Using direct tv through Xbox series x

Discus and support Using direct tv through Xbox series x in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; One cool feature with the xbox one is i could use the one guide app to run my direct tv through the system because of multiple hdmi inputs. Obviously... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MikeMarsden1, Nov 30, 2020.

  1. MikeMarsden1
    MikeMarsden1 Guest

    Using direct tv through Xbox series x


    One cool feature with the xbox one is i could use the one guide app to run my direct tv through the system because of multiple hdmi inputs. Obviously the series x only has one hdmi and 2 usb inputs. I do have a convertor for usb to hdmi so i was wondering
    if anyone knows if it can still be done to run direct tv through the series x

    :)
     
    MikeMarsden1, Nov 30, 2020
    #1
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

    Xbox series x hdmi cable

    Hi,

    You don't need a new TV to use an Xbox Series X. The HDMI cable that comes with the Series X is indeed designed for high bandwidth HDMI ports, but it's fully backwards compatible with HDMI 2.0 connectors.

    Just plug it in and run through the setup. If you buy a HDMI 2.1 supported TV or gaming monitor later you'll be all set to use the advanced features.
  3. RogueStar1983 Win User

    How do I set up cable on my Series X?

    Its not an option to have tv going through the xbox series x. Cable needs to be plugged in a different hdmi port.
  4. Ghandii-D133B761-B78 Win User

    PC Xbox App not recognising Game Pass Ultimate Sub

    Thanks I used to use the companion app for streaming but support seems to be iffy for it. It has never working with my Series X. Would like to do it natively through the Xbox App. If you could direct me to someone that would be great.

    Thanks for the help.
  5. HaoWang23rpi Win User

    Xbox series X has no in game sound but has sound on dashboard and everywhere else

    it only happens to the Xbox X series + Samsung TV. I have Xbox one and a sony TV as well. I tried Xbox X series + Sony TV and Xbox one + Samsung TV. both work...
  6. MHager22 Win User

    HDMI pass-through, do you use it? And do you want it on Series X?

    I use it and have since launch. It’s a great feature allowing me to just turn on my Xbox and that in turn turns on my receiver, DirecTV box and TV. I use all streaming apps through the Xbox and it makes it super easy to switch between TV, streaming and games.

    Really disappointed if this is removed from the Series X.
Thema:

Using direct tv through Xbox series x

Loading...
  1. Using direct tv through Xbox series x - Similar Threads - Using direct through

  2. "Turn off after" using sleep, not shutdown.

    in XboX Insiders
    "Turn off after" using sleep, not shutdown.: I originally addressed this in an Alpha Skip-Ahead comment, but it didn't receive any attention. "Report a Problem" tickets have been filed, so hopefully u/neonepiphany might have some information...
  3. I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue

    in XboX Insiders
    I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue: OP: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/comments/1vst1bu/games_and_apps_crashes_when_navigating_to_full/ I am on skip-ahead 10.0.26100.9620 The bug occurs on all rings and production build,...
  4. Bought a used Xbox enrolled in Insider - Need staff help to

    in XboX Insiders
    Bought a used Xbox enrolled in Insider - Need staff help to: Hello Xbox Insider Team, I bought a used Xbox console that is enrolled in the Xbox Insider Program under a previous account I cannot access. Since my Reddit account is new and I cannot send DMs,...
  5. How do I use the new free with adds

    in XboX Insiders
    How do I use the new free with adds: Is it a paid thing how do I activate it where do I turn it on I wanna test it out submitted by /u/teamfucktwitch [link] [comments]
  6. I can't use D2D on my Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    I can't use D2D on my Xbox Series X: I'm currently using an Xbox Series X. I installed the Xbox Insider Hub for the first time today, and it says that "This console is in the Preview Omega ring." In the Manage section, it shows:...
  7. Can I leave Xbox Insider after using the disc-to-digital feature?

    in XboX Insiders
    Can I leave Xbox Insider after using the disc-to-digital feature?: I’m thinking about joining the Xbox Insider Program mainly to try out the new disc-to-digital feature once it becomes available. My question is, after I use the feature, can I leave the Insider...
  8. Are xbox one users able to use the “voice in clips” feature?

    in XboX Insiders
    Are xbox one users able to use the “voice in clips” feature?: Just wondering, im on a xbox one s submitted by /u/Core_b7183 [link] [comments]
  9. Can't install games if using Xbox remote play to access the console since the most recent...

    in XboX Insiders
    Can't install games if using Xbox remote play to access the console since the most recent...: Prior to the update a couple days ago, I could remote into my Xbox from work and play and install games. Since the update, if I remote to the Xbox, it no longer has an install button for games....
  10. pls add the feature to directly stream to youtube from xbox it would be so useful

    in XBoX on Windows
    pls add the feature to directly stream to youtube from xbox it would be so useful: if you would add this it would make it so much easier to stream to youtube. By doing this you would get more xbox gamers live streaming hence getting you free advertisement....