 5.1 DTS on the back of the case, do I need to go in to my settings again and change to "Bitstream out- DTS"

Thanks for your help.

Eddie.

:)

EARUSHTON, Jan 8, 2016
  2. LG B7A, LG SK8Y, Xbox One X audio sync issues

I got the xbox one x connected directly to the TV then TV to soundbar all

through HDMI using ARC to the soundbar. When Dolby digital or Dolby

Atmos is selected there is a audio sync issue and cannot correct this with AV Sync Adjustment.

This soundbar doesn't support 4K-passthrough apparently. Otherwise I only get 1080p if I was to connect the xbox to soundbar.

However when switching to DTS Digital Surround this issue is resolved. I am

using premium certified HDMI's. Which leads me to believe there is some issues with the ATMOS and Xbox from reading other peoples experience.

Is another update possibly in the works to resolve this?

Jonny 6ang 6ang, Jan 8, 2016
  3. Grandad G
    Grandad G Guest
    No digital via HDMI ARC

[quote user="iiiNeURoTiC"]

Hi All,

I get Digital Audio via my Opitcal to Px4 headset, however using HDMI I can only get stereo?

Setup is as follows.

Xbox One -> HDMI -> Samsung TV ARC -> HDMI -> Samsung Soundbar

Anyone have any tips on how to get this working? or should this work at all?

[/quote]
    This doesn't look right to me (i could be wrong) Xbox One -> HDMI -> Samsung TV ARC -> HDMI -> Samsung Soundbar
    Should be....
    Xbox One -> HDMI -> Samsung Soundbar (must be a ARC compatible soundbar with the correct HDMI sockets in/out) -> HDMI -> Samsung TV ARC / Headset optical -> Samsung Soundbar change setting on xbox

Grandad G, Jan 8, 2016
  4. StuartATrueRed Win User

Dolby atmos

The hdmi in port on the Xbox One is for plugging in TV boxes, not for plugging in soundbars, as the signal goes in, not out. Your best bet is to use a optical spdif cable from the Xbox to your soundbar, if your soundbar supports optical spdif.
  5. Sykotic Samurai Win User

N1 soundbar not turning off.

The power to the N1 Soundbar is in no way related to the power to the Xbox One console. If you want the Soundbar off when you turn your console off, you will just have to do this manually. If it automatically turns it back on, just unplug the Soundbar when
    you're not using it.
  6. Whagi Win User

HDMI Audio & Optical Audio

Have you tried using an optical cable from your TV back to the Soundbar? Connect your Xbox One via HDMI to your HDTV then use an optical cable from your HDTV to your Soundbar. Does that work?
  7. Leo Invictus Win User

Can I connect Xbox one direct to soundbar via optical cable?

If you have a Kinect attached to your Xbox One (Xbox One uses the Kinect as an IR blaster), just go to the Xbox One Settings, select "Display & Sound," then select "Set up TV & AV Control" and choose "Audio Receiver." Your soundbar model may not be listed,
    so choose "other" (or whatever the option is for brands not listed - I can't remember the wording), type the brand name of your soundbar into the field, then follow the on-screen directions.

If you do not have or use a Kinect, you might try the suggestions at the Xbox Support article located

here

I've connected my soundbar via optical cable as you are wanting to do (I do have a Kinect), and Xbox One is able to control the volume and power to the soundbar.
  8. andersonpassos Win User

I want to control volume on my XBox One remote control. My Soundbar (Bose) is connected by HDMI to my TV Sharp. What setting do I need to choose?

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

Good afternoon

First, make sure your Xbox One is connected to your TV via HDMI.

Next, connect your Bose Soundbar to your TV using an HDMI cable.

On your Sharp TV, go to the audio settings menu and select "HDMI Audio Output."

Select the HDMI port to which your Bose Soundbar is connected.

Once the HDMI connection is established, the audio from your Xbox One should be routed through your TV and into your Soundbar.

Now, you should be able to control the volume of your Bose Soundbar using your Xbox One remote.
Thema:

1. Using Xbox one with 4.1ch Soundbar - Similar Threads - Using 1ch Soundbar

2. Recording in game voice using game bar

in XboX Insiders
    Recording in game voice using game bar: Is it possible to make game bar only record my voice input when using in game voice chat, rather than recording all input ? submitted by /u/s3cy7 [link] [comments]
  3. Is there any possible way at all to use a usb mic on a series S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there any possible way at all to use a usb mic on a series S?: Recently bought a Razer Blackshark v2 X usb mic for my Xbox. Didn’t realise it was usb until after I had bought it. I was wondering if there is any possibility at all that I can use it with my...
  4. Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...: For some reason when ever i try to download my call of duty black ops games they don’t wanna download on my external storage they download to my xbox but not my external storage all my other games...
  5. I Want To Use My External HDD On My Xbox One With My Windows PC However…

in XBoX on Windows
    I Want To Use My External HDD On My Xbox One With My Windows PC However…: I am thinking of using my External HDD that is currently formatted for my Xbox One with my Windows PC. I know the steps of going on disk management and creating a new volume but I was also...
  6. Hello, When I Use Microsoft Rewards, Only Few Gift Cards Appear Because That Happens...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hello, When I Use Microsoft Rewards, Only Few Gift Cards Appear Because That Happens...: Hello, When I Use Microsoft Rewards, Only Few Gift Cards Appear Because That Happens PostData: I am from the United States and I live there 3832f2cc-1a87-497d-bb04-42dc406796ce
  7. Can a normal home inverter be used for xbox series x power backup as ps5 uses specific...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can a normal home inverter be used for xbox series x power backup as ps5 uses specific...: Can a normal home inverter be used for xbox series x power backup as ps5 uses specific sinus wave inverter for the backup c98c1f89-569d-494c-8d8f-1072e12bb841
  8. While using a Xbox 360 hard drive transfer cable can you transfer the hard drive content...

in XBoX on Consoles
    While using a Xbox 360 hard drive transfer cable can you transfer the hard drive content...: Then steel and titanium can I transfer my data off of my Xbox 360 hard drive to the newer Xbox gaming systems with a transfer cable 1d0531f7-9492-4396-8f97-37a494cb9e25
  9. Is there a way for me to buy Elden ring and use it on Xbox and pc?

in XboX Insiders
    Is there a way for me to buy Elden ring and use it on Xbox and pc?: I really want to buy Elden ring, but I want to be able to play it on my pc and Xbox. Is there any way to be able to do that without buying 2 copies? submitted by /u/_Booker_DeWitt_ [link]...
  10. Why minecraft cape didnt appear iam using java but it shows in the micosoft order history

in XBoX on Windows
    Why minecraft cape didnt appear iam using java but it shows in the micosoft order history: Minecraft cape dosen't appear iam using java version of the game but it shows in order history 238572d1-6d0b-4812-80b1-692abcbe9e47