Using a VPN to potentially eradicate high ping/lag while playing on Xbox Live

Discus and support Using a VPN to potentially eradicate high ping/lag while playing on Xbox Live in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Using a VPN to potentially eradicate high ping/lag while playing on Xbox Live Ok I have to ask about your logic How does adding another connection... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by Gaston_1992, Feb 2, 2021.

1. Gaston_1992
    Gaston_1992 Guest

Ok I have to ask about your logic

How does adding another connection inbetween you and a server going to speed things up?.

Its not its going to slow you down

Unless you are trying to connect to a far off server like the us and you are in asia

Which case you are asking for latency

Vpns slow you down not speed you up thry are for secure connections and can cause issues with downloads

:)

Gaston_1992, Feb 2, 2021
  2. ngocphi Win User

Ok I have to ask about your logic

How does adding another connection inbetween you and a server going to speed things up?.

Its not its going to slow you down

Unless you are trying to connect to a far off server like the us and you are in asia

Which case you are asking for latency

Vpns slow you down not speed you up thry are for secure connections and can cause issues with downloads
  3. CrimsonReaper76 Win User

Xbox one wireless not working right?

I'm not sure all i know is that my cousins play their xbox ones and never have problems with lag, and even when no one else is using the internet i still lag. I go from normal ping to high amounts constantly. It makes my xbox USELESS to play.
  4. Praetorian VIII Win User

US region servers - wishing for a region lock

You do realise that people playing in the correct region can still cause lag? It's a ping lock you want. People below a certain ping level can't join the servers. That will not only eliminate people from outside the server with high ping, but it will
    also eliminate people with high ping in the correct region.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Please help with ping/latency on Xbox

Hi,

The speed test is just a general test to the Microsoft server. The fact that it's higher (potentially a lot higher) than the ping you get from an internet speed test site should be of no real concern. Do you suffer lag in online games?

I can't explain why it's higher now than what why it was before. It maybe that the location of the test server is now further away than what it was before. The 'ping' measured in milliseconds (ms) is more about distance than speed.

No matter how good and how fast your internet connection is, connecting to a server hundreds of miles away from your location will always get a higher ping than one from a few miles away.

That does not mean that a high ping on the test means that you'll now have a high ping when playing online. Most gaming services you use to play with others online on Xbox Live are not even run by Microsoft. For example, all of EA's online games run off EA servers.
  6. NeoDan123 Win User

what to do when games lag?

Good day

You will experience game lag in multiplayer games if the server of the game is in another region.

The higher the ping is the more likely you are to get lag, i get a high ping as we dont have servers in my country to play on. So we have to play on servers located in other countries.
Thema:

1. Using a VPN to potentially eradicate high ping/lag while playing on Xbox Live - Similar Threads - Using VPN potentially

2. i accidently used a vpn on microsoft rewards

in XBoX on Windows
    i accidently used a vpn on microsoft rewards: and now it says its temp disabled please help me unlock it 645d5543-b2bd-4525-b1d6-645e271f6d2f
  3. Fix wifi in which i by mistake used a vpn

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fix wifi in which i by mistake used a vpn: I by mistake got into microsoft rewards with vpn and microsoft rewards stoped working even if i stop my VPN. After which i tried to join a Minecraft PE Server and it showed 'not authenticated...
  4. Am I allowed to use a VPN to access cloud gaming in unsupported countries?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Am I allowed to use a VPN to access cloud gaming in unsupported countries?: I wanted to use cloud gaming but I was traveling to an unsupported country, I was planning to circumvent this by using a VPN or proxy but was unsure if this was allowed....
  5. why my account is suspend i am not using vpn and multiple account please please my account...

in XBoX Accessibility
    why my account is suspend i am not using vpn and multiple account please please my account...: account is restricted at present as my recent activity is indicative of a potential breach of the . i use search in good faith, and but rewards account will automatically was not restored upon...
  6. I got to use vpn to change out Michigan severs even though some games change lobby it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I got to use vpn to change out Michigan severs even though some games change lobby it...: I got to use vpn on my Xbox console just to play a game without people using aim bot on pc games or strikerpack on console . It’s been confirmed skill base is off your router IP address and your...
  7. Can i use vpn?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can i use vpn?: Hi, I was wondering if you could get banned for using a VPN on xbox series x ?For playing games and download . (Through my laptop, wired through the pc to the xbox (service running on laptop) )...
  8. I use microsoft rewards with vpn can i redeem a unated states coupon on greece ??

in XBoX Accessibility
    I use microsoft rewards with vpn can i redeem a unated states coupon on greece ??: i use the microsoft rewards with vpn so i will buy with my points an xbox gift card of 10$ can i use this card on greece if i will bought it from unated states server ?? plz awnser...
  9. Can I use a vpn?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I use a vpn?: I used a vpn on Microsoft rewards to get point because I didnt see anything on the Microsoft terms about it or anything noticable about it. And know I'm afraid that I might get banned. Somebody...
  10. que pasa si uso vpn para obtener microsoft rewards (what happens if I use VPN to get...

in XBoX on Consoles
    que pasa si uso vpn para obtener microsoft rewards (what happens if I use VPN to get...: quiero saber si me banearan por usarlo para conseguir 1000 puntos Translation: I want to know if I get banned for using it to get 1000 points 191f524b-e4c1-43e5-ab2c-1681bfa1da44