using xBox as a bridge

Discus and support using xBox as a bridge in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; wanted to know if anywone has successfully setup a bridged connection, essentially using xbox ethernet port to broadcast internet connection. I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by xboxgamer72, Oct 31, 2019.

  1. xboxgamer72
    xboxgamer72 Guest

    using xBox as a bridge


    wanted to know if anywone has successfully setup a bridged connection, essentially using xbox ethernet port to broadcast internet connection.

    I currently have my xBox connected wirelessly. I have another device , STB which requires a wired connection to the internet. Because it is far from my router, can I connect it to my xBox ethernet port as an internet source?

    :)
     
    xboxgamer72, Oct 31, 2019
    #1
  2. xboxgamer72 Win User

    using xBox as a bridge

    Ok, thank very much for reply.

    I was hopeful because it seems that you can do this with a Windows laptop the reverse way, ie the laptop is connected to wireless and the Xbox is connected to the laptops ethernet and has internet access that way. I thought something similar could be done.

    Looks like I will need to run a long cable or get more hardware. Thanks again
  3. WPAK Win User

    using xBox as a bridge

    Hi there,

    as far as I know the Xbox console does not support that option.

    The only option you would have is to get additional Network hardware to achieve that.
  4. GMAN990 Win User

    Problems connecting using ICS/Bridged Connection

  5. GMAN990 Win User

    Difficulties setting up static IP address

  6. GMAN990 Win User

    CONNECTION HELP PLEASE

Thema:

using xBox as a bridge

Loading...
  1. using xBox as a bridge - Similar Threads - using bridge

  2. "Turn off after" using sleep, not shutdown.

    in XboX Insiders
    "Turn off after" using sleep, not shutdown.: I originally addressed this in an Alpha Skip-Ahead comment, but it didn't receive any attention. "Report a Problem" tickets have been filed, so hopefully u/neonepiphany might have some information...
  3. I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue

    in XboX Insiders
    I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue: OP: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/comments/1vst1bu/games_and_apps_crashes_when_navigating_to_full/ I am on skip-ahead 10.0.26100.9620 The bug occurs on all rings and production build,...
  4. Bought a used Xbox enrolled in Insider - Need staff help to

    in XboX Insiders
    Bought a used Xbox enrolled in Insider - Need staff help to: Hello Xbox Insider Team, I bought a used Xbox console that is enrolled in the Xbox Insider Program under a previous account I cannot access. Since my Reddit account is new and I cannot send DMs,...
  5. How do I use the new free with adds

    in XboX Insiders
    How do I use the new free with adds: Is it a paid thing how do I activate it where do I turn it on I wanna test it out submitted by /u/teamfucktwitch [link] [comments]
  6. I can't use D2D on my Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    I can't use D2D on my Xbox Series X: I'm currently using an Xbox Series X. I installed the Xbox Insider Hub for the first time today, and it says that "This console is in the Preview Omega ring." In the Manage section, it shows:...
  7. Can I leave Xbox Insider after using the disc-to-digital feature?

    in XboX Insiders
    Can I leave Xbox Insider after using the disc-to-digital feature?: I’m thinking about joining the Xbox Insider Program mainly to try out the new disc-to-digital feature once it becomes available. My question is, after I use the feature, can I leave the Insider...
  8. Are xbox one users able to use the “voice in clips” feature?

    in XboX Insiders
    Are xbox one users able to use the “voice in clips” feature?: Just wondering, im on a xbox one s submitted by /u/Core_b7183 [link] [comments]
  9. Can't install games if using Xbox remote play to access the console since the most recent...

    in XboX Insiders
    Can't install games if using Xbox remote play to access the console since the most recent...: Prior to the update a couple days ago, I could remote into my Xbox from work and play and install games. Since the update, if I remote to the Xbox, it no longer has an install button for games....
  10. Please stop the use of QR codes for surveys. Do surveys internally.

    in XboX Insiders
    Please stop the use of QR codes for surveys. Do surveys internally.: The console itself is capable of showing questions in the insider app, and you promoting the use of mobile phones instead, plus many phones cant scan QR codes. submitted by /u/needchr [link]...