Use your headset or other devices to change the volume. But I don't have wireless headset

Discus and support Use your headset or other devices to change the volume. But I don't have wireless headset in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an issue with my mic. When ever I try to access the volume settings it says Use your headset or other devices to change the volume. But my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by William Mwando, Nov 28, 2022.

1. Use your headset or other devices to change the volume. But I don't have wireless headset

I have an issue with my mic. When ever I try to access the volume settings it says Use your headset or other devices to change the volume. But my headsets do not have an option to switch on and off the mic and I can't talk in party or game chart but I can hear everything expect I can't talk. The controller I use is the rock candy and it's brand new. I don't use wireless headsets but I still can't switch on mic someone please help

:)

William Mwando, Nov 28, 2022
  2. Geri M. Win User

Use your headset or other devices to change the volume. But I don't have wireless headset

Hello William Mwando,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

We understand the inconvenience caused. Let us check on this together and sort this out to assist you. However, before we proceed, we would like to ask some questions about it.

1. When did the issue started?
    2. Have you tried this to another device and see if the same issue occurred?
    3. What platform are you using, PC, Console or a mobile device?
    4. Is this happening to all your party games?
    5. Any error messages? Would you mind sending it to us here?
    We are looking forward to your next response so we could assist you properly and sort out accurate resolution on the issue.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Nursemorph Win User

Which headset is it?

You will get that with some headsets...you can only change settings on the headset itself.
  4. Geri M. Win User

Hello William Mwando

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  5. Gamerguy3602 Win User

Headset volume

Yes I have. I am using a wireless headset, and for some odd reason, there is no slider for wireless headset. The only options I get for chat mixer are Reduce Volume of other sound by 80% or 50% I've tried them both but they don't seem to do much at all.
  6. WillLebo IV Win User

Xbox One stereo headset adapter/game sound

I just purchased the Turtle Beach XO Seven set which came with the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter. I have maxed out every volume option available and its still really quite. If i plug my headset into my phone or any other device the volume and sound quality
    is great. I don't even have to max out the volume on those. WTF Xbox? Give us more control over boosting headset volume when using the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter!!! Like Today
Thema:

1. Use your headset or other devices to change the volume. But I don't have wireless headset - Similar Threads - headset devices change

2. how do i adjust wireless headset volume if the menu is greyed out?

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do i adjust wireless headset volume if the menu is greyed out?: I have a wirless xbox headset that connects to my xbox just fine but there’s no audio. the headset volume and chat mixer are greyed out and I can adjust the chat mixer on the headset but for the...
  3. Gray chat mixer on wireless headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gray chat mixer on wireless headset: I am having issues with my chat mixer, i have a xbox wireless headset and my chat mixer won’t work. I try to twist the things on the side of the head set and it wont work, my controllers are all...
  4. Controller disconnects when headset is plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller disconnects when headset is plugged in: Hi, my daughter is trying to play my xbox one when she plugs a headset in it works OK in the fortnight lobby but as soon as a game loads it disconnects the controller. Any ideas? Thanks...
  5. Why do I only hear background noises on my headset and no voices?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I only hear background noises on my headset and no voices?: This problem started a week ago out of no where. I can only hear background sounds and little to no voices or footsteps. I have cleaned out my headset jack, tried my headset on another device...
  6. The headset chat mixer is grayed out on my xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    The headset chat mixer is grayed out on my xbox series s: Chat headset is grayed out on my xbox and I tried to update my controller but didn't resolve my issue. 38192de7-c3ad-433a-8501-995be67b27de
  7. Headset chat mixer

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset chat mixer: Why can’t i change my headset chat mixer after i’ve updated my controller and i’ve restarted my console e7594d79-9838-4e1d-86b1-cf30eb939ef1
  8. why when i connect my new wired gaming headsets it doesnt add the device or add the name,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why when i connect my new wired gaming headsets it doesnt add the device or add the name,...: when i connect my new gaming headset it doesn't has its own name to it or separate it from the windows default sound device it always goes to the windows default one and runs by that instead of...
  9. Can Xbox wireless headset output mic to two devices at once?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can Xbox wireless headset output mic to two devices at once?: I want to stream from my Xbox using a capture card going to my pc. I’m thinking about getting the Xbox wireless headset because of its two-devices-at-once abilities but I’m trying to see if that...
  10. How do I change my mic monitoring when it says "Use your headset or other device to change...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I change my mic monitoring when it says "Use your headset or other device to change...: I got a new controller and played some apex then plugged in my headset, then after a while I wanted to change my mic monitoring but it's says "Use your headset or other device to change the...