using SD channels via voice doesn't always work.

Discus and support using SD channels via voice doesn't always work. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; if there is a HD duplicate channel it defaults to HD instead of SD I don't pay for HD, so its useless to use the voice command "Xbox watch ..." . even... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Ooooooops-E77FECD1-8161-48BE-90D0-D29158BA8812, May 23, 2014.

  1. using SD channels via voice doesn't always work.


    if there is a HD duplicate channel it defaults to HD instead of SD I don't pay for HD, so its useless to use the voice command "Xbox watch ..." . even if it is a favorited channel 40% of the time it goes to HD and there is no option to hide HD channels why.

    :)
     
    Ooooooops-E77FECD1-8161-48BE-90D0-D29158BA8812, May 23, 2014
    #1
  2. BenFu Holo
    BenFu Holo Guest
    Freeview channel's out of order

    No it doesn't work like that. The SD channels are listed first as they are lower list, for instance BBC One is channel 1 where as BBC One HD is 101. There is a setting to hide the SD channels that are duplicated, but it doesn't work, and a channel such
    as 'Dave' doesn't HD version (not in my area anyway) so that channel is always one of the first on the list.

    Favorites also doesn't have the option of changing the order, so i'm stuck with all my channels out of order.
     
    BenFu Holo, May 23, 2014
    #2
  3. HD channels not showing up

    Hey Gaul, can you try manually changing to the SD channels with OneGuide. I believe voice commands should then go to the SD instead of HD channel.
     
    JT Kimbell [MSFT], May 23, 2014
    #3
  4. BenFu Holo Win User

    Freeview channel's out of order

    No it doesn't work like that. The SD channels are listed first as they are lower list, for instance BBC One is channel 1 where as BBC One HD is 101. There is a setting to hide the SD channels that are duplicated, but it doesn't work, and a channel such
    as 'Dave' doesn't HD version (not in my area anyway) so that channel is always one of the first on the list.

    Favorites also doesn't have the option of changing the order, so i'm stuck with all my channels out of order.
  5. JT Kimbell [MSFT] Win User

    HD channels not showing up

    Hey Gaul, can you try manually changing to the SD channels with OneGuide. I believe voice commands should then go to the SD instead of HD channel.
  6. GAUL1978 Win User

    HD channels not showing up

    Im having the opposite problem. I can't get rid of the HD channels in order to watch SD channels. my voice command only pulls up the HD version of a channel even though I have it set to show SD channels as well
  7. eG x Thee Elf Win User

    Xbox OneGuide Missing Channels - DirecTV

    I've noticed the same exact issue. I went ahead and already put show all SD and HD channels but still missing numerous channels. For now I just use my TV remote in conjunction with my Kinect Voice Commands. I even tried using the Voice Command for one channel
    that wasn't showing (NFLNET) and it wouldn't pull up that channel but it displays fine using the TV remote.
  8. jbh1959 Win User

    Uverse SD shows on DVR glitching

    I'm having the same problems others have mentioned with SD channels on Uverse. My Uverse set top box goes into my XBox One then to my Denon AVR-1909 and finally to my Samsung PN64F8500, all via HDMI. HD channels, Bluray and Netflix all work fine. When I
    try switching to a SD channel it freezes and there's no audio. Anybody had any luck with a similar setup?
Thema:

using SD channels via voice doesn't always work.

Loading...
  1. using SD channels via voice doesn't always work. - Similar Threads - using channels via

  2. "Turn off after" using sleep, not shutdown.

    in XboX Insiders
    "Turn off after" using sleep, not shutdown.: I originally addressed this in an Alpha Skip-Ahead comment, but it didn't receive any attention. "Report a Problem" tickets have been filed, so hopefully u/neonepiphany might have some information...
  3. I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue

    in XboX Insiders
    I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue: OP: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/comments/1vst1bu/games_and_apps_crashes_when_navigating_to_full/ I am on skip-ahead 10.0.26100.9620 The bug occurs on all rings and production build,...
  4. Bought a used Xbox enrolled in Insider - Need staff help to

    in XboX Insiders
    Bought a used Xbox enrolled in Insider - Need staff help to: Hello Xbox Insider Team, I bought a used Xbox console that is enrolled in the Xbox Insider Program under a previous account I cannot access. Since my Reddit account is new and I cannot send DMs,...
  5. How do I use the new free with adds

    in XboX Insiders
    How do I use the new free with adds: Is it a paid thing how do I activate it where do I turn it on I wanna test it out submitted by /u/teamfucktwitch [link] [comments]
  6. I can't use D2D on my Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    I can't use D2D on my Xbox Series X: I'm currently using an Xbox Series X. I installed the Xbox Insider Hub for the first time today, and it says that "This console is in the Preview Omega ring." In the Manage section, it shows:...
  7. Can I leave Xbox Insider after using the disc-to-digital feature?

    in XboX Insiders
    Can I leave Xbox Insider after using the disc-to-digital feature?: I’m thinking about joining the Xbox Insider Program mainly to try out the new disc-to-digital feature once it becomes available. My question is, after I use the feature, can I leave the Insider...
  8. Are xbox one users able to use the “voice in clips” feature?

    in XboX Insiders
    Are xbox one users able to use the “voice in clips” feature?: Just wondering, im on a xbox one s submitted by /u/Core_b7183 [link] [comments]
  9. ** HAVE DUPLAX APP PLZ HEL.. i cant use the cross to change channels it s only enabled for...

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    ** HAVE DUPLAX APP PLZ HEL.. i cant use the cross to change channels it s only enabled for...: been triang to use the remote media i cant use to change channels only the control for playing witch it does let s me use the control left joy not the arrow button will there be an option to...
  10. have duplex app i cant use the cross to change channels it s only enabled for using the...

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    have duplex app i cant use the cross to change channels it s only enabled for using the...: been triang to use the remote media i cant use to change channels only the control for playing witch it does let s me use the control left joy not the arrow button will there be an option to...