Using two routers with double nat help

Discus and support Using two routers with double nat help in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Using two routers with double nat help its a pain having 2 routers together, they are competing and it causes many issues. you need to set the second... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by tef1986, Jul 3, 2021.

1. tef1986
    tef1986 Guest

its a pain having 2 routers together, they are competing and it causes many issues. you need to set the second router to be a wireless gateway only. what model router is it.

:)

tef1986, Jul 3, 2021
  2. michael iz pr0 Win User

Trying my best to understand your situation

what would help if you could expand more on the network topology example being

HOUSE 1:

Internet (ISP)

|

Modem

|

Linksys Router 1

|

|

| 100 ft Ethernet Cable

|

|

HOUSE 2:

Linksys Router

Solution 1: DMZ Zone

The easiest solution would be on both routers login to the web admin panel & tweak a few things

Router 2

Network Map> Click on WLAN connection for XBOX then (Reserve DHCP Address)

Security> DMZ > View DHCP Client Table > Select WLAN for XBOX

restart xbox and check if NAT is open if not then

Router 1:

Network Map> Click on Lan connection for router 2 then (Reserve DHCP Address)

Security> DMZ > View DHCP Client Table > Select Lan Device Than for Router 2

restart both routers and xbox

if that does not work then it means you have a modem/router then double Linksys router

on the modem router combo provided from isp either put Linksys router 1 in the DMZ zone then try again with the reboots.

Solution 2: Port Forwarding

The harder solution than putting in the DMZ zone would be Port Forwarding the necesscary ports from Modem / Router Combo to Router 1 to Router 2 to Xbox
  3. XBF Ihssane Z Win User

4. Farscape247 Win User

its a pain having 2 routers together, they are competing and it causes many issues. you need to set the second router to be a wireless gateway only. what model router is it.
  5. XBF Brad A Win User

Nat type

Hi Audio,

Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums. We understand you are having issues with NAT type. You can follow the

guide for NAT error
    . If getting double NAT also look at the section for double NAT. This usually comes when you have a gateway and a router connected, or two routers. The console is picking the NAT from both devices.

Hope this helps.

Brad
  6. DrifterX22 Win User

DoubleNAT detected

I use the Google Wifi and have no issues with multiple consoles running in my network. I have wired and wireless connections so it should not be the google wifi.

The below links are from Google support about this.

Connecting two routers can extend the Wi-Fi coverage in your home. But when you have two routers -- each with their own private Wi-Fi network -- your personal devices can have a hard time communicating with each other. This scenario is called
    Double NAT.

Fix Double NAT when two routers are running at the same time

Fix Double NAT when two routers are running at the same time

In most cases, Double NAT does not affect Wi-Fi performance. But it can be an issue if you play online games or use port forwarding rules and UPnP.

Learn more about Double NAT.
Thema:

1. Using two routers with double nat help - Similar Threads - Using routers double

2. How do I include my audio on a friends twitch recording using the Xbox app

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I include my audio on a friends twitch recording using the Xbox app: I’m streaming with a group of friends I use the Xbox app for communicating most nights but stream can’t here due to me not being able to include my audio using the app...
  3. How can I use my PS$ controller to play xbox pc games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I use my PS$ controller to play xbox pc games?: I got told I can use it to play on xbox pc, i can use it through the app but when i open the game it wont allow me to use it anymore... what can i do to fix this?...
  4. I'm after a new original xbox one s power cable lead the 10amp one for use in Australia?

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm after a new original xbox one s power cable lead the 10amp one for use in Australia?: I'm after a new original xbox one s power cable lead the 10amp one for use in Australia? f53a93af-10df-4bd5-8501-d790bb6f67f9
  5. How do I connect my Xbox with IPV6 if I'm using an Xfinity hotspot

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I connect my Xbox with IPV6 if I'm using an Xfinity hotspot: That's all, just how do I connect my Xbox with IPV6 if I'm using an Xfinity hotspot. It's only showing IPV4. 451a2b19-5dd1-4bb6-bafe-4b68bd49833c
  6. How do I use wired connection with IPV4 Xbox and IPV6 router

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I use wired connection with IPV4 Xbox and IPV6 router: I’ve been trying to hardwire connect vs wireless but it doesn’t work says problem with hardware 074216dc-c6e3-4a59-8de7-53ea2b3f50b0
  7. Getting error message saying my router is using something other than the WPA2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Getting error message saying my router is using something other than the WPA2: I’m getting a Security Protocol Error. Says this console supports WPA2/WPA3 and my router does not support this. What is this? No one I talk to knows what this is, never. Had problems connecting...
  8. what if i use my pc as a router for streaming my xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    what if i use my pc as a router for streaming my xbox: what if i make my pc a hotspot and connect my xbox to my pc as a network would that be better then using a ethernet for my xbox and my laptop to the router would i get a better connection...
  9. Recommend a router for use with Virgin Media.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Recommend a router for use with Virgin Media.: For those of you who have Virgin media broadband can anyone recommend a decent router to buy. Thanks 11873102-6b70-4bc3-b8b2-917e7f615563
  10. Has anybody figured out a resolution to be able to use the SBG6782-AC modem/router ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Has anybody figured out a resolution to be able to use the SBG6782-AC modem/router ?: cannot stay connected to online games when using this modem. have tried pretty much every troubleshooting trick in the book today. any suggestions? f8af4236-349e-4cc7-9be0-181c3e4838e1