Using my receiver/sound system to deliver the Xbox audio

Discus and support Using my receiver/sound system to deliver the Xbox audio in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I purchased a new Xbox One and after setup, including connecting my cable tv to the console, I am not getting any audio from my Xbox! I can get the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Reded7799, Dec 27, 2015.

1. Reded7799
    Reded7799 Guest

I purchased a new Xbox One and after setup, including connecting my cable tv to the console, I am not getting any audio from my Xbox! I can get the audio from the cable when I am watching tv through the console but when I switch to Xbox there is no audio!
    Help please.

:)

Reded7799, Dec 27, 2015
  2. Razer Kraken Pro + Astro Mixamp?

Hello guys
    I have a pair of Kraken Pro and I would like to use them to play on the Xbox 360e and Xbox One.
    I thought that I could buy the Astro Mixamp, connect the mic and audio cable (Using a Y Splitter) to the MixAmp. Then hook up the MixAmp to my consoles.
    Will I receive the game audio into my headset?
    The Kraken are 7.1 Surround Sound, will the MixAmp be able to deliver it?
    Will I be able to talk in Xbox Live using the Razer Kraken Pro Mic?

Bests
    HospitalMadness

HospitalMadnes, Dec 27, 2015
  3. Fred Grizzle
    Fred Grizzle Guest
    Dolby Surround on Xbox One X

Hello,

I have a very high end surround sound system with a Denon receiver. When I had an Xbox One I was not able to run my cable television through the Xbox as the XBox would take over the audio and I would lose a lot of the surround sound quality versus using
    the receiver. I just purchased a One X and it appears there are a lot more options related to passing through sound and video including Bitstream. I am passing through 4K with HDR+ for the video and am curious if I am able to pass through the audio to the
    receiver and let the receiver use its higher end codecs to process the audio. I forget which version of Dolby I am using, I think it is a step below Atmos.

In summary, what settings on the One X should I set so that the audio from my Xfinity cable box is not processed by the Xbox but passed through to be processed by my receiver? Or do I have to skip using the Xbox for my TV and go straight from Xfinity to
    my receiver? Thanks for the help and suggestions!

Fred Grizzle, Dec 27, 2015
  4. NewBlacksmurf Win User

OPTICAL PORT ISSUES

5. Red264 Win User

Xbox One X sound to audio receiver

You can buy HDMI ARC converter boxes on Amazon that will enable HDMI-ARC on old sound systems, they are essentially dummy sound systems that pose as an ARC receiver then pass the audio to the sound system plugged in at the other end.

Be aware that HDMI-ARC is no different from optical, it only supports PCM 2.0 (stereo) Dolby 5.1 and DTS 5.1, thats all you get. If you desire HD audio formats or PCM 7.1 you need a 4K/HDR compatible sound system.

Dolby Atmos is buggy on Xbox because of the way the Xbox audio engine works, MS have an audio upmixer that merges the system UI sounds with audio streams but this does not play well when bitstreaming Atmos. Which on a technical level is handing off the audio
    from Xbox to the sound system to decode so you can see why their upmixer causes all sorts of problems. There really should be a toggle in the audio settings to disable the upmixer (thereby muting system audio) when using Atmos or bitstreaming Blu-ray/Movie/TV
    audio in general.

Atmos is not designed for gaming in short.
  6. UnixPimp Win User

No Audio with Netflix

I have the same problem. I have a Pioneer receiver with 4 HDMI inputs. If the Netfix video has Dolby 5.1 audio, then I get sound. If it only has a stereo audio track, then no sound. If the video has both tracks, then only the 5.1 track has sound. I
    went into the system settings for my Xbox, and changed the digital audio settings. Stereo does not produce any sound on the Xbox. The two 5.1 settings do produce sound on the Xbox.

It looks like the Xbox will not produce plan 2 channel stereo out of the HDMI cable.

I hooked up the adapter on the Xbox that has the optical out cable. If I connect the Xbox to the Pioneer receiver with HDMI for the video and the optical cable for the audio, then I get sound for 5.1 and 2 channel stereo. This is not the best workaround,
    but it does work for my receiver and TV combination.
  7. Demetrius690 Win User

I have a MSI G241 monitor, a Xbox one X, and a LG Z407 Speaker. I have the speaker plugged into my monitor and HDMI for my Xbox. But the speaker isn’t playing any sound. How can I fix this?

So the optical audio I need the Xbox connected to a TV? And if I want to use HDMI Audio I have to buy a receiver to hear the Xbox sound on my speakers?
  8. Misses Joust Win User

Need help with my surround system

G'day APEX! Hooking up a sound system is pretty simple. Leave the HDMI cable hooked up to your TV for video. Your system likely came with an audio cable. Plug one end of that into the optical audio port on the back of your console, and plug the other end
    into the audio input port on your sound system's receiver.

Here's a handy image to help you along.

If you run into any issues, let us know where you're getting caught up and we'll be happy to help you though it. Keep us posted!
Thema:

1. Using my receiver/sound system to deliver the Xbox audio - Similar Threads - Using receiver sound

2. Recording in game voice using game bar

in XboX Insiders
    Recording in game voice using game bar: Is it possible to make game bar only record my voice input when using in game voice chat, rather than recording all input ? submitted by /u/s3cy7 [link] [comments]
  3. Is there any possible way at all to use a usb mic on a series S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there any possible way at all to use a usb mic on a series S?: Recently bought a Razer Blackshark v2 X usb mic for my Xbox. Didn’t realise it was usb until after I had bought it. I was wondering if there is any possibility at all that I can use it with my...
  4. Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...: For some reason when ever i try to download my call of duty black ops games they don’t wanna download on my external storage they download to my xbox but not my external storage all my other games...
  5. I Want To Use My External HDD On My Xbox One With My Windows PC However…

in XBoX on Windows
    I Want To Use My External HDD On My Xbox One With My Windows PC However…: I am thinking of using my External HDD that is currently formatted for my Xbox One with my Windows PC. I know the steps of going on disk management and creating a new volume but I was also...
  6. I have a completed suspension, I received this from a harrassing player as I used indirect...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have a completed suspension, I received this from a harrassing player as I used indirect...: I was on a game and got provoked and harassed during game play for a good while, eventually cracked and got into conflict , the harrassing player reported a message that used in direct swearing....
  7. says code i received was used previuosly uploaded but did not have windows 10 now i have...

in XBoX on Windows
    says code i received was used previuosly uploaded but did not have windows 10 now i have...: i cannot upload microsoft flight simulator 40th edition. I had tried to upload with windows 7 Told by microsoft need windows 10 purchased and uploaded it now it will not accept code says "used"....
  8. Why can I receive messages from individuals that use homophobic words or tell me to "k***...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can I receive messages from individuals that use homophobic words or tell me to "k***...: It has happened twice so far, where I will receive a message from someone I have played against. In said messages there is always some kind of hate speech or something about how I should, "k***...
  9. Urgent. Receiving constant one-time use code emails.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Urgent. Receiving constant one-time use code emails.: I requested a one-time code for logging in about a week ago. Ever since then I have received non stop emails of new codes, about 9 per day. 635ff8d2-5487-43f8-a513-d330839008a8
  10. Why do I keep receiving used XBOX elite series 2 controllers from Microsoft?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I keep receiving used XBOX elite series 2 controllers from Microsoft?: I'm on my second xbox elite series 2 controller. The first one I sent back because I unboxed it and noticed blemishes all over the underside of the grips (seemed like a refurbished product). I...