Use Microsoft credit from parent account to purchase an item on my sons account.

Discus and support Use Microsoft credit from parent account to purchase an item on my sons account. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I would like to use my Microsoft credit to purchase an item on my sons account. He’s listed as a family member. When I enter his account to add funds,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ariccardiiii, Feb 6, 2023.

1. ariccardiiii
    ariccardiiii Guest

Use Microsoft credit from parent account to purchase an item on my sons account.

I would like to use my Microsoft credit to purchase an item on my sons account. He’s listed as a family member. When I enter his account to add funds, I can see my Microsoft credit for $100 but it’s greyed out. Why can’t I use it?

:)

ariccardiiii, Feb 6, 2023
  2. Agent Kansas632 Win User

Xbox Avatar Purchase Message

You need a valid method of payment linked to your account (like credit card or paypal) in order to purchase avatar items from xbox one (yes even to claim free items)

If you have an xbox 360 you can use the currency under your account
    That's the problem. I had my parent's credit card (with their permission of course) and it still popped up with the same message. I even tried it with my Microsoft account, I had £25 on that and it didn't work
  3. Lou Ryan Win User

Why can’t we use Microsoft account balance to purchase digital xbox gift card?

Thanks for the reply. If the Microsoft account balance is essentially a gift card, is there a way to use that to purchase Vbucks? If not, what can we do to facilitate the purchase of Vbucks (or are we really limited with what that Microsoft account balance can buy us?)?

And would you happen to know why the Xbox all of a sudden wouldn’t accept Vbucks purchases via the usual way (PayPal) and sent my son down the path of having to ask a parent (the purchase the Microsoft credit)?
  4. tedf76 Win User

Child using my Xbox parent account and gametag

If I create a new account for me as parent in existing family setup in Microsoft and change my old account to child, is there a guarantee that there will be no loss of game achievements or purchases for my old account my son is using
  5. Onyx Is Here Win User

Microsoft Support keeps ignoring me on Mistake purchase refund request

As well as the info listed previously I would also recommend putting parental controls on your son's account. You can turn off the option to purchase items if you are listed as the parent account. You can restrict your son's purchasing ability via this
    link https://account.microsoft.com/family/
  6. GamerKid4Life08 Win User

Xbox Ultimate Game Pass subscription for my child

I thought i was purchasing the Subscription (via Microsoft account log in) to be available under my sons xbox account - but when finished, it shows the subscription is available under mine.

I can't find any option when logged in under my son to purchase it, neither doing it directly from the Xbox gives the option - it just says give your parent a hug 😀

Tried adding credit to his microsoft account but that still doesn't let us purchase it either....just says about the hug still!

Setting and permissions all look ok, so I'm stuck!
    Go to the gamepass page in the store. There should be a button that says shair with family
Thema:

1. Use Microsoft credit from parent account to purchase an item on my sons account. - Similar Threads - Microsoft credit parent

2. Cannot buy vbucks despite sufficient credit on microsoft account

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot buy vbucks despite sufficient credit on microsoft account: Hi, keep trying to buy vbucks (for my son). I topped the microsfot account up to cover payment, but Fortnite keeps asking for permission and more funds - I've now tried it through the xbox site,...
  3. Unauthorized, unrecognized, Microsoft account credit

in XBoX on Windows
    Unauthorized, unrecognized, Microsoft account credit: I have many of these unrecognized orders they show up as: " Status: Redeemed Total:$100 Order date: 00/00/00 Payment method: Redeemed code ". I never acquired and I was never notified about them....
  4. Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????: I currently have three different cards that are being charged with fraudulent charges through Microsoft. Can't change my password, can't remove credit cards, and good luck trying to speak to...
  5. microsoft account balance credit

in XBoX Accessibility
    microsoft account balance credit: Hi this morning I redeemed a code to my Microsoft account. but when I try to purchase from Forza horizon 5 it shows the pervious balance. I checked my credit it shows the right amount of 23 $...
  6. Why are unauthorized credits that Microsoft refunded me for still showing in the game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why are unauthorized credits that Microsoft refunded me for still showing in the game?: Unauthorized purchases were made on my account. Microsoft refunded the money but the credits are still showing in the game. If I want to get credits but am afraid if I buy credits these will be...
  7. I have unauthorized transactions on my credit card from MICROSOFT ULTIMATE 1M. I BELIVE ITS...

in XBoX on Windows
    I have unauthorized transactions on my credit card from MICROSOFT ULTIMATE 1M. I BELIVE ITS...: Talk to a customer representative about unauthorized transactions on my CC 68f972c2-ae14-4154-8383-8a27b2ef461c
  8. Where support for Microsoft credit issues.

in XBoX on Windows
    Where support for Microsoft credit issues.: Where did my $100+ store credit go after I canceled my preorder? I had it, there was no notification that it was going away, and now I don't have it. I have spent 30 minutes trying to find out how...
  9. Trying to purchase/preorder a game with both my Microsoft points and credit card but the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to purchase/preorder a game with both my Microsoft points and credit card but the...: Trying to purchase/preorder a game with both my Microsoft points and credit card but the store doesn't accept Microsoft points. Is there something wrong or do I have to wait until the game...
  10. Can i add my Pakistani Debit or credit card in microsoft store to buy games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can i add my Pakistani Debit or credit card in microsoft store to buy games: I lived in karachi pakistan and i have an id of microsoft through which i had login into my xbox and pc dffb999b-fd44-4b89-98b8-498ef194dde1