Using a PC headset with 3.5mm jack on Xbox 360

Discus and support Using a PC headset with 3.5mm jack on Xbox 360 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I recently picked up an original Xbox 360, and, decided to buy a 3.5mm female to 2.5mm male adapter, so that I could plug my headset, or at the very... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by EagerSkydiver60, Apr 30, 2018.

1. Using a PC headset with 3.5mm jack on Xbox 360

So I recently picked up an original Xbox 360, and, decided to buy a 3.5mm female to 2.5mm male adapter, so that I could plug my headset, or at the very least some earbuds, into the console, to hear the game through them, but the adapter does not seem to
    work. It is a comsol 3.5mm female to 2.5mm male adapter, and the headset is a hyperx cloud stinger. So my question is, is there any reason this isn't working, or is there a way to hear my game through the headphones?

Thanks

:)

EagerSkydiver60, Apr 30, 2018
  2. XRaiderV1.
    XRaiderV1. Guest
    looking to get a headset...

I'm looking to get a headset for my xbox one, as I've got one of the new controllers with the 3.5mm jack, my question is, can I use ANY headset with this that has a 3.5mm jack, even if its one of those cheap $10 cellphone headsets, provided it has
    the required 3.5mm jack?

XRaiderV1., Apr 30, 2018
  3. bowski477
    bowski477 Guest
    xbox one contoller

What kind of headset? Are you using the 3.5mm jack?

bowski477, Apr 30, 2018
  4. bowski477 Win User

Xbox One Controller Specifications

When the original Xbox One launched there was no 3.5mm port for headsets. This jack port wasn't added until 2015. So before that this port was used with Xbox One specific headsets or you could purchase a headset adapter to use for your headsets that required
    a 3.5mm jack.

Nowadays it's used with the chatpad and some headsets still use it. But the 3.5mm jack is still what most people use.
  5. Swaded x Zatch Win User

If I buy a Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter can I use a xbox 360 headset? Also can I use any genuine 3.5mm headset on xbox one?

Yes sir. Not entirely sure about "any genuine 3.5mm headset". I don't know if, for example, an Iphone headset + mic would work or not, but you can definitely use ANY Xbox 360 headset that has a 3.5mm jack.
  6. XBF Crystal P Win User

Party chat through Xbox App while hearing voice/game audio through headset connected to controller

Hi there Horito,

Thanks for the reply. I was able to take a look into some resources. If you are using an Xbox One Controller, you will need the following components:

• Xbox One headset adapter
    • 3.5mm CTIA Splitter cable (3 lines on the jack)
    • 3.5mm jack to jack auxiliary cable ( 2 lines on the jack)
    You will need to connect the Xbox One headset adapter to the Xbox One Controller. Then the 3.5mm CTIA Splitter cable (3 lines on the jack) connects into the adapter. The splitter cable will be identified as headset and mic. The 3.5mm jack to jack auxiliary
    cable ( 2 lines on the jack) will be used in the mic cord to the Yeti Mic.

Hope this helps.
  7. dukhi-5860687B-4281- Win User

headset problem

Chances are your pc headset uses the 3.5mm headphone jack, which, unfortunately the xbox 360 controllers use a 1.8mm.

The only real solution is getting a headset that can be used on both, might I suggest turtlebeaches x11's.

Cheap and easy to set up. PM if you need any other advice.
  8. Tezzerrific Win User

Xbox One Wired Chat Headset on PC

the original headset does not come with a 3.5mm jack but comes with a hardwired adapter that only plugs into the controller, no other way to connect it to the pc other than using a wired xbox controller or the wireless adapter with controller.

be better buying a one hear chat headset from turtle beach that has 3.5mm, or even better any usb headset as pc works with all including usb headsets.
Thema:

Using a PC headset with 3.5mm jack on Xbox 360

1. Using a PC headset with 3.5mm jack on Xbox 360 - Similar Threads - Using headset 5mm

2. Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC: Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC It pairs and the headphones works, but mic does not work, even MS Teams says mic is not working.....
  3. Xbox wireless headset mic wont be recognised on PC, using wireless adapter for pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset mic wont be recognised on PC, using wireless adapter for pc: Hello. I've tried a long time to make my Xbox wireless headset mic to work on PC. I'm using the Xbox wireless adapter for pc, and I've been trying alot of things. Updating it to the latest...
  4. I'm having an issue with my turtle beach 600 gen 2 USB headset for Xbox. I use it on pc.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm having an issue with my turtle beach 600 gen 2 USB headset for Xbox. I use it on pc.: I'm having an issue with my turtle beach 600 gen 2 USB headset for Xbox. I use it on pc. And it cuts out almost every 20 mins then cuts back on after like 5-10 secs. It's really annoying. I...
  5. I have a USB Kraken Gaming headset and would like to use it on my xbox one series s please...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have a USB Kraken Gaming headset and would like to use it on my xbox one series s please...: I have a USB Kraken Gaming headset and would like to use it on my xbox one series s please advise if i am just wasting my time or can i be helped with this matter am i doing something wrong?...
  6. My sons xbox series s wont let him use a headset to talk with anyone, i think we have set...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My sons xbox series s wont let him use a headset to talk with anyone, i think we have set...: My sons xbox series s wont let him use a headset to talk with his friends, if i factory reset it can i download games i have already purchased again?? aa06192c-8517-4ebb-9060-4741170d0830
  7. Xbox wireless headset cutting out when using streaming video on xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset cutting out when using streaming video on xbox one: My headset is cutting in and out (clipping) only when using streaming apps like YouTube, Netflix of Hulu. I've downloaded updates for the headset and reset them as well. This only happens on video...
  8. Can I use a VR headset to play msfs (flight sim) on a Xbox X. If yes, which VR headset...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I use a VR headset to play msfs (flight sim) on a Xbox X. If yes, which VR headset...: Can I use a VR headset to play msfs (flight sim) on a Xbox X. If yes, which VR headset would you recommend ? e2fb82fc-6a51-40a1-b136-2731426204cf
  9. Headset chat mixer is grayed out and can't use it

in XBoX on Windows
    Headset chat mixer is grayed out and can't use it: Tried to restart everything and doesn't work can't hear any game audio but I can hear people in party's and discord just can't hear anything else was working yesterday and it's not broken turned...
  10. I have a third party headset using a Microsoft Contrller dongle. My sound keeos cutting in...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a third party headset using a Microsoft Contrller dongle. My sound keeos cutting in...: I have a third party headset using a Microsoft Controller dongle. My sound keeps cutting in and out whilst playing destiny 2 via Steam. It is getting progressively worse....