Use headphones through 3.5mm jack with Elite Series 2 Wireless Controller and Win 10 PC

Discus and support Use headphones through 3.5mm jack with Elite Series 2 Wireless Controller and Win 10 PC in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Connected my Elite Series 2 controller - Have updated it through the accessories app, fiddled with the settings - works with games for input and sound... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Daddy Issues, Jun 30, 2022.

1. Daddy Issues
    Daddy Issues Guest

Use headphones through 3.5mm jack with Elite Series 2 Wireless Controller and Win 10 PC

Connected my Elite Series 2 controller - Have updated it through the accessories app, fiddled with the settings -

works with games for input and sound with USB connected. However cannot get sound with Bluetooth connection.

The settings for audio input to xbox controller disappears when not plugged by USB.

Is there a way to keep sound through the controller with Bluetooth connection or do I have to have a physical connection for windows to use it as a sound output?

:)

Daddy Issues, Jun 30, 2022
  2. Daddy Issues Win User

Thanks. this is what i was thinking.

are you sure buying the dongle will work?

I am led to understand one of the perks of the elite 2 is that you arent supposed to need the dongle......
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

Bluetooth does not have the bandwidth for Xbox audio. You need to either purchase the wireless controller adapter or use a USB connection for headset support
  4. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Daddy, unfortunately it is not possible, because the system will always force you to choose a device as sound output, and will have to opt for some of them.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox Series X controller on PC, no sound through jack when wireless

Hi,

If you're using Bluetooth to play wireless with the controller then audio won't come through the 3.5mm headphone jack. Nothing wrong with your setup, it's a hardware limitation of the controller.

To use all the features of the controller while wireless requires the purchase of an Xbox One wireless adaptor for Windows.
  6. XBF Amber M Win User

Xbox Elite Controller no sound

Hi Zen!

Thanks for letting us know you're experiencing an issue with your Elite controller. Based on what you've stated about your 3.5mm headphone jack not working, I would like to know if you have done the

troubleshooting steps for the Elite controller
    from our Xbox support page? Or rather, how you came to the conclusion (what troubleshooting you have done) that the 3.5mm jack has stopped working?

If you have already done all troubleshooting and are certain that the headphone jack is no longer working, then I recommend

setting up a repair for your Elite controller
    since the headphone jack is an internal part of the controller body.

Hope this helps and please let us know if you have any further questions!
Thema:

1. Use headphones through 3.5mm jack with Elite Series 2 Wireless Controller and Win 10 PC - Similar Threads - headphones through 5mm

2. How to turn off party chat on tv without having headphones

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to turn off party chat on tv without having headphones: How can i turn the sound from party chat from going to my tv when my headset disconnects, i dont want any audio besides the game going threw the tv and my headphones disconnect a lot...
  3. Dolby Atmos for headphones issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos for headphones issue: Hi all, Recently bought the Microsoft Wireless Headset for my Series X . I paid for the for Dolby Atmos app but I am having an extremely annoying issue with the licence. It keeps advising that I...
  4. make usb audio headphones work on xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    make usb audio headphones work on xbox series x: make usb audio headphones work on xbox series x 0c98e371-89d0-42b3-b2b3-9f0c23f85598
  5. Elite Controller 2 Headphone Jack - can it be disabled?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller 2 Headphone Jack - can it be disabled?: Causing a problem with Dying Light 2 on pc. Sound wants to keep switching to controller headphone jack. Since I don't use the jack (and have no plans to ever use it) the game sound cuts out...
  6. Audio Issue. PS5 headphones are so quiet on my gaming laptop but not on my HP??

in XBoX on Windows
    Audio Issue. PS5 headphones are so quiet on my gaming laptop but not on my HP??: I've tried everything, my headphones are sooo quiet on my laptop despite the volume settings being on 100%. The problem started after I used my earphones plugging them into the headphone jack and...
  7. I purchased DTS headphone X and never received it, and Microsoft refuses to refund me!! and...

in XBoX on Windows
    I purchased DTS headphone X and never received it, and Microsoft refuses to refund me!! and...: I purchased DTS headphone X and never received it, and Microsoft refuses to refund me!! and refuse to give me the item I clearly own and can be seen in my orders as PURCHASED! ALL THEY DO IS SEND...
  8. Why won’t audio play through my headphones I’ve tried the settings I’ve watched 3 vids to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t audio play through my headphones I’ve tried the settings I’ve watched 3 vids to...: HELP PLEASE I’ve tried everything 6ef48a46-d4dd-4291-9c8a-3125532ffdfc
  9. Xbox One X purchased 2017, no audio except through headphones

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X purchased 2017, no audio except through headphones: I bought my Xbox One X in 2017. I know it's really time to retire it but I can't afford the new console. Recently I had to hook up the console to a Hitachi TV that I bought sometime around 2013....
  10. I cannot hear through any headphones on my Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot hear through any headphones on my Series S: My headset randomly stopped letting me hear audio. In an attempt to fix it, I bought a new headset and i also wasnt getting audio through that one either. Ice restarted my console, plugged it in...