Using old gamertag from before the merge.

Discus and support Using old gamertag from before the merge. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I'm hoping to find a way to use my old account from before Xbox accounts and Microsoft accounts were merged. I don't really care about all of my... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Logan Hurkens, May 19, 2022.

1. Using old gamertag from before the merge.

I'm hoping to find a way to use my old account from before Xbox accounts and Microsoft accounts were merged. I don't really care about all of my achievements or anything from my old account, I just want the gamertag. the new system has a limit of 12 characters for new gamertags, so I cant just delete my old account and change my gamertag for my new one. id love to either have the cap changed to 13 or more characters, or to have a way to migrate old gamertags to new accounts. I don't want to use a different gamertag, since i use that for all my online accounts.

:)

Logan Hurkens, May 19, 2022
  2. Logan Hurkens Win User

I would definitely prefer to just have it all as one account, but I can at least have a bandaid fix for now. Thanks for looking into it.
  3. Logan Hurkens Win User

I have 2 accounts. My original xbox account had my gamertag changed from the default one to the one it has now (the gamertag I would like to have) and I have my new account which I had as a Microsoft account before they were merged. My Microsoft account is what I use everything for, but I want to have my Xbox gamertag on that account. That account was set up as an Xbox account, and when I tried to change the gamertag for it, the limit for characters was 12. So in short I have had the gamertag in the past, and still do. But it needs to be put onto a different account. And to be clear, the gamertag is the only thing I care about from my original account. If I can get my Microsoft account to have my gamertag I would likely delete my old account entirely.
  4. XBF John Win User

It's no problem. Feel free to create another thread if you have any other issues or let me know in this thread if you have any developments with your gamertag.

Enjoy your weekend Gamer,

John
  5. XBF John Win User

Of course, If there is anything else I can look at for you, let me know and I'll see what I can find or do. My only suggestion is that you not delete the account with the Gamertag you want on it. Wouldn't want that to get lost into the ether. But if you need to switch the MSA's associated, that can fix that up for you in a jiffy.

John
  6. Logan Hurkens Win User

I had made the original account before xbox and Microsoft accounts were treated as the same account. When I had made my account for my Xbox I was told somthing about it being invalid. It was a long time ago, so it would be hard to say for sure. So I made a different email, so I could play Xbox. I never thought anything of it until recently when minecraft started to migrate accounts from mojang to Microsoft. When migrating it needed my Microsoft account and the Xbox account that goes with it, so I no longer can use my gamertag. I did not mean that my accounts were merged, but rather that Microsoft and Xbox accounts started to be treated as the same entity. I don't know when it happened, because it only became a problem recently.

Both accounts have separate emails, but I don't care about anything on the original account aside from the gamertag. I was going to just delete the first account, and change the gamertag for the 2nd, but the character limit won't allow it.
Thema:

1. Using old gamertag from before the merge. - Similar Threads - Using old gamertag

2. Apps are using old gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Apps are using old gamertag: I changed my Gamertag, and it is updated on the console and on the account page of the website, but both the Xbox Companion app, and the Xbox Social app on PC are still using the old Gamertag...
  3. Can't use old gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't use old gamertag: When I try to change a gamertag it is said "This will replace *. Once you confirm the change, * will be available to others. So I confirmed the change and when I try to use my old gamertag on...
  4. Is there anyway to find an email you used for an old account with just the gamertag?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there anyway to find an email you used for an old account with just the gamertag?: Is there anyway to find an email for an old account with knowing just the gamertag and password? ae8a90cd-5283-4412-a9fb-2a2f3db4e2e6
  5. Can't use my old gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't use my old gamertag: To put it simply as I can I changed my Gamertag years ago for awhile and I reverted back to my current Gamertag. However for some reason my old Gamertag still shows up as if I still has it/owns...
  6. I wanna change my gamertag back to my old one which is MrWaffles9931 without using a 360

in XBoX Accessibility
    I wanna change my gamertag back to my old one which is MrWaffles9931 without using a 360: I wanna change it back because of nostalgia of first getting my Xbox and it is special to me but it is one character longer and I really want it back I have tried talking to a agent but always...
  7. If I change my gamertag will the old one that I just switched from be unavailable for use...

in XBoX Accessibility
    If I change my gamertag will the old one that I just switched from be unavailable for use...: For some backstory, back in 2015/2016 I got 2 "og" gamertags when Microsoft made them all available by resetting the old accounts not in use anymore. Earlier today, I tried to swap the gamertags...
  8. I have an old gamertag i no longer use. Is it possible to remove it from my microsoft...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have an old gamertag i no longer use. Is it possible to remove it from my microsoft...: I have an old gamertag i no longer use connected to my microsoft account. The current gamertag i use is conected to an old email address that is expired. Is it possible to remove the old gamertag...
  9. I want to use my old Gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want to use my old Gamertag: Hi so I was tryin to log in after 2 years or so via my Xbox360 and my old live account didnt connect with the internet anymore. I logged in via PC and all of a sudden I got a completely new tag. I...
  10. Will I get my old games back if I use my old gamertag with a new Xbox One S?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Will I get my old games back if I use my old gamertag with a new Xbox One S?: I had an Xbox One S console that came with a few games that are digital downloads. I also got a few more games from Games with Gold. I lost my Xbox, I don't want to explain the reason why I lost...