Using Xbox as Continuum

Discus and support Using Xbox as Continuum in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, Wondering how to make it possible to use Lumia 950xl DS with Xbox One S like a Continuum. Read few posts online here and there and stumbled... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by NibeshSharma, Feb 16, 2019.

  1. NibeshSharma
    NibeshSharma Guest

    Using Xbox as Continuum


    Hello,

    Wondering how to make it possible to use Lumia 950xl DS with Xbox One S like a Continuum. Read few posts online here and there and stumbled upon links mentioning there's an invite only app available. How to get one? Help!

    :)
     
    NibeshSharma, Feb 16, 2019
    #1
  2. NibeshSharma Win User

    Using Xbox as Continuum

    Hi Nibesh,

    Seeing that the only relevant article we could find online regarding this topic is dated from 2015, it's very likely this feature never left the preview program and has been taken out of the preview program and no longer being tested. This is why the required
    app cannot be found in the Microsoft Store app on the Xbox One. It's only available for PC.

    If you don't see this preview found under "Insider content" when you launch the Xbox Insider Hub app, then it is no longer available or you are not eligible to test this preview based on your ring level.

    Even if this preview was still in the preview program, you would need an invitation from someone in the preview program testing this feature and there doesn't seem to be any activity I can find online showing that anyone is still testing this.
    Is there a way to get notified if/when this feature is live? Any suggestions to keep track of development of this feature?
  3. XBF Diego M Win User

    Using Xbox as Continuum

    Hi Nibesh,

    There is no way to be notified if this feature goes live again, but my best suggestion for keeping track with any new developments in the Insider Program would be to follow the

    Xbox Insiders subreddit
    and the
    Xbox Insider-Xbox Wire news site
    .

    The Xbox Insiders subreddit is a good place to start a discussion and see if any other insiders have any information regarding this project. Maybe you may find out why the project was dropped or if there are any rumors about re-launching it.

    The Xbox Wire news site I linked is a great place to see the projects or updates being worked on and insider preview updates are posted with notes when they launch for each respective ring and what is included in these preview updates.

    I hope this is helpful!
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

    Using Xbox as Continuum

    Hi Nibesh,

    Seeing that the only relevant article we could find online regarding this topic is dated from 2015, it's very likely this feature never left the preview program and has been taken out of the preview program and no longer being tested. This is why the required
    app cannot be found in the Microsoft Store app on the Xbox One. It's only available for PC.

    If you don't see this preview found under "Insider content" when you launch the Xbox Insider Hub app, then it is no longer available or you are not eligible to test this preview based on your ring level.

    Even if this preview was still in the preview program, you would need an invitation from someone in the preview program testing this feature and there doesn't seem to be any activity I can find online showing that anyone is still testing this.
  5. NibeshSharma Win User

    Using Xbox as Continuum

    Hello Nibesh,

    We understand that you have an inquiry about the use of the Continuum feature found with a Microsoft mobile device and Windows PC.

    It would be best to review the information found here at the turn your Xbox One into a PC with Continuum on the Lumia 950 or 950 XL!
    article for direct assistance about the setup for this.

    Try this and let us know if this works.

    Best wishes!
    The link you provided gave information that was mentioned as the issue in the question itself.

    It mentioned:

    "Here's how it works. You need the Wireless Display app. Unfortunately, it's currently in Preview, and you'll need to be in the Xbox One Preview Program. The program is by invitation only. If your friends are already in the program, they can invite you by
    using the Invite friends page in the Xbox Preview Dashboard app. The Windows Central community can help you out too. Just ask nicely in the comments."

    Without having to sign up at that forum, is there a way to try resolving it? Can anyone here send the invite to get the app and help trying check this feature?
  6. XBF Javier R Win User

    Using Xbox as Continuum

    Hello Nibesh,

    We understand that you have an inquiry about the use of the Continuum feature found with a Microsoft mobile device and Windows PC.

    It would be best to review the information found here at the turn your Xbox One into a PC with Continuum on the Lumia 950 or 950 XL!
    article for direct assistance about the setup for this.

    Try this and let us know if this works.

    Best wishes!
Thema:

Using Xbox as Continuum

Loading...
  1. Using Xbox as Continuum - Similar Threads - Using Continuum

  2. "Turn off after" using sleep, not shutdown.

    in XboX Insiders
    "Turn off after" using sleep, not shutdown.: I originally addressed this in an Alpha Skip-Ahead comment, but it didn't receive any attention. "Report a Problem" tickets have been filed, so hopefully u/neonepiphany might have some information...
  3. I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue

    in XboX Insiders
    I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue: OP: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/comments/1vst1bu/games_and_apps_crashes_when_navigating_to_full/ I am on skip-ahead 10.0.26100.9620 The bug occurs on all rings and production build,...
  4. Bought a used Xbox enrolled in Insider - Need staff help to

    in XboX Insiders
    Bought a used Xbox enrolled in Insider - Need staff help to: Hello Xbox Insider Team, I bought a used Xbox console that is enrolled in the Xbox Insider Program under a previous account I cannot access. Since my Reddit account is new and I cannot send DMs,...
  5. How do I use the new free with adds

    in XboX Insiders
    How do I use the new free with adds: Is it a paid thing how do I activate it where do I turn it on I wanna test it out submitted by /u/teamfucktwitch [link] [comments]
  6. I can't use D2D on my Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    I can't use D2D on my Xbox Series X: I'm currently using an Xbox Series X. I installed the Xbox Insider Hub for the first time today, and it says that "This console is in the Preview Omega ring." In the Manage section, it shows:...
  7. Can I leave Xbox Insider after using the disc-to-digital feature?

    in XboX Insiders
    Can I leave Xbox Insider after using the disc-to-digital feature?: I’m thinking about joining the Xbox Insider Program mainly to try out the new disc-to-digital feature once it becomes available. My question is, after I use the feature, can I leave the Insider...
  8. Are xbox one users able to use the “voice in clips” feature?

    in XboX Insiders
    Are xbox one users able to use the “voice in clips” feature?: Just wondering, im on a xbox one s submitted by /u/Core_b7183 [link] [comments]
  9. Can't install games if using Xbox remote play to access the console since the most recent...

    in XboX Insiders
    Can't install games if using Xbox remote play to access the console since the most recent...: Prior to the update a couple days ago, I could remote into my Xbox from work and play and install games. Since the update, if I remote to the Xbox, it no longer has an install button for games....
  10. Please stop the use of QR codes for surveys. Do surveys internally.

    in XboX Insiders
    Please stop the use of QR codes for surveys. Do surveys internally.: The console itself is capable of showing questions in the insider app, and you promoting the use of mobile phones instead, plus many phones cant scan QR codes. submitted by /u/needchr [link]...