Use new Outlook email address to sign into Xbox profile

Discus and support Use new Outlook email address to sign into Xbox profile in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I created a new email address and it is perfect. I want to use it to sign into my existing Xbox profile, but it isn't letting me. I go to add it as an... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Eric From Cali, Feb 7, 2023.

1. Use new Outlook email address to sign into Xbox profile

I created a new email address and it is perfect. I want to use it to sign into my existing Xbox profile, but it isn't letting me. I go to add it as an alaias and it says that email is already in use....by me. So how can I get my current Xbox account and all my purchases onto my new Outlook email that I created?

:)

Eric From Cali, Feb 7, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi Eric! I'm Rostom, an Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you here.

Please be informed that it's not possible to add a new Outlook email address that's already existing to another Microsoft/Xbox account. The Outlook email address you have is technically a Microsoft account. There's no way we can merge Microsoft accounts.

If you want to replace the email of your current Xbox profile, simply go to https://account.microsoft.com/ > Your info > Edit account info. There will be an option to create a new Outlook email address there. You can only add an existing email address if it's a 3rd party email address that is not currently linked to any Microsoft accounts.
  3. Francia J. Win User

How to change the email on my xbox account to be the same as my microsoft account.

It means that your Outlook email address already has an Xbox profile linked to it. You may need to use a new Microsoft email address now, Halloymin.
  4. HAZMAT RADIO Win User

Xbox Live Family email adress

Back in the day when Xbox had the Xbox Family subscriptions you could have up to 4 people on one account to be able to use Xbox Live Gold and Games from the main account across all four.

Before they shut down that service, people that had a profile under the main account, didn't have a "real" Microsoft account so what Microsoft did was to create a domain called @XboxLiveFamily.com and then they took whatever the gamer tag was of those profiles
    and used that as the initial part of the email address and it would look like *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***

And that email address was the sign in email address for that new account. You can add a new Alias or sign in email address to the account, as long as it's not an existing hotmail, outlook or live email address. But you can't remove that @xboxlivefamily.com
    email address.
  5. XBF Diego M Win User

TRansfering xbox account

Hi Robert,

The system won't let you add an alias that is already being used by another Microsoft account. In this case, you have two Microsoft accounts and you want your Gmail to be associated with your Xbox Live account and not the Outlook address. Since you cannot
    transfer your Xbox Live profile from one account to another, you would first need to free up your Gmail from your other account, if you then want to add it as your primary alias for your Microsoft account which has the Xbox Live profile.

First, you need a create an alternate account to replace the Gmail on the Microsoft account using the email. Add the new email account as an alias and then you should be able to remove your Gmail as an alias from that account. Then, sign in with your Outlook
    account at https://account.microsoft.com/profile/ and add your Gmail address, which should no longer be an alias on another Microsoft account because you replaced it with
    the new email address you created. Once it is added, you can then make the Gmail as the primary sign in email and remove the Outlook if you wish to do so. Just keep in mind that this will permanently delete that Outlook email address.

I hope this helps! Let us know if you have any other questions.
  6. Rostom L Win User

Does anyone have any advice? I really need help

Hi Hunter!

For to me better understand your issue, I'll have to ask questions.

You mentioned about your primary email on your second account. Was that email an Outlook email address? Was it the email you were trying to transfer to your main Xbox account?

On the other hand, this new Outlook email address that was made, is it currently attached to your main account? You can check that by signing in to https://account.microsoft.com website then visit https://account.xbox.com/Profile to check if it shows your correct gamertag or main Xbox account.
Thema:

1. Use new Outlook email address to sign into Xbox profile - Similar Threads - Outlook email address

2. How do I change my Outlook email linked to my child's Epic Games account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I change my Outlook email linked to my child's Epic Games account?: This is one for the books and for those familiar with Epic Games accounts. A long time ago, I deleted my Outlook account without realizing that it was linked to my child's Epic Games account. It...
  3. How do I recover my locked outlook email account after the verification system has failed...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I recover my locked outlook email account after the verification system has failed...: I have had an outlook email for years that has been attached to various entertainment websites including xbox live. Microsoft has locked my account due to "unusual activity" and countless...
  4. I want to send out a group email. How do I set up a group in Outlook?

in XBoX on Windows
    I want to send out a group email. How do I set up a group in Outlook?: I need to send group emails. How do I set up a group in Outlook? 70300d30-2906-41d5-8e9f-b4d86d748e49
  5. Need help with a Minecraft account that had been migrated to my outlook email that got hacked.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help with a Minecraft account that had been migrated to my outlook email that got hacked.: I was told by Minecraft support to contact you guys since my Minecraft account had been migrated to an outlook email that got hacked, therefore losing my Minecraft account. I need help linking it...
  6. I have forgotten my outlook Email that I used for minecraft.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have forgotten my outlook Email that I used for minecraft.: The account is already present in my minecraft launcher but I cant sign in. It has one email linked to it but no phone number. I tried using my linked account to find it through...
  7. How do i retrieve my son's password? His email address was an assigned outlook address and...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do i retrieve my son's password? His email address was an assigned outlook address and...: I cant seemed to change his email address from the parent settings which makes no sense since i am the parent. e9103ef0-19f8-4ac4-ba43-d940c7932b45
  8. My xbox and phone were stolen and I can't remember my outlook email address and now I'm stuck

in XBoX Accessibility
    My xbox and phone were stolen and I can't remember my outlook email address and now I'm stuck: So here's the situation. A few years ago I made an outlook.com email account just for my xbox live subscription. Recently my xbox was stolen, along with my phone. Now I can't sign in to cancel my...
  9. Outlook email address not associated with any Microsoft account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Outlook email address not associated with any Microsoft account.: I created a new outlook email address for a Microsoft account, however later removed it as an alias. I can not add the email back to my Microsoft account as I can not verify the account to be mine...
  10. Forgotten Outlook email address for one of my old Xbox accounts.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Forgotten Outlook email address for one of my old Xbox accounts.: Hi, I've forgotten my Outlook email address for one of my old Xbox accounts and I want it back. The GT is called BritishBounty. I've heard that all you have to do is say your security question or...