username suffix at the end of name even though no one else has this username.

Discus and support username suffix at the end of name even though no one else has this username. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So I changed my username to garfXB, even though no one else is using this username, it stills has numbers at the end of it. Why is this?... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by IsaiahGoldthorpe, Jul 31, 2021.

1. username suffix at the end of name even though no one else has this username.

So I changed my username to garfXB, even though no one else is using this username, it stills has numbers at the end of it. Why is this?

:)

IsaiahGoldthorpe, Jul 31, 2021
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

If there is a suffix that was added it means that there is an account that was obtained the original Gamertag, Isaiah. You may have missed it.

For your reference, you can check this link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-pro...
  3. Smwutches Win User

Keep in mind the system doesn't see things like spaces as making a gamertag unique either, so another person may have the same tag, but spaced differently. Either way, if you're given the suffix, then it is in use somewhere on the servers.
  4. NLbawz Win User

Gamer Tag without Number suffix

That means someone else has the original username already. Since a recent update you can change to the same name however the first one gets the version without suffix
  5. E0S Win User

Gamertag has numbers at the end even though no one else has the username

6. xbox lover 78 Win User

Gamertag has numbers at the end even though no one else has the username

This is the new gamertag system - if you change it again you'll be given to choose both a "new" gamertag (with the numbers) and an "old" gamertag (without the numbers, and this is what will be displayed in just about everything that uses Xbox Live).
Thema:

1. username suffix at the end of name even though no one else has this username. - Similar Threads - username suffix end

2. Minecraft Username Switching Trouble

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Username Switching Trouble: Hello, I was told to post this here rather than contacting Minecraft Support, as they no longer deal with this kind of problem since the account migration happened. I own two Minecraft accounts...
  3. I bought minecraft java and bedrock and only received bedrock… username is bobtimjim23

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought minecraft java and bedrock and only received bedrock… username is bobtimjim23: Bought minecraft java and bedrock on bobtimjim23 and only received bedrock 799fe304-93be-4843-b5b5-0794a92b4c93
  4. Does your epic game account username and xbox username have to match

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does your epic game account username and xbox username have to match: Does my epic game account have to match my xbox username? Trying to upload vbucks and each voucher hasn't gone on yet says its already been redeemed 99f44d60-ebf5-4b0b-ba31-7bf18fc76b5b
  5. I paid money for my new username and it doesn't work it says it doesn't support in games...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I paid money for my new username and it doesn't work it says it doesn't support in games...: My Xbox username is Cloudzdamian b64cefe0-8379-4593-a075-a07f3c54ee60
  6. "User name" and "Username" are the same?

in XBoX on Windows
    "User name" and "Username" are the same?: I want to change my Xbox username now that I see that the specific username I want doesn't seem to be used. Xbox says it's taken, but the closest I can find to it is that username with a space in...
  7. Remove numbers in gamertag/minecraft username

in XBoX Accessibility
    Remove numbers in gamertag/minecraft username: I made my current account without realizing I already had one with the same username so this one got the numbers. I have changed the username of the first account to something different so it...
  8. Needing a new username for Minecraft Java, yet I already have one on my account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Needing a new username for Minecraft Java, yet I already have one on my account: Hello! I'm on Linux, after switching from Windows, wanted to try something new, just recently reinstalled the Minecraft Launcher, and whenever I try to play Minecraft, it asks for a new username....
  9. I'd like to take a username from a dead account that has no friends, no gamerscore, an Xbox...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I'd like to take a username from a dead account that has no friends, no gamerscore, an Xbox...: The username I'm looking to take is 'Fnqi' 681f5b4c-a4e4-451f-adc1-20506ad6c27e
  10. Minecraft Java Edition Username stuck on second account using Xbox gamepass that got...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft Java Edition Username stuck on second account using Xbox gamepass that got...: Hi, I'm here asking for help, a few months ago I bought an Xbox GamePass using my second Microsoft account to play Minecraft, months later, I finally bought the full Minecraft on my main account,...