Using a Gamertag being used on 2nd account

Discus and support Using a Gamertag being used on 2nd account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have 2 Xbox accounts. 1 I used in the U.S. when I lived there and now the one I use in the UK. What I want to do is use the name I use on my US... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Fangnon, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Fangnon
    Fangnon Guest

I have 2 Xbox accounts. 1 I used in the U.S. when I lived there and now the one I use in the UK.

What I want to do is use the name I use on my US account on my UK gamertag. My US is Wir3tap and UK is Wir3tap81. Can I rename my US to something different then rename the UK to Wir3tap? How do I go about this?

:)

Fangnon, Oct 24, 2017
  2. Xbox Live account not connecting to my Microsoft account.

if you Login with a different gamertag, this can only be caused by using a different email.

if your correct gamertag is using automatic Login on your xbox, you check your email

-> navigate to Settings -> select account - > 2steps right -> open account security -> current Microsoft account =? it can not be the same as you are using on your 2nd new gamertag

StefanNeubauer, Oct 24, 2017
  3. Mr Noble
    Mr Noble Guest
    do digital codes work worldwide?

If you have problems redeeming it on a UK account just set up a US gamertag redeem it on there and play on UK account.

IIRC Xbox one games were touted as being region free so you should be good to go either way :thumbsup:

Mr Noble, Oct 24, 2017
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

You would have to change your US gamertag to something different to free it up for use and then change your UK tag. You will have to pay for each change. How to Change Your Xbox Gamertag

Smwutches, Oct 24, 2017
  5. Fangnon
    Fangnon Guest
    is there a time delay to do it or can I expect to do it instantly?

Fangnon, Nov 1, 2018
  6. Smwutches Win User

7. Fangnon Win User

8. WPAK Win User

Xbox Username

Hi there,

if it's about the Gamertag (so not the account) then the only option there is, then that will require you to do two gamertag changes.

1. Change the gamertag on the 2nd account, so it will become available to be used.

2. Change the gamertag on the 1st account to the gamertag that should now be available, since it isn't used by the 2nd account.

Please be aware that there are risks and limitations.

For example, if these are older style gamertags then it might not even work at all, if somebody else decides to want that gamertag while you are in the process of changing it and grabs it before you. And there might be other things resulting in not being able to get it switched around.

I myself wouldn't risk it.
  9. Shenman891 Win User

Can I Swap Gamertag between accounts ?

Alright, this is sad.

I was wondering, If I delete the 2nd account and change the gamertag of the 1st account, Will the gamertag of the 2nd account will be available ?

As I deleted the account, it can be used again right ? Or this doesn't work like that ?

Thanks anyway :)
  10. Njal the Blue Win User

Account not being used with gamertag that I want

It may never be released. As long as that gamertag is linked to an active Microsoft account, it will remain with that account.

There is a new gamertag system rolling out, where you can pick any gamertag (up to 12 characters and within the code of conduct) and a numbered suffix will be added.

https://social.xbox.com/en-us/changegamertag
Thema:

1. Using a Gamertag being used on 2nd account - Similar Threads - Using Gamertag being

2. Says gamertag isnt original but cant find the account using the tag.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Says gamertag isnt original but cant find the account using the tag.: Im trying to use a gamertag and the suffix implies the tag isnt original but after much searching Im unable to find the account the currently owns the gamertag 593e7511-59d2-4685-8cdb-8af7a47e54f8
  3. Apps are using old gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Apps are using old gamertag: I changed my Gamertag, and it is updated on the console and on the account page of the website, but both the Xbox Companion app, and the Xbox Social app on PC are still using the old Gamertag...
  4. If I am waiting for a gamertag to clear up (someone already has it) and I try to use it...

in XBoX Accessibility
    If I am waiting for a gamertag to clear up (someone already has it) and I try to use it...: I use the gamertag PDG200 for almost everything, and I am running into the problem that someone already has that tag in microsoft. I put my name in as PDG200 and it added a suffix. If the person...
  5. Can't use old gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't use old gamertag: When I try to change a gamertag it is said "This will replace *. Once you confirm the change, * will be available to others. So I confirmed the change and when I try to use my old gamertag on...
  6. Help retrieving email used on a gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Help retrieving email used on a gamertag: I just purchased a new Xbox console after many years of not having one and do not know how to access the email associated with my gamer tag - can someone please help me with this? I have tried...
  7. Can I use an Xbox 10€ gift card to change my gamertag?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I use an Xbox 10€ gift card to change my gamertag?: I want to change my gamertag (this being the second time). Can I use a 10€ gift card to change my gamertag without being required to have a credit card linked to my Microsoft account? And are...
  8. Need help with managing time limit for my son whose gamertag is use my email address

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help with managing time limit for my son whose gamertag is use my email address: My email address as a parent ( Orginizer) , is associated with my son gamertag. This is an issue , since I can not control time limit for him under this gamer tag. I need help changing / replacing...
  9. Cant change gamertag to one that I used before

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cant change gamertag to one that I used before: Ok, so in short I had 2 Microsoft accounts = 2 Xbox accounts. Then I decided to change one of the accounts gamertag to the others, I did this by changing the name of the one with the name I...
  10. If I change my gamertag will the old one that I just switched from be unavailable for use...

in XBoX Accessibility
    If I change my gamertag will the old one that I just switched from be unavailable for use...: For some backstory, back in 2015/2016 I got 2 "og" gamertags when Microsoft made them all available by resetting the old accounts not in use anymore. Earlier today, I tried to swap the gamertags...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. social.xbox/en-us/gamertag