using account credit to purchase on Xbox store

Discus and support using account credit to purchase on Xbox store in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; went to purchase game "confirm purchase" pressed game downloaded no in-between screen to say "would you like to use credit on account" no refunds... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by theFS60, Sep 9, 2017.

1. theFS60
    theFS60 Guest

went to purchase game

"confirm purchase" pressed

game downloaded

no in-between screen to say "would you like to use credit on account"

no refunds

receipt received - full cost charged to credit card, no account credit used automatically

terrible system

fix this microsoft as of now no further Xbox Store purchases are going to be made

tried to use support/customer service, went through all the account login, etc. etc. and entered issue and received error code in return

what will resolve issue?

apply account credit to credit card on file and reduce the amount

:)

theFS60, Sep 9, 2017
  2. timelord2009
    timelord2009 Guest
    Error code 0x8c150020

i am having the same problem and i tried to purchase the game on the xbox store and i was told u can no longer buy using account credit..

timelord2009, Sep 9, 2017
  3. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    Redeeming Gift Card Codes?

When you redeem a gift code it adds money to your Microsoft account balance. When you make a purchase on the Xbox store it will give you the option of using a credit card/Paypal or using your account balance.

Smwutches, Sep 9, 2017
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

To get a refund on the purchase you would need to contact support and speak to billing. 1-800-4my-xbox if you're in the US/Canada or
    Contact Us | Xbox Support

When you confirm a purchase, it will charge whatever payment option you have chosen. So you have to make sure your account balance is selected before confirming the purchase.

Smwutches, Sep 9, 2017
  5. Smwutches Win User

To get a refund on the purchase you would need to contact support and speak to billing. 1-800-4my-xbox if you're in the US/Canada or
    http://support.xbox.com/contact-us

When you confirm a purchase, it will charge whatever payment option you have chosen. So you have to make sure your account balance is selected before confirming the purchase.
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

Gift Card Credits not appearing in Game

The gift card for the credits may have put money on your account, so you can purchase the credits from the Xbox store. Check your account, and see if money has been put on it. If it has, then use it to purchase from the store.
  7. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Xbox Live Gold Payment options

To use that offer you need valid method of payment linked to your account (like credit card or pay pal). You can't use your account's credit to purchase xbox live membership through the xbox online store.
  8. wi7bit Win User

Can i buy Windows Store PC Games by using Xbox gift card?

I think Microsoft makes this super confusing, as I've seen the question asked a few times.

Basically, Microsoft Store cards and Xbox Store cards are one in the same thing. Purchasing either just puts the credit on your Microsoft account that can be used to purchase anything linked to your Microsoft account. Films, games, merchandise, hardware
    etc.

I've purchased films using left over credit from a game purchase (xbox gift card) just today!
  9. Mister Beep Win User

I can't convert my credits to Xbox-Live

Hey there,

Xbox Live Gold memberships cannot be purchased with Microsoft Account balance, but with a credit card on file instead. Microsoft Account balance can be used on purchases within the Xbox Store.

Hope this helps clear it up!
Thema:

1. using account credit to purchase on Xbox store - Similar Threads - using account credit

2. If i pay for a developer account with my credit card does microsoft store and use the data...

in XBoX on Windows
    If i pay for a developer account with my credit card does microsoft store and use the data...: I want to get a developer account so that i can enable dev mode on my xbox series S. For some reason u have to use a credit card as payment option. my question is if i enter my credit card...
  3. Use Microsoft credit from parent account to purchase an item on my sons account.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Use Microsoft credit from parent account to purchase an item on my sons account.: I would like to use my Microsoft credit to purchase an item on my sons account. He’s listed as a family member. When I enter his account to add funds, I can see my Microsoft credit for $100 but...
  4. On my account there is a bug wich allows user's to log into my account and use a credit...

in XBoX Accessibility
    On my account there is a bug wich allows user's to log into my account and use a credit...: Purchasing a set amount off money at $100.00 Xbox Digital Gift Card $100.00 Xbox Digital Gift Card . I have the digital gift in my cart inside Cart: 8391814690. I click CheckOut which pushes me to...
  5. Can I use a credit on my account to send as a gift to my son?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I use a credit on my account to send as a gift to my son?: Hi I have £50 on my Microsoft account that I want to gift to my son for his birthday so he can use on his x box - is this possible? 7391ca0e-25b5-4005-98f4-95a2f758bf19
  6. Split payment, use up credit balance, child account.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Split payment, use up credit balance, child account.: As I figured out the solution this is more of an informative comment than a question. How do you use up a remaining Microsoft credit balance by splitting a payment for online store purchases with...
  7. cant use credit on my microsoft account.

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    cant use credit on my microsoft account.: I bought $100 xbox card from amazon. the email amazon send me said to redeem this card click here, so I did and it just credited my Microsoft account. this was for my son and going back and forth...
  8. is it possible to use microsoft account credit as partial payment

in XBoX Games and Apps
    is it possible to use microsoft account credit as partial payment: Hello all. I have a question i'm not sure if this has been asked before but. is it possible to use microsoft account credit as partial payment for purchases on the xbox microsoft console store...
  9. Auto Renewal on my Mum's credit card for a account I don't use.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Auto Renewal on my Mum's credit card for a account I don't use.: My Mum received a bill stating that £39.99 had been taken out for a year of Xbox Live. I have checked my account and can see that her card is not on there. It was purchased to an unknown account....
  10. How do I use credit on my microsoft account to pay for an item that a member of my microsoft ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I use credit on my microsoft account to pay for an item that a member of my microsoft ...: My son received some x box gift cards for his birthday so I redeemed them on my account thinking that when he requests some V-bucks then I can approve the purchase rather than him spending them...