Using my hotels wifi network

Discus and support Using my hotels wifi network in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Im having connectivity prblems when authenticating my hotels wireless network f2618e1a-f1b4-47ad-a1ee-c85736157719 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Chad Snyder1, Jan 4, 2023.

1. Chad Snyder1
    Chad Snyder1 Guest

Im having connectivity prblems when authenticating my hotels wireless network

:)

Chad Snyder1, Jan 4, 2023
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Chad Snyder1,

Hope you are doing well. Thanks for posting to the Microsoft Community.

First, I would like to offer our deepest apologies for the lack of a timely response to your question. We suffered some unexpected staffing issues over the holidays and clearly we let you down.

Can you please let us know if you still need assistance with this, or if you already solved it through another path? Again, our apologies, and thank you for your understanding as we try to catch up.

We look forward to your reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. ngocphi Win User

If it's browser based you have ro sign in via edge on the console it may not accept this ia finicky usually you sign into the Wi-Fi and it brings up the webpage to sign isn't meant for consoles you can use your phone as a hotspot to connect to Wi-Fi that way
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Good day!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Moderator
  5. EvilBoris GX Win User

Cant believe I payed 600 for this crap!!

Here is how I connect my console to a hotel network:

Find your mobile phone's wireless MAC address (should be hidden away in the network settings or info)

Copy this address into the advanced network settings of the Xbox One

Using your phone, log into the hotel phone's wi-fi, once you are connected, try connecting on your Xbox One again.

Fingers crossed you should be able to trick the Hotel WiFi into thinking your console is actually the phone.

as soon as something starts to happen, turn the wifi off on your phone.If that doesn't work, try logging in on your phone, turning off the wifi then quickly turning on your xbox and connecting to the hotel WIFI.

Hopefully that works for you
  6. jmcode Win User

Can't play any online games, connected to xbox live though.

J Dub, no, you can get travel routers that support multiple modes, including bridge mode. This connects to the hotel's wifi then creates its own wifi on with an SSID and settings you specify.

I am very surprised you are getting open NAT in a hotel. Either the hotel has a fairly simple wifi network and working UPnP, or it is being erroneously reported as open.
Thema:

1. Using my hotels wifi network - Similar Threads - Using hotels wifi

2. Help! A tap water/ vinegar mix was used to wipe my series x. It has a big dark spot (maybe...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help! A tap water/ vinegar mix was used to wipe my series x. It has a big dark spot (maybe...: Here is a photo of it. The marks are most likely water/vinegar mix. I hate when There are marks like this. [img] 411af9ba-49b4-47e4-a3fa-6c40e793f6fd
  3. If I completely remove the left analog joystick without replacement..to compatibly use the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I completely remove the left analog joystick without replacement..to compatibly use the...: If I completely remove the left analog joystick without replacement..to compatibly use the arrow buttons direction will it work ea86895f-ddb2-47e6-8c75-b19b25a1e034
  4. I'm trying to use my Mobile Hotspot to play Xbox. Connect but doesn't work

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm trying to use my Mobile Hotspot to play Xbox. Connect but doesn't work: So my Mobile Hotspot will connect to my Xbox.And when I say test internet connection, it says can't connect to the internet.I says you need to work on your internet service provider to fix your...
  5. What should i do? I bought a 100 robux digital card using the reward points I got and I...

in XBoX on Windows
    What should i do? I bought a 100 robux digital card using the reward points I got and I...: How can I get the code or get my points back? 5139d47a-5472-4374-af39-ccef3e3222cc
  6. So can I not even use my reward points or something??

in XBoX on Windows
    So can I not even use my reward points or something??: I’ve spent two days straight trying to redeem my reward points for 200 overwatch coins. But when I try to use my phone number, it tells me to use another form of verification. I’ve tried making a...
  7. Is it possible to code a gaming mouse using the brainded cable itself??

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is it possible to code a gaming mouse using the brainded cable itself??: Is it possible to code a gaming mouse using the brainded cable itself?? I have a GM600 (Ant E-sports) Is there any way to do it..? b9b26253-936c-4233-8232-cbb9b3758fd3
  8. How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC?: Hello! As the title says. How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC? There is a guide claiming that it can be done from the Xbox Accessories app. However,...
  9. Xbox One S - Alternate MAC Address 'Spoofing' No Longer Works for Hotel Use

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S - Alternate MAC Address 'Spoofing' No Longer Works for Hotel Use: I hope this saves people hours of searching. As the title reads, using an Alternate MAC address no longer works on the Xbox One S. I tried for hours to figure out how to change the MAC on my new...
  10. Unable to connect to game servers, but can use apps, see friends, etc. just fine (using hotel ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to connect to game servers, but can use apps, see friends, etc. just fine (using hotel ...: I travel a lot for work so I'm in and out of hotels quite a bit. I brought my Xbox along with me this time because I wanted to enjoy Destiny when it's released tomorrow. When I got to the hotel, I...