Using Skype on Xbox One via the Microsoft Edge App, but the settings in Skype have no...

Discus and support Using Skype on Xbox One via the Microsoft Edge App, but the settings in Skype have no... in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; As per questions, using Skype via Microsoft Edge on Xbox One. When on a call I cannot Zoom my webcam in and I sit a little bit away from camera, with... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by peter diaper1, Feb 7, 2023.

1. Using Skype on Xbox One via the Microsoft Edge App, but the settings in Skype have no...

As per questions, using Skype via Microsoft Edge on Xbox One. When on a call I cannot Zoom my webcam in and I sit a little bit away from camera, with no option to move closer. Looking at other internet searches for Skype calling, there is a function in the settings for video and audio, where you can zoom in camera, but for some reason, these are not available when using Skype on Xbox one. Also the Xbox Skype App is a waste of time as you cannot group call contacts and the setting is not available on the App version either. I know the camera can zoom in, as Webcam PiP app on Xbox allows this, but you cannot set the zoom to all Apps.

:)

peter diaper1, Feb 7, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

Using Skype on Xbox One via the Microsoft Edge App, but the settings in Skype have no Camera zoom function

Edge on Xbox is not a full functional web browser and mostly used for viewing product information. It is deliberately prevented from running code like what you want it to do.

You need to use Skype on another device for those features if the app doesn't support it
  3. Rostom L Win User

Using Skype on Xbox One via the Microsoft Edge App, but the settings in Skype have no Camera zoom function

Hi Peter! I'm Rostom, an Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you here.

Since you're using the Skype on the web via an internet browser, we may not get all the features available for Skype. If you don't see any features or other settings there, that means it isn't supported on the browser or the device you're using yet.

Thank you.
  4. Arminator Win User

Xbox Messaging - Why is it so terrible? Or is it me?

It seems Xbox uses Skype for messaging in the background.

Can you try to sign into your Microsoft Account using a Skype App, and are you able to message other people via Skype?

I know that in order to use Skype, you had to confirm your account in some way, to prevent Spamming.

Can you try going to https://account.live.com/confirm and check if your account needs to be "confirmed"?

Also regarding the messaging via website: I also had trouble accessing my messages on Edge and Firefox browsers, with an error message that my messages couldn't be loaded. But when I tried it on Chrome it worked. Maybe this will help as well.
  5. GreenTenzin Win User

Connection dropping out every 10 minutes

Are you using your Microsoft Account to sign in to Skype on XB1 or are you using your usual Skype Name and Password?

You can link your Skype/MSA together by going to Skype.com - I will post a few links that can hopefully be helpful to you.

Skype App on Xbox One,

Skype Xbox One FAQs
    Unlinking Skype MFA
    <- If you decide to Un-Link your Skype/MFA.

Hope this helps you! Reply if you need more help.

Kind Regards,

Tenzin!
  6. Claudius.H Win User

Can't Snap Skype.....

Currently Skype for Xbox One doesn't support snapping. Check the section "I’m missing a feature in Skype for Xbox One. Where is it?" in the FAQ here:

support.xbox.com/.../skype-faq

You can snap other apps like IE, Music and Video to the running Skype app though.
Thema:

Using Skype on Xbox One via the Microsoft Edge App, but the settings in Skype have no...

1. Using Skype on Xbox One via the Microsoft Edge App, but the settings in Skype have no... - Similar Threads - Using Skype via

2. Why when I use my Fortnite vbuck card and put in the Xbox code its say it already been used...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why when I use my Fortnite vbuck card and put in the Xbox code its say it already been used...: I followed the directions on the game and when I went to the Xbox code and went on my console it didn’t work it’s said it had already Been used and it was 1,000 vbuck on that card that I can’t use...
  3. Help! A tap water/ vinegar mix was used to wipe my series x. It has a big dark spot (maybe...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help! A tap water/ vinegar mix was used to wipe my series x. It has a big dark spot (maybe...: Here is a photo of it. The marks are most likely water/vinegar mix. I hate when There are marks like this. [img] 411af9ba-49b4-47e4-a3fa-6c40e793f6fd
  4. If I completely remove the left analog joystick without replacement..to compatibly use the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I completely remove the left analog joystick without replacement..to compatibly use the...: If I completely remove the left analog joystick without replacement..to compatibly use the arrow buttons direction will it work ea86895f-ddb2-47e6-8c75-b19b25a1e034
  5. I'm trying to use my Mobile Hotspot to play Xbox. Connect but doesn't work

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm trying to use my Mobile Hotspot to play Xbox. Connect but doesn't work: So my Mobile Hotspot will connect to my Xbox.And when I say test internet connection, it says can't connect to the internet.I says you need to work on your internet service provider to fix your...
  6. What should i do? I bought a 100 robux digital card using the reward points I got and I...

in XBoX on Windows
    What should i do? I bought a 100 robux digital card using the reward points I got and I...: How can I get the code or get my points back? 5139d47a-5472-4374-af39-ccef3e3222cc
  7. BEWARE! This person is using a hacker - using MY personal info to use Skype, XBox Live, and...

in XBoX on Windows
    BEWARE! This person is using a hacker - using MY personal info to use Skype, XBox Live, and...: Hello... My name is [Mod Removed - Personal Information] and I've been the victim of an unknown cyberattacker for over a month. I know he/she has an account here on Skype, but I do NOT. I reached...
  8. use kinect/skype as a security camera

in XBoX on Windows
    use kinect/skype as a security camera: I was wondering if xbox could do this. My original thought was to be able to control my xbox from another country using wifi to allow me to turn on my tv and directly skype my family through the...
  9. I can't use Skype in xboxone

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't use Skype in xboxone: I can't use Skype in xboxone, open a few seconds automatically closed, have tried to install the new Skype, could not be resolved. Other Skype account can be used....
  10. Possible to use the headset with skype?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Possible to use the headset with skype?: First things first... My Room is small, maybe 2 people could fit in here comfortably. This means my Kinect is pretty much right underneath my wall mounted tv sitting ontop of my Xbox One. I want...