Using external drive in gamepass

Discus and support Using external drive in gamepass in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello I would like to use my external hard drive to download games from gamepass but even if I selected an external hard drive as a source it is still... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Taha BoranÇam, Jul 15, 2021.

1. Using external drive in gamepass

Hello

I would like to use my external hard drive to download games from gamepass but even if I selected an external hard drive as a source it is still loading to the MSIXVC folder

:)

Taha BoranÇam, Jul 15, 2021
  2. Taha BoranÇam Win User

I am on Windows PC and this is the folder I am referring to:
    [​IMG]
  3. Taha BoranÇam Win User

[​IMG]

I did that but games still downloaded to C: (except sea of thives which is downloaded to D: even before I changed this setting)
    [​IMG]

My another question is can I move downloaded folders to external drive?
  4. SP Rhino Win User

5. SP Rhino Win User

Can you explain if you are on pc or xbox ? if Xbox which folder you are referring to, are you saying that downloads from xbox are going directly to your internal storage ? despite an external drive being chosen ?
  6. SwordofWhedon Win User

Cant start my game disc on my dvd in my console xbox one

While you can store it on your external drive, you must have the disc in if you don't own if digitally, or it;s not on gamepass
Thema:

1. Using external drive in gamepass - Similar Threads - Using external drive

2. is using a laptop with it's battery removed, and using the adapter instead safe?

in XBoX on Windows
    is using a laptop with it's battery removed, and using the adapter instead safe?: hi there, i own a asus tuf gaming laptop, and recently it's battery died. I have removed the battery, but i didn't replace it. i am using my laptop's charger to use my laptop. so far it has run...
  3. I just bought a used Xbox found out the console was banned. Does that mean I cannot...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just bought a used Xbox found out the console was banned. Does that mean I cannot...: Yes I bought a used xbox recently that didn't reveal to me that The console was Band I know, I can't play using online functions but does that Mean that I can't download the games that I've...
  4. Im using a different Xbox and signed into the correct account and my external storage won’t...

in XBoX on Windows
    Im using a different Xbox and signed into the correct account and my external storage won’t...: Okay so I had an Xbox and it stopped working recently so I tried bringing the external storage to a different Xbox and when I plug it in it recognizes the storage but it says owner needs to sign...
  5. Can´t use my external disc because of it is not NTFS

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can´t use my external disc because of it is not NTFS: I am unable to use my external disc because of this issue, reformatting it would casue all 500gb of files to be removed so that is not an optiion, I have found a work around using the microsoft...
  6. Why does my Xbox delete games off it, I am not short on storage nor am I using a external...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Xbox delete games off it, I am not short on storage nor am I using a external...: I am sick of going to play my games and some of them have been deleted, I don't have unlimited internet like most people do so every time one of my games get deleted I have to wait to be able to...
  7. Can I retrieve documents from my external drive that was on it after the drive was used on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I retrieve documents from my external drive that was on it after the drive was used on...: Can I retrieve documents from my external drive that was on it after the drive was used on a xbox series s. 33a0a48a-409f-4192-94da-ba3631a8f4d5
  8. Are you not able to use external ssd with series games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are you not able to use external ssd with series games: I just bought a Seagate external SSD 1tb and my Xbox still says I need a faster storage space but says on Seagates website that it should work for those games specifically....
  9. Best external hard drive to use and do they cause any issue to xbox one

in XBoX on Windows
    Best external hard drive to use and do they cause any issue to xbox one: I'm on xbox one S and not sure why I keep getting xbox one green logo screen when I start yhe xbox one. ccbdf64e-1a5d-4bb3-8553-d9f3afa854a3
  10. Can i use my phone as an external storage to record xbox clips for over 10 minutes?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can i use my phone as an external storage to record xbox clips for over 10 minutes?: Hello, i want to record videos on xbox for over 10 minutes but i need an external storage, can i use my phone as an external storage? d95127c1-2cbb-4260-a8c6-8fd00757e9c0