Using an external harddrive for my capture location on Xbox Series X

Discus and support Using an external harddrive for my capture location on Xbox Series X in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My Xbox Series X wont accept my external hard drives as my capture location. Both are USB 3.0 and NTFS formatted. I have a Flash disk 3.0 SCSI disk... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DynFe26, Nov 6, 2021.

1. DynFe26
    DynFe26 Guest

My Xbox Series X wont accept my external hard drives as my capture location.

Both are USB 3.0 and NTFS formatted.

I have a Flash disk 3.0 SCSI disk drive and a Seagate Game Drive both 2TB.

The Xbox gives a must be USB 3.0 of faster error (0x80bd003b) for the Flash disk 3.0 SCSI disk drive

and a must be formatted as NTFS error (0x80bd003d) for the Seagate Game Drive even though its default format is NTFS.

Is there anything i can do to set either these devices up as my default capture location.

:)

DynFe26, Nov 6, 2021
  2. Jesse E' Win User

3. DynFe26 Win User

Tried all this an it’s the same, I have been through the FAQ’s and nothing seems to work.
  4. DynFe26 Win User

Hi Jesse

Thank you for your response. I have done this and both are formatted as required, the seagate drive default formatting as NTFS. But the Xbox says the seagate needs to be formatted even though it’s sayings it’s formatted as NTFS.
  5. Jesse E' Win User

I'll recommend you do a power cycle to clear the system cache

- Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.

- Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 2 minutes.

- Plug the console power cable back in. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on and check if it's all good.

If that doesn't help, I'll suggest you try doing a factory reset keeping games and apps on your console. This will refresh the console and remove all potential bugs without deleting any game data.

- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    - Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.
    - Select Reset console.
    - Choose Keep Games and Apps

Once that is done, you'll need to sign into the console using your Microsoft account credentials. If the issue is with your console, that should fix it.

Hope this helps.

Jesse.
  6. Jesse E' Win User

Thema:

1. Using an external harddrive for my capture location on Xbox Series X - Similar Threads - Using external harddrive

2. Using xbox 360 vertically causes damage to hard disk and game disk?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Using xbox 360 vertically causes damage to hard disk and game disk?: Is it true that using xbox 360 vertically causes damage to your game disk and hard disk? I heard it around, so maybe this console was not "ready" to work good vertically. I just bought the support...
  3. Whenever I try to use my external hardrive it says that I have to pick a folder

in XBoX on Consoles
    Whenever I try to use my external hardrive it says that I have to pick a folder: Regardless of whatever folder I pick it says "You can't set your default folder location to that one. Try another one" or "You can't change your default install location to that folder while it is...
  4. Im using a different Xbox and signed into the correct account and my external storage won’t...

in XBoX on Windows
    Im using a different Xbox and signed into the correct account and my external storage won’t...: Okay so I had an Xbox and it stopped working recently so I tried bringing the external storage to a different Xbox and when I plug it in it recognizes the storage but it says owner needs to sign...
  5. Can´t use my external disc because of it is not NTFS

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can´t use my external disc because of it is not NTFS: I am unable to use my external disc because of this issue, reformatting it would casue all 500gb of files to be removed so that is not an optiion, I have found a work around using the microsoft...
  6. Why does my Xbox delete games off it, I am not short on storage nor am I using a external...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Xbox delete games off it, I am not short on storage nor am I using a external...: I am sick of going to play my games and some of them have been deleted, I don't have unlimited internet like most people do so every time one of my games get deleted I have to wait to be able to...
  7. Can I retrieve documents from my external drive that was on it after the drive was used on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I retrieve documents from my external drive that was on it after the drive was used on...: Can I retrieve documents from my external drive that was on it after the drive was used on a xbox series s. 33a0a48a-409f-4192-94da-ba3631a8f4d5
  8. Are you not able to use external ssd with series games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are you not able to use external ssd with series games: I just bought a Seagate external SSD 1tb and my Xbox still says I need a faster storage space but says on Seagates website that it should work for those games specifically....
  9. Best external hard drive to use and do they cause any issue to xbox one

in XBoX on Windows
    Best external hard drive to use and do they cause any issue to xbox one: I'm on xbox one S and not sure why I keep getting xbox one green logo screen when I start yhe xbox one. ccbdf64e-1a5d-4bb3-8553-d9f3afa854a3
  10. Can i use my phone as an external storage to record xbox clips for over 10 minutes?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can i use my phone as an external storage to record xbox clips for over 10 minutes?: Hello, i want to record videos on xbox for over 10 minutes but i need an external storage, can i use my phone as an external storage? d95127c1-2cbb-4260-a8c6-8fd00757e9c0

Users found this page by searching for:

1. flssh usb disk scsi disk device xbox x